Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

5 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

I've got to admit I've lost track of all this. All I want to know, can anyone tell me there is any possibility we could get points deducted this season? 

We don't 100% know. Everything i have read that claims to be an authority on the matter says not this season, as there is not enough time for the relevant hearings / reviews / appeals to happen before the end of the season. I don't think we know what has happened so far so i fear there is an element of guesswork in that.  We still don't know the breach amount, as the final PSR calculation will include things that haven't been released yet.

I think we won't know until it happens. Based on a how we have seen things pan out, i doubt we start the season on a points reduction either. 

IMHO, the lack of transparency in timelines is another issue with all this. Its the fans that lose out at the end of the day.

Edited by Chelmofox

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This been posted before ? Finance expert issues Leicester City points deduction prediction (footballleagueworld.co.uk) 

So apparently we will likely breach PSR by 25/30m dependant upon how much we can write off to Women's team, etc

Which we would have met had we sold Barnes earlier. That would have meant we wouldn't have been able to spend anything last summer bar loans, frees and small transfers but we evidently opted to go for it.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Which we would have met had we sold Barnes earlier. That would have meant we wouldn't have been able to spend anything last summer bar loans, frees and small transfers but we evidently opted to go for it.

Brave/Stupid - I would say the line is thin, but recent history should have suggested prudence was the sensible choice.

36 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

I've got to admit I've lost track of all this. All I want to know, can anyone tell me there is any possibility we could get points deducted this season? 

These things happen so slowly it's almost impossible we'll be punished this season. It would be unprecedented if our promotion (should we wrap it up) was prevented by either investigation. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Absolutely not as this would open up the biggest can of worms this side of Marrakesh given that we are where we are as a direct result of Everton and Forests breaches.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wasn't there an issue with the fact Barnes wanted to stay? Would presume that they would have had to have gone through a process with him to help him make the decision that is was ok to leave. Madders was easy - he couldn't wait to get out.

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Wasn't there an issue with the fact Barnes wanted to stay? Would presume that they would have had to have gone through a process with him to help him make the decision that is was ok to leave. Madders was easy - he couldn't wait to get out.

In my ideal world. He goes  to Spurs, the serial unwinners. Although we get relegated, we hopefully go up as Champions of the Championship.

Get a trophy.

The irony is strong with this one.

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Pretty sure he told Maresca during the 1st week back in training he wanted to leave so not sure that was a sticking point. 

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Supposedly theres about £35m spend allocated in accounts that are not stated as what it was for 

Thanks for that...if that's Bodgers pay off, it may explain why we were still spending money on players in the second window. The board hadn't budgeted for being forced into paying off the scumbag.

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Supposedly theres about £35m spend allocated in accounts that are not stated as what it was for 

As I've said, if we not only had to pay off the remainder of his and his staffs contracts but also up front in the year of sacking then we (the club) deserve everything coming to us. That was a 5 year £50-60m (over half the entire 3 year PSR allowable loss) liability hanging over our heads at any given time should we need to replace Rodgers, which must have made financial planning and compliance very precarious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ecdysiast said:

Thanks for that...if that's Bodgers pay off, it may explain why we were still spending money on players in the second window. The board hadn't budgeted for being forced into paying off the scumbag.

Its documented that following the World Cup they were looking at where they might finish up the table. We slept walked into Relegation. Whilst on here we were all thinking it was a serious possibility, at the club it was barely a concern. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Please tell me we haven't given him and his mates £35m! That would be insane.

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

everton with 2 more off

Christ. If we do go up, the Premier League aren't just going to throw the book at us, they're going to fire it from a cannon at point blank range!

Random thought. If we’re going to get a points deduction if we’re promoted anyway, would it be better tactically to just go into admin? Does that wipe the slate clean? If so is it worth doing that providing a better opportunity to bounce straight back again?