Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

13 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

We take the hit and only get rid of who we need to. We aren't selling KDH. 

KDH will be gone pretty quickly after the transfer window opens.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

As others have said. He is going to be the first to go as all his sale goes to profit, whereas we are likely to make a loss on any others we sell...

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

He’ll go to a club who will find themselves in the same situation in 12-24 months. The top teams won’t take him, a foreign team can’t afford him, so it’ll be a Brighton, Fulham, Bournemouth etc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Brighton and others probably been in his ear since the window closed.

May not be the reason but could explain his drop-off to some extent. Though I'm not sure I subscribe to the view that he would be downing tools if he's going.

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:
17 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Well at the least, one of you is wrong!

• Haha 1

Just now, Lionator said:

I’d be tempted to sell Mads too if needed. We could easily pick up a decent goalkeeper on the cheap. 

Give the Polish wall a go, can’t be any worse than last time we sold our first choice and gave the back up a go surely lol

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Think it depends on what they're for as you say, but I assume they're the day to day running of the club. King Power is a wealthy business, but isn't neccesarily cash rich. 

For context, here's a specific reason Everton failed FFP:

Everton used loans to pay for the day to day running of the club whilst funding the stadium themselves. The interest on the loans is what made Everton fail FFP. If they had used the loans for the stadium then the interest on them would have been dedcuted and they would have passed the £105m limit.

So 6 points instead of 10 as isn't this one of the technicalities everton were arguing 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Give the Polish wall a go, can’t be any worse than last time we sold our first choice and gave the back up a go surely lol

He’s better than Ward and Iversen that’s for sure

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Surely, this is dependent on which league we are in. If we remain in the championship, yes KDH will need to be sold. I am not so sure , if  that the case if we get promoted?

2 minutes ago, cjslcfc said:

As others have said. He is going to be the first to go as all his sale goes to profit, whereas we are likely to make a loss on any others we sell...

Will be interesting what happens in the first month of the transfer window. Lots of clubs will be looking to shift players by the end of June to count in the 23/24 financial period. 

Chelsea supposedly need to generate £100m in sales in June alone to not fall foul of the rules. So Gallagher, Colwill and Chalobah could all leave as home grown players. 

But the issue is going to be almost all clubs will be doing this in June, so who’s going to buy the players? 

From ourside KDH is the obvious one where we could get £30m of pure profit maybe? Other than that Thomas and Iversen could generate a couple of million again as academy players, or Hamza perhaps? No one else would generate any significant revenue. Especially the ones we would ideally shift due to their amortised value Soumaré, Kristiansen, Souttar

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I’d be tempted to sell Mads too if needed. We could easily pick up a decent goalkeeper on the cheap. 

We have a top notch option with Jakub.

Best thing we can do is get rid of Vardy unfortunately due to his weekly earnings.

Get rid of Kel

Get Rid of Ndidi

Get rid of Ward 

Sell KDH 

And we will just have to rebuild bud just getting those wages off the books would set the club up for success 

Just now, Foxes96 said:

Will be interesting what happens in the first month of the transfer window. Lots of clubs will be looking to shift players by the end of June to count in the 23/24 financial period. 

Chelsea supposedly need to generate £100m in sales in June alone to not fall foul of the rules. So Gallagher, Colwill and Chalobah could all leave as home grown players. 

But the issue is going to be almost all clubs will be doing this in June, so who’s going to buy the players? 

From ourside KDH is the obvious one where we could get £30m of pure profit maybe? Other than that Thomas and Iversen could generate a couple of million again as academy players, or Hamza perhaps? No one else would generate any significant revenue. Especially the ones we would ideally shift due to their amortised value Soumaré, Kristiansen, Souttar

On Chelsea, they're selling Lewis hall to Newcastle for £30m, Gallagher will go for £40m, Broja is on the way out for between £30-50m that's before you think of the likes of Lukaku and the other swarm of loans they have.

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Absolute shambles.

Yes the rules seem like a joke but the fact that, even knowing about the rules, that we're in a position where we have to do this. What a joke.

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

On Chelsea, they're selling Lewis hall to Newcastle for £30m, Gallagher will go for £40m, Broja is on the way out for between £30-50m that's before you think of the likes of Lukaku and the other swarm of loans they have.

