Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

The number of points is just enough so they  won’t get relegated. 

Pretty big assumption with this many matches left.

They were initially going to be deducted 5 points

Everton successfully argued:

1. They had already been penalised for overlapping years and double punishment was unfair.

2. The loss of sponsorship revenue from USM Services Limited.

3. The fact the club admitted its PSR breach at the first opportunity.

1. & 2. resulted in two points deducted from the five, with a further point taken off for 3.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Pretty big assumption with this many matches left.

If it becomes an issue the appeal will get that lowered to 1 point. They will be gambling that reductions this year don't cause relegation. 

• Like 1

In the written reasons, it is outlined Premier League asked for a five-point deduction. In addition: "There remains a dispute between the Premier League and the club as to the status of certain costs that the club says are associated with its stadium construction. This issue, and the question of whether any additional sanction should be applied, will be resolved by the same Commission at a later date."

21 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Random thought. If we’re going to get a points deduction if we’re promoted anyway, would it be better tactically to just go into admin? Does that wipe the slate clean? If so is it worth doing that providing a better opportunity to bounce straight back again?

Administration is a nuclear option involving massive points deductions, losses for people that we owe money to, our credit status goes down, and nobody would trust us!

It’s all corrupt ain’t it, it’s just enough so they won’t get relegated, if they do they’ll appeal it, end up successful and will stay up. 

Said it all along but any points deduction that results in them being relegated will open up a whole new can of worms via a legal battle. 

• Like 2

Does anybody know what our mitigation reasons are? From what I've read they seem to be:

1. We weren't expecting to get relegated having finished 5th twice and 8th in the previous seasons.

2. We don't think we should be being punished by both the PL and EFL.

3. The whole system is unfair.

These seem to be alot weaker than the reasons Everton have given. 1 is just poor running of the club, 2 is a technicality, and 3 is a non starter given that 19 out of 20 clubs voted it through. On top of that, we can't even claim cooperation now were trying to take legal action against them. I've a feeling our deduction is gonna be bigger than all of those given so far

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Random thought. If we’re going to get a points deduction if we’re promoted anyway, would it be better tactically to just go into admin? Does that wipe the slate clean? If so is it worth doing that providing a better opportunity to bounce straight back again?

Get 10 points deduction for going into admin

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Does anybody know what our mitigation reasons are? From what I've read they seem to be:

1. We weren't expecting to get relegated having finished 5th twice and 8th in the previous seasons.

These seem to be alot weaker than the reasons Everton have given. 1 is just poor running of the club, 2 is a technicality, and 3 is a non starter given that 19 out of 20 clubs voted it through. On top of that, we can't even claim cooperation now were trying to take legal action against them. I've a feeling our deduction is gonna be bigger than all of those given so far

Not sure, but 1 just seems like utter BS. Whatever our league/European positions we were breaking the rules. We’re in trouble because we signed too many bad players on big contracts. Not sure how we mitigate for that! It’d be more reassuring if we could prove we’d learnt the mistakes…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

These things happen so slowly it's almost impossible we'll be punished this season. It would be unprecedented if our promotion (should we wrap it up) was prevented by either investigation. 

Yes. If our hypothetical promotion was nulled by a points deduction, it would knacker the play-offs. You can’t reassign the standings and replay those.

• Like 1

Feels like our best strategy now is to tie it all up in red tape to slow any decision down, get promoted so it’s hard to undo, hope for a rule change so the punishment is a fine.

• Like 1

Just now, brookfox said:

Feels like our best strategy now is to tie it all up in red tape to slow any decision down, get promoted so it’s hard to undo, hope for a rule change so the punishment is a fine.

And spend like crazy if the max we can get is 10

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just reading the 5 point request less mitigation, feels like we're being lined up for a potential 6pts + 5pts deduction for the 2 years, with likely no mitigation, and that's if they don't find a way to punish us even more from the 6 and 5 point precedents, based on amounts and lack of mitigation. Oh well. We can do it 🤣

Everton as far as I can tell have been cooperative with the PL...Can't help thinking us being not so much might get us in a whole world of shit!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I think you're probably right but don't think escaping a points deduction is even possible, especially if forest or Everton go down because of them. Maybe we should start cheering them bastards as well as cov. What a ****ing season.

47 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Let's be honest if any other club put those reasons for mitigation up we would laugh....it's pathetic and very entitled. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Having said that, we must accept fault for our financial situation too - why the hell is Ward still on our books earning 40k a week???

How would you get rid of him then?

Which club could we force to sign him and how would we force him to agree to go for a lower salary?

Or would you just pay him off, in which case we're no better off.

20 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Everton as far as I can tell have been cooperative with the PL...Can't help thinking us being not so much might get us in a whole world of shit!

Points deductions are reduced for co-operating with the independent commission that reviews the case - not for cooperating with the PL. If we’re cooperative when we’re dealing with the commission, there’s no reason why we won’t get a reduction.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Let's be honest if any other club put those reasons for mitigation up we would laugh....it's pathetic and very entitled. 

I don't know those are the reasons but that's what I've taken from the statements made. They may be holding something back but the biggest issue they seem to have is the technicality around who punishes us. Who knows, they may have found a loophole to exploit but from my uneducated point of view, this seems pretty weak. And it shouldn't take away from the complete mismanagement of the finances. I remember a few years ago that concerns were raised about our wages to turnover ratio but rather than get it under control, we seem to have continued to hand out contracts like we were dealing with monopoly money

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Points deductions are reduced for co-operating with the independent commission that reviews the case - not for cooperating with the PL. If we’re cooperative when we’re dealing with the commission, there’s no reason why we won’t get a reduction.

Ah come on!An"indepent commission" is just going to look about the way we have conducted this whole thing and hammer us......like being taken to HR at work on a disciplinary...supposed to be impartial, but you know you have no chance.

• Like 1