Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Jeff Stelling this morning on TalkSport said we're expecting a points deduction of somewhere between 6 and 15 points. Where do they keep pulling these numbers from? 

Thin air. Let’s not forget the article was published by Percy, who I believe now has a degree of the “****ems” about him, because I understand something happened between him and the club and his source within the club, that was cut and since then he’s been a bit of a twat about us, plus he’s a Forest fan I think. 

The media just blow everything out of proportion, especially when it comes to us.   

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Jeff Stelling this morning on TalkSport said we're expecting a points deduction of somewhere between 6 and 15 points. Where do they keep pulling these numbers from? 

They’re all basing it on the Daily Telegraph article, which itself is vague about where that range has come from. It’s incredible that they just keep repeating it when a simple fact check would show that anything more than 12 points is impossible under the rules.

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Are people stupid it like ground hog day in here. 

The PL has already had to back down on the Everton 10-point punishment, the appeal panel stated it was inappropriate due to other benchmarks set in the PL rule and EPL rules. 

Insolvency in the PL is 9 points; they will never get more than 8 to stick. 

Surely that's true for any single punishment, but are we due two punishments this year? Second one would be much smaller due to large overlap but I guess it could creep above 9 on this basis?

23 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Are people stupid it like ground hog day in here. 

The PL has already had to back down on the Everton 10-point punishment, the appeal panel stated it was inappropriate due to other benchmarks set in the PL rule and EPL rules. 

Insolvency in the PL is 9 points; they will never get more than 8 to stick. 

looking forward to Man City’s 1,150 point deduction if they do. Spread over 20 years would be fine.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Surely that's true for any single punishment, but are we due two punishments this year? Second one would be much smaller due to large overlap but I guess it could creep above 9 on this basis?

Nope

second breach would be in the efl (assuming we do breach)

there is no mechanism for applying an efl breach sanction in the PL

the following season could be another breach applied - that becomes complicated if we’re relegated again and the efl have deferred this seasons sanction 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, MPH said:

If we get 6 points, we just need to take it on the chin and close this sorry chapter  and work with it.  10 points or more, appeal.

We should appeal whatever. Nothing to lose.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

As things stand, we're only due one punishment. We can still avoid the second.

• Like 2

Just now, st albans fox said:

Nope

second breach would be in the efl (assuming we do breach)

there is no mechanism for applying an efl breach sanction in the PL

the following season could be another breach applied - that becomes complicated if we’re relegated again and the efl have deferred this seasons sanction 

Ah cool, makes sense. Potentially a likely punishment if/when we do breach/get relegated then. With that being the case I'm less convinced we'll fire sell before June deadlines.

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

100% agree. Worst case , the appeal fails.

Best case we get 1 or 2 points back which could make a massive difference

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MPH said:

If we get 6 points, we just need to take it on the chin and close this sorry chapter  and work with it.  10 points or more, appeal.

6 points for me is a result - meaning we expect something and 6 points though a disadvantage is still keeps us competitive.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It would be pointless to appeal a 6 point deduction S that’s the minimum we could get.  Appealing couldn’t get us any lower. Besides, appeals sometimes result in an increased punishment. It would not be wise to appeal -6 points.

35 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

We have been changed by the PL for one, I think any punishment for that will be applied next season.

I think any punishment for a possible EFL beach will be applied when we return to the EFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

It would be pointless to appeal a 6 point deduction S that’s the minimum we could get.  Appealing couldn’t get us any lower. Besides, appeals sometimes result in an increased punishment. It would not be wise to appeal -6 points.

They can't increase the deduction if we appeal, only reject it. Why is six points the minimum we could get? Forest got four - do you know for a fact that it's impossible for ours to get as low as that?

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

They can't increase the deduction if we appeal, only reject it. Why is six points the minimum we could get? Forest got four - do you know for a fact that it's impossible for ours to get as low as that?

believe it or not, Forests offensives were at the lower end of the scale whilst our offense is at the top end of the offense.  I don’t have it with me but it was in the Telegraph that was saying minimum 6 points for our offense..

1 hour ago, MPH said:

believe it or not, Forests offensives were at the lower end of the scale whilst our offense is at the top end of the offense.  I don’t have it with me but it was in the Telegraph that was saying minimum 6 points for our offense..

Do you know what our PSR breach is then? Because I'm pretty sure that hasn't been revealed yet. The '6-15 points' range came from an unknown source cited in the Telegraph - it has not been confirmed anywhere. Whatever we get docked, we should - and will - appeal. 

Either way I'm in the mindset of "f**k it" 

We know we are getting one, it's going to have to be a real siege mentality next season, chances are we are going to get beat alot, so just get behind the lads every single week and hope we just give it a massive go 

Bookies favourites to go down anyway, every man and his dog expect us to get relegated, not a lot to lose in my opinion

Just know though I will be the smuggest ba*tard around if we manage to stay up next season 🤣

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Jeff Stelling and TalkSport are the answers to your question.

Why would you believe anything on Talksport.

• Like 1

Just now, hackneyfox said:

Jeff Stelling and TalkSport are the answers to your question.

Why would you believe anything on Talksport.

Who said I believed it? I've put on here before I will be very surprised if it's more than 6 and that it couldn't be 10 or more as that's what you get for administration. I was purely stating that I don't know why or where they pull these ridiculous numbers from and why they don't get called out on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Do you know what our PSR breach is then? Because I'm pretty sure that hasn't been revealed yet. The '6-15 points' range came from an unknown source cited in the Telegraph - it has not been confirmed anywhere. Whatever we get docked, we should - and will - appeal. 

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

That Telegraph range is pretty hilarious. Might as well have been even safer and said it'll be anywhere between 0 and 40 points.

if it was the Sun or the Express quoting an unnamed source, I’d be very skeptical… I don’t often consider the Telegraph a paper to make things up, even if they do have a  political bias interpretation sometimes..

1 minute ago, MPH said:

if it was the Sun or the Express quoting an unnamed source, I’d be very skeptical… I don’t often consider the Telegraph a paper to make things up, even if they do have a  political bias interpretation sometimes..

sometimes?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

sometimes?

you’re right lol

But not wanting to turn this thread into another political discussion thread!

Edited by MPH