Good point forgot Hall was an obligation to buy for this summer. As you say Broja and Gallagher likely to leave as well, so they will probably look to hold onto the likes of Colwill and Reece James as other academy players 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Who is signing these players? 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Who is signing these players? 

Newcastle are signing Hall 

Spurs bid/were very interested in Gallagher 

Lukaku has Italian clubs chasing after him every summer 

I can see Fulham or another mid prem side bidding for Broja 

Just now, Foxes96 said:

Yep this is the main problem.

The players we want to go are most likely to shift for less than the amortised value, or at the very most maybe break even relative to this. Yes this would shift wages and help longer term but also doesn't fill the short term void we need to fill if we are going to fall foul of the rules.

As others have said, if promoted we will be able to source bigger and better sponsorship deals and other forms of income but the impact of this pre-June 24 will be pretty minor. So the only route to fix it is academy player sales - KDH, Iversen, Thomas, Choudhury as you said.

Either way, I doubt we will see any signings pre the end of the financial year for us. Everyone knows the urgency for us to sell so no doubt KDH will go for less than we could sell him for if we weren't hamstrung by PSR time limits.

Even then we are talking about 23/24 here. We could well start the 24/25 Premier League season on minus points based off the period ending 22/23 and then find ourselves with another points deduction in the second half of the season (I'm unsure if the EFL can deduct points up to the PL like the PL can supposedly get the EFL to deduct from us in the Championship if they really wanted and had the time).

All in all, the next year is going to be one hell of a battle. Even more so if we don't get promoted!

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Think it depends on what they're for as you say, but I assume they're the day to day running of the club. King Power is a wealthy business, but isn't neccesarily cash rich. 

For context, here's a specific reason Everton failed FFP:

Everton used loans to pay for the day to day running of the club whilst funding the stadium themselves. The interest on the loans is what made Everton fail FFP. If they had used the loans for the stadium then the interest on them would have been dedcuted and they would have passed the £105m limit.

It comes down to narrative and interpretation, Everton argued they were the PL and argued they were not, part of which I believe was down to the timing of the loans.

As far as I'm aware, you can't deduct Stadium expenses if they are pre-planning permission. I think I read somewhere some Everton loans pre-dated planning permission being granted.

There are so many shades of grey in this which makes it a mess. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

Surely, this is dependent on which league we are in. If we remain in the championship, yes KDH will need to be sold. I am not so sure , if  that the case if we get promoted?

It's been said before, if we go up we will likely need to sell before the reporting period ends before we can recruit in the following reporting window (what caught Forest out with Johnson). KDH will likely go no matter what as he is pure profit regardless what division we are in. 

Problem i have with this approach is that once all the top teams know you have to do this, you will get low balled which just makes the longer term situation worse.  Nothing about these rules solves anything, and you can't even hold on to your blossoming academy prospects.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

It's pretty tight without going down the personal insults route; in my opinion, it could go either way. 

Using The Swiss Ramble data, as he is far better than me, as a starting point for the previous report period ending in 21/22, we were around 1m under FFP limits (See Table 1) * (19/20 and 20/21 are combined and taken as an average due to COVID so its actual a 4 year period rather than 3)   

For the 22/23, the 19/20 accounts drop out, and then I've made some assumptions/guesses about our income and expenditure for 22/23 and I have us going over by 8m (See Table 2)

There are many variables that could nudge us 10m either way, largely down to what we can convince the PL are allowable deductibles.   

All PL clubs must submit their accounts for the 22/23 season by December 31, 2023. The Premier League has charged Everton and Nottingham Forest with breaching its financial rules based on that submission before they have published their official accounts. 

So my question is, why haven't we been charged? Is it because we didn't have to do the December 31, 2023 submission because we are no longer a PL club, or are we ok?

The short answer is nobody knows other than the club and the PL. 

FFP.JPG

That was not a personal insult, I enjoy your posts. It was a joke, I apologise if that's not how you've received it.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Newcastle are signing Hall 

Spurs bid/were very interested in Gallagher 

Lukaku has Italian clubs chasing after him every summer 

I can see Fulham or another mid prem side bidding for Broja 

Apparently Hall may not end up playing the required amount to enforce the purchase.

Agree though that Gallagher will be one of the main candidates for sale. Similarly Broja.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Chelsea won’t get punished if they break the rules, protected species look at Man City and all the delaying tactics there lawyers know more about the rules of the game than any of the football associations in this country, where pissing head wing if we think they will be punished