Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The industry knows what’s going on 

that’s why Brighton low balled us for kdh in jan 

the premier league aren’t going to hide any charges that reflect any breaking of psr last season and that will be within the next month. 

Can’t reply to Jordan’s point until we see if any other efl club is called out before the end of the season ….. if they aren’t charged until next season then we do have a complaint. (Although our financial stresses are not a secret) 

It’s pretty obvious to most other than a few on here who still have their head in the sand.

I repeat what I’ve said for a while, Brendan Rodgers and Rudkin have set this club back years. I was also laughed at for saying Brighton are streets ahead of us and will be for years.

Some people really do need to wake up.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s pretty obvious to most other than a few on here who still have their head in the sand.

I repeat what I’ve said for a while, Brendan Rodgers and Rudkin have set this club back years. I was also laughed at for saying Brighton are streets ahead of us and will be for years.

Some people really do need to wake up.

Tony bloom has invested £400m into brighton

king power have probably invested a similar amount into us 

but Tony bloom has invested in staff who are exceptionally capable 

we have, however, won trophies.   But they are established premier league and likely to stay there whilst bloom is at the helm.   

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

we have, however, won trophies.   But they are established premier league and likely to stay there whilst bloom is at the helm.   

There is no such thing as an established Premier League team outside the top 6. We’re evidence of that, outside the big money everyone is a bad transfer window or manager appointment from relegation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thoroughly depressing but not necessarily unexpected news. Does make you wonder what the point is sometimes. Financial fair play in name is a nice idea, but it’s ended up just ‘putting clubs like us in their place’ strive to be successful and punished. Go back up, come straight back down, likely with more of a financial hit from being relegated again. It’s very much we need to go up, but what’s the point when we’ll likely end up with a poorer side as a result!

We have failed badly deviating from what made us a success in the first place. We got a taste of the top table and grew hungry for more, and now getting stung for it. Sustaining top six premier league football on our budget was always living on the edge, where a couple of ‘below average’ or bad seasons plunges you into a different financial position. Guilty of overspending on wages (Rodgers included) and poor recruitment, and it’s coming back to bite us on the arse. By no means am I clued up on business and finance, but paying 3-4 players £80k+ a week (probably more that 3-4) was never sustainable long term

4 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Thoroughly depressing but not necessarily unexpected news. Does make you wonder what the point is sometimes. Financial fair play in name is a nice idea, but it’s ended up just ‘putting clubs like us in their place’ strive to be successful and punished. Go back up, come straight back down, likely with more of a financial hit from being relegated again. It’s very much we need to go up, but what’s the point when we’ll likely end up with a poorer side as a result!

We have failed badly deviating from what made us a success in the first place. We got a taste of the top table and grew hungry for more, and now getting stung for it. Sustaining top six premier league football on our budget was always living on the edge, where a couple of ‘below average’ or bad seasons plunges you into a different financial position. Guilty of overspending on wages (Rodgers included) and poor recruitment, and it’s coming back to bite us on the arse. By no means am I clued up on business and finance, but paying 3-4 players £80k+ a week (probably more that 3-4) was never sustainable long term

I do know what you mean. Its completely taken the joy out of this season for me 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Our maybe just wait until we have broken the rules and be charged.

At the moment all you have is speculation.

Forest have been charged, at this moment in time we have not.

Do you genuinely think we won't have breached 2022/23 rules? It's stacking up that it's inevitable, but I suppose someone has to be the violinists on the Titanic here ay pal? 😂

• Haha 1

We signed up to it and if we failed and the punishment is a points deduction then we have to get on with it. Hopefully we won't have local MPs defending us when we don't deserve it like Everton.

Just now, Corky said:

We signed up to it and if we failed and the punishment is a points deduction then we have to get on with it. Hopefully we won't have local MPs defending us when we don't deserve it like Everton.

WE'RE UP ALL NIGHT FOR KEITH VAZ

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If anyone uses “we won trophies” as an argument against my post above, it’s easy to counter with we have made multiple mistakes since that point.

Not selling players, giving out stupid contract, buying players with no resale value, new contracts to shit players,bad recruitment, bad negotiating to offload players etc etc.

We didn’t do much of this pre the FA Cup win or at least 9 months before. But here we are, and we will be lucky to not do a Leeds/Derby etc.

• Like 1

On 04/03/2024 at 13:55, Chocolate Teapot said:

The PL has destroyed itself, the attraction was it's competitiveness compared to other European leagues, now it's turning into another La Liga, or Series A, Bundersliga etc.....

I’m really far more angry about this than I should be (hence posting at nearly 3am!) but I think it’s worse because I’m not really sure who to be angry at.

I’ve always been against FFP and could see it coming, but if we’ve broken the rules then we should be punished. Let’s not claim to be the victim like Everton.

There’s the hierarchy too, but a lot of fans were angry they didn’t spend more. They tried to be competitive and make Europe a regular thing. The moment that didn’t happen suddenly we’ve spent too much. It’s ridiculous really because we were only two wins in the Conference League and a couple of places in the league from qualifying for Europe as well. We were dammed if we did and dammed if we didn’t spend. And that’s the modern football we all have to suck up.

This is all ****ing bollocks. 

1. how are we even in the same conversations as Forest and Everton? 
2. why the **** is Rudkin still our DoF? This is gross negligence 

3. the game is completely corrupt and designed to restrict anything but the power 6

Any other fan complaining about us can **** off too. I didn’t see your club sticking it to the big boys for the last 10 years. 

