Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Nope

second breach would be in the efl (assuming we do breach)

there is no mechanism for applying an efl breach sanction in the PL

the following season could be another breach applied - that becomes complicated if we’re relegated again and the efl have deferred this seasons sanction 

You are 100% correct at present there isn’t any mechanism for a second breach but after all the shenanigans of last season I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the EFL & PL ( probably would need FA input) do get to a point where IC sanctions do follow the club.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

They can't increase the deduction if we appeal, only reject it. Why is six points the minimum we could get? Forest got four - do you know for a fact that it's impossible for ours to get as low as that?

The problem then is if the league appeal, which they can but irrespective Forest received significant mitigation for the way they  put their hands up and didn’t obstruct the process 

Edited by Terraloon

Is it not two charges we are facing from the PL? One for the PSR breach and one for failing to summit the accounts on time.

If we get deductions for both charges that could be where the range of up to 15 points deduction comes from.

49 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

You are 100% correct at present there isn’t any mechanism for a second breach but after all the shenanigans of last season I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the EFL & PL ( probably would need FA input) do get to a point where IC sanctions do follow the club.

I don’t know the answer but surely closest example in the event of a second breach is Forest? Whom failed with 2 seasons of EFL allowance and 1 of PL loss allowance 

47 minutes ago, 87fox said:

Is it not two charges we are facing from the PL? One for the PSR breach and one for failing to summit the accounts on time.

If we get deductions for both charges that could be where the range of up to 15 points deduction comes from.

Nope.....

7 minutes ago, 87fox said:

The Premier League has today referred Leicester City FC to an independent Commission for an alleged breach of Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSRs) and for failing to submit their audited financial accounts to the League.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3938339

Pretty sure that we took a legal case against them ref the accounts because we weren’t a PL club at the time so didn’t consider we were subject to their rules at the time the accounts were supposed to be submitted.  if we haven’t yet won that I’d expect us to on precedence re the championship accounts rules which we won earlier in the year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

I don’t know the answer but surely closest example in the event of a second breach is Forest? Whom failed with 2 seasons of EFL allowance and 1 of PL loss allowance 

Yes in that the two leagues have a coordinated approach  to allowable sums. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Pretty sure that we took a legal case against them ref the accounts because we weren’t a PL club at the time so didn’t consider we were subject to their rules at the time the accounts were supposed to be submitted.  if we haven’t yet won that I’d expect us to on precedence re the championship accounts rules which we won earlier in the year. 

Fair enough - however as it stands the PL haven't made an updated statement in relation to this so there are still two charges against us from them outstanding.

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I’m way past caring, the whole sport is pretty corrupt anyway. 

Get us back down to the Championship, I don’t think I care enough to get annoyed about the deduction. 

I think i feel much the same. The powers that be seem to have little regard for those of us who support our teams. It’s becoming vile.

1 hour ago, 87fox said:

Fair enough - however as it stands the PL haven't made an updated statement in relation to this so there are still two charges against us from them outstanding.

They are making the rules up as they go along.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Maximum deduction is 9…… how many times does this have to be said? Administration incurs the biggest punishments which is 9 points. We can only get a maximum of 9 points…and we aren’t going into administration…... and if we cooperate with the deciding panel, they can reduce the sentence, as they have done with both Everton and Forest….. The likely outcome will be 8 reduced to 6.

Can you say where you sourced that? As Everton were originally given a 10 points deduction prior to appeal that doesn't seem right does it. 

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can you say where you sourced that? As Everton were originally given a 10 points deduction prior to appeal that doesn't seem right does it. 

I think part of their appeal was pointing out that you get 10 points for administration. It's mad that they even imposed that in the first place really. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shailen said:

The advantage we may have over Everton and Forest is knowing our fate early on. Don't want to wait till gameweek 30 to find out our fate!! 

I think that's a massive disadvantage. Everton could really pile on the siege mentality and think, let's get back the points stolen from us (that they had earned).

In our case we could take a similar stance but there's so much more negativity at the start of the season and we're already behind. Could have a good start to the season and still be bottom which is a hammer blow for confidence. Another reason these deductions aren't fair since they done in such a scattergun approach.

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think this was the Premier League being incompetent and not knowing their own rules again?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I think part of their appeal was pointing out that you get 10 points for administration. It's mad that they even imposed that in the first place really. 

Really! They sound more and more disorganised and make it up as they go along by the minute!

• Like 1