Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'm the premier league, and I make up the rules and regulations as I go. I don't like a team, I will punish you. If you have lots of money, or scary, we will lick you poo shoots 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

nah nah piss off, lets use the sodding loophole then

King Power were ironically paying a lot less than the going rate for sponsoring the stadium for years. Not sure what they pay now. 

9 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

nah nah piss off, lets use the sodding loophole then

Does this even work because chelsea did something similar and are still on that least of teams that need to sell before the end of june?!

19 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Does this even work because chelsea did something similar and are still on that least of teams that need to sell before the end of june?!

They have spent massive amounts of money sacked 3 managers paid compensation for 2 of them. They had a transfer ban that I think would be in their year 3 accounts last time out

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

When exactly are we getting the points deduction?

I would expect us to appeal if its more than 6 points so how long could this drag on for?

I suppose once we are officially moved in to the PL 

On 06/06/2024 at 14:44, WhoGivesAFuchs said:

I think it’s wise to expect that this may be the last season in the prem for some time, points reductions, limits on spending we will be watched like a hawk. 

The inevitable drop to the championship will likely be met with some form of discipline action by the EFL for last season, maybe the transfer embargo comes back into action. 

It’s looking like a slippery road from here on in due to an incompetence from the top down. 

Agreed, I’m expecting two penalties of -15 points this season, a transfer embargo next season, the forced sale of all our goalkeepers and the manager to have to spend the season with a bucket on his head. That’ll teach us.

• Like 1

Yer, good luck with that mate.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/40325886/aston-villa-owner-sue-premier-league-spending-rules

Aston Villa owner Nassef Sawiris has said he is considering taking legal action against the Premier League over its Profit and Sustainability rules (PSR), claiming the financial restrictions "do not make sense."

The regulations stipulate that a club can lose no more than £105 million ($132.54m) over a three-year period.

In an interview with the Financial Times, Sawiris said: "Some of the rules have actually resulted in cementing the status quo more than creating upward mobility and fluidity in the sport.

"The rules do not make sense and are not good for football."

British media reports said Aston Villa had a request to increase the threshold for allowed losses to £135m rejected at the Premier League's AGM last week, with just one other team voting for the motion.

ESPN have reached out to Villa for comment.

"Managing a sports team has become more like being a treasurer or a bean counter rather than looking at what your team needs," Sawiris added.

"It's more about creating paper profits, not real profits. It becomes a financial game, not a sporting game."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yer, good luck with that mate.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/40325886/aston-villa-owner-sue-premier-league-spending-rules

Aston Villa owner Nassef Sawiris has said he is considering taking legal action against the Premier League over its Profit and Sustainability rules (PSR), claiming the financial restrictions "do not make sense."

The regulations stipulate that a club can lose no more than £105 million ($132.54m) over a three-year period.

In an interview with the Financial Times, Sawiris said: "Some of the rules have actually resulted in cementing the status quo more than creating upward mobility and fluidity in the sport.

"The rules do not make sense and are not good for football."

British media reports said Aston Villa had a request to increase the threshold for allowed losses to £135m rejected at the Premier League's AGM last week, with just one other team voting for the motion.

ESPN have reached out to Villa for comment.

"Managing a sports team has become more like being a treasurer or a bean counter rather than looking at what your team needs," Sawiris added.

"It's more about creating paper profits, not real profits. It becomes a financial game, not a sporting game."

APES TOGETHER STRONG. 

• Like 1

On 07/06/2024 at 09:21, whoareyaaa said:

sell the training ground to KP and we are sorted.

We won't do that this year.

Remember we are a "Championship" club for the purposes of this financial year. So this ruling doesn't affect what we can or can't do with this current budget.

Our whole plan regarding this year's budget seems to be to get promoted and never come back. The current rules mean that prem teams can only be punished by the prem if they are IN the prem and same goes for the championship. 

Our pending points deduction judgement is based on our time in the prem. We have already handed over the accounts for this so selling things won't help those numbers.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ts_1010 said:

We won't do that this year.

Remember we are a "Championship" club for the purposes of this financial year. So this ruling doesn't affect what we can or can't do with this current budget.

Our whole plan regarding this year's budget seems to be to get promoted and never come back. The current rules mean that prem teams can only be punished by the prem if they are IN the prem and same goes for the championship. 

Our pending points deduction judgement is based on our time in the prem. We have already handed over the accounts for this so selling things won't help those numbers.

That was assumed to be the case but apparently there's scope for any breach to be passed between the two, it's just up until now it's not happened / actioned.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That was assumed to be the case but apparently there's scope for any breach to be passed between the two, it's just up until now it's not happened / actioned.

Will not happen.

PL will not be interested on acting on the EFL's behalf, what's in it for them other then extra hassle.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Will not happen.

PL will not be interested on acting on the EFL's behalf, what's in it for them other then extra hassle.

I'd always assumed that too but it's not guaranteed and especially is we've pissed them both off.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd always assumed that too but it's not guaranteed and especially is we've pissed them both off.

I think they have more then enough on with Man City and all the PSR PL issues without adding more to it.

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think they have more then enough on with Man City and all the PSR PL issues without adding more to it.

I doubt that. Man city will be figured out in 2135 at this rate lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I doubt that. Man city will be figured out in 2135 at this rate lol

This actually helps our case for the time being.

If the PL can manage to punish teams for breaches that happened in the championship, but not punish 115 charges from their own league then they will look (even more) foolish.

I also don't think they will give us the championship punishment at the same time as the prem one. It will open us up to arguing the number down like Everton did, as the total would likely be over 9.

23 minutes ago, ts_1010 said:

This actually helps our case for the time being.

If the PL can manage to punish teams for breaches that happened in the championship, but not punish 115 charges from their own league then they will look (even more) foolish.

I also don't think they will give us the championship punishment at the same time as the prem one. It will open us up to arguing the number down like Everton did, as the total would likely be over 9.

....Maybe but in 2135 when they give us our points back.....