• Like 1

Having a wage bill 20 mill a year higher than anyone else this year was a pretty good indicator that there was trouble ahead. We've gambled again on going straight back up, and staying up with a points deduction. If it's 6 points, we can do that 

Edited by ronnup

58 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Just read that southampton will sue us if we get promoted lol It’s never boring to be Leicester  

A little premature given that we haven’t breached for this season and may still not.

I'm just sick to death of the sheer negligence from the people that run this club. The blueprint was set by Vichai but Top, Rudkin and Whelan may as well have taken a piss on it. Nobody is held accountable at this club anymore 

Edited by foxfanazer

6 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I presume the reason they've changed the name away from financial fair play, is because of the ridiculousness of calling it fair in the first place, when it was clear as day that it was only going to be fair to the "big clubs", and keep them up there and unchallenged.

That said, the clubs, us included, voted in favour of it, and now we have to accept the consequences, its as simple as that.

I don't know about the younger fan, who have been growing up with football being second to finance, they may feel differently, but it has sucked the joy out of football for me.

There was a time when anyone could win the top division, and even a second division club could win the Cup.

When getting relegated only hurt our pride, but now it's all about money, and financial plans, and how you cant financially afford to get relegated.

This isn't what made me fall in love with football and my club.

I'm a fan, all I want to have to worry about is the next game we play, not whether we have breached some financial plan, that means we will have to sell our best players, and still get a points deduction.

Leicester City football club have been and always will be a massive part of my life, but modern football as a match going fan, is Shite!!

That's another thing that's wrong with modern football, the sanitised nature of "the match day experience" as they like to call it.

Where we pay over the odds to sit in a seat, and are pretty much told to sit down and behave ourselves, like we are some kid in a school class room.

Where is the passion in that.

For god sake, let fans be fans!

You can't even get into the ground without an adult if you're under 16, why the hell not??

I was going down the city with mates and without an adult when I was 12, what has changed?

I love leicester city, but modern football is absolute shite, they are killing the game I used to love.

Man utd v Man City on the box, I'd rather watch a game on the park!

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Hold on a minute, spunked money? If I’m not mistake, all of our arrivals combined cost less than what we sold James Maddison for, we then sold Barnes and Castagne on top of that, as well as losing at least 9 first team players - we needed to replace them!

We didn’t really spunk any money, and I would argue this was our best summer transfer window in a long time.

This is coming on the back of the previous summer where we sold Fofana for huge money and only brought in Faes for a small fraction of what we received.

Add to this a huge reduction this season in our wage bill and I actually think for the last 2 seasons we’ve been pretty financially responsible in terms of transfer fees paid out vs received.

Just two examples.

Coady and Cannon are way above market value for a championship side and the manager doesn't fancy either player. That's not financially responsible.

31 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm just sick to the death of the sheer negligence from the people that run this club. The blueprint was set by Vichai but Top, Rudkin and Whelan may as well have taken a piss on it. Nobody is held accountable at this club anymore 

There is no one at the wheel.  If we have broken the rules then These guys have allowed it to happen form miles away.

• Like 1

So in summary, we potentially face charges for two separate periods:

1) The three-year period ending June 2023, which ended in our relegation. We’ll find out about this very soon as our accounts for 2022/23 are about to be published and the PL is, according to reports, preparing to charge us next week. However, at the hearing we will argue, with some justification, that we made more of an effort than some of our rivals to stay within the rules and that we got relegated as a result, so we’ve already been punished for this. 

2) The three-year period ending June 2024. For this charge - if it comes - we will argue that the FL should not be looking at the previous two seasons because they were under a different set of rules (ie, a higher overspend limit) and that we did not know when we overspent in 2021/22 that we would face a much lower limit in a couple of seasons’ time. In addition, as the current financial period has more than three months to run, we can still potentially avoid a charge by generating additional income before June 30.

On the Radio Leicester podcast last night they had a football finance expert on from Sheffield Hallam University. After listening to him I felt marginally more positive that, at the very least, we’ll have reasonably strong arguments in both of the above cases. They’re not quite as open and shut as I originally feared. I really hope we’ve employed the best lawyers in the land to work with us on this.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

So in summary, we potentially face charges for two separate periods:

1) The three-year period ending June 2023, which ended in our relegation. We’ll find out about this very soon as our accounts for 2022/23 are about to be published and the PL is, according to reports, preparing to charge us next week. However, at the hearing we will argue, with some justification, that we made more of an effort than some of our rivals to stay within the rules and that we got relegated as a result, so we’ve already been punished for this. 

2) The three-year period ending June 2024. For this charge - if it comes - we will argue that the FL should not be looking at the previous two seasons because they were under a different set of rules (ie, a higher overspend limit) and that we did not know when we overspent in 2021/22 that we would face a much lower limit in a couple of seasons’ time. In addition, as the current financial period has more than three months to run, we can still potentially avoid a charge by generating additional income before June 30.

On the Radio Leicester podcast last night they had a football finance expert on from Sheffield Hallam University. After listening to him I felt marginally more positive that, at the very least, we’ll have reasonably strong arguments in both of the above cases. They’re not quite as open and shut as I originally feared. I really hope we’ve employed the best lawyers in the land to work with us on this.

Looks like we had a top lawyer on the earlier case in November so.i presume we'll be going full man city defending this 

• Like 1