Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

It’s called profit and sustainability, but the way football has gone with the money available to and pumped in to the top clubs makes the idea of sustainability a joke. It is not sustainable for a club to have to sell at least one top player per year and still fall foul even if their net transfer dealings are a profit. Or, to have to sell their homegrown players in order to meet PSR. 
Financial Sustainability, maybe, but I doubt it.

Football sustainability, not a chance! 
The whole thing is a mess!

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

That wouldn’t help out psr situation unless they were going to pay a fortune for either player 

Yeah but they just do something like Fatawu for £60mill with Omari Hutchison coming our way for half that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

The whole thing is a sack of shit, I hope Man City tear it a new one in court. To be honest they are on the side of clubs like us. You can never hope to compete if you don't make a loss a some point. 

I’m of the same opinion. What other industry limits the amount of investment you want to make? 
During the 70/80’s Liverpool and United had the biggest investors. Whatever system you have some clubs will always have larger incomes. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

That wouldn’t help out psr situation unless they were going to pay a fortune for either player 

I wouldn't be surprised is all I am saying

The whole thing is a joke. They are all rubbing each other’s backs. How is this allowed? 

Problem for us is we start to do this and we lose the 3 youth players we actually might need for the season. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

The whole thing is a joke. They are all rubbing each other’s backs. How is this allowed? 

Problem for us is we start to do this and we lose the 3 youth players we actually might need for the season. 

Poor governance by the Prem pure and simple.......they are afraid of the independent regulator and putting on a show.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Well (I do keep banging on about this), we should be selling our academy products that we need the least:

Iversen

Thomas

Nelson

Brunt

Choudhury

McAteer

Keep:

KDH

Alves

Braybrooke

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Well (I do keep banging on about this), we should be selling our academy products that we need the least:

Iversen

Thomas

Nelson

Brunt

Choudhury

McAteer

Keep:

KDH

Alves

Braybrooke

It's not the same thing though.  They're deliberately inflating the value of players so it doesn't matter who you sell you just need a willing partner to help circumvent the rules. So we could go to Newcastle and sell them Soumare for £40mill and buy Longstaff for £25mill. Massively inflated fees in order to get a big profit in on the books in the immediacy with the inflated purchase you made nicely spread out over a few years.  It's just cheating, and there's no need for it to be youth players in order to do it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

It's not the same thing though.  They're deliberately inflating the value of players so it doesn't matter who you sell you just need a willing partner to help circumvent the rules. So we could go to Newcastle and sell them Soumare for £40mill and buy Longstaff for £25mill. Massively inflated fees in order to get a big profit in on the books in the immediacy with the inflated purchase you made nicely spread out over a few years.  It's just cheating, and there's no need for it to be youth players in order to do it.

The reasons it's youth players is there's absolutely no book value. But your point still stands.

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Yeah I get it. The list is the ones I’d like us to play the same game with

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Agree, but that’s where we are. Lose Nelson or KDH

KDH, because I doubt we would get the kind of fee from Nelson that we would need to not have an issue with PSR so it would be pointless

• Sad 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

The reasons it's youth players is there's absolutely no book value. But your point still stands.

I know, I'm just saying that in order to cheat in that manner we don't need to sacrifice the potential of our youth players, we can off load players we don't want. 

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Yeah I get it. The list is the ones I’d like us to play the same game with

You could play the game with players we really don't want though rather than the developing players.  Although Nelson aside I don't think I'd be arsed seeing any of your list going tbf.

• Like 2

Just now, moore_94 said:

KDH, because I doubt we would get the kind of fee from Nelson that we would need to not have an issue with PSR so it would be pointless

I was hoping to get enough out of my list combined, so that we didn’t need to sell KDH

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

I was hoping to get enough out of my list combined, so that we didn’t need to sell KDH

I would be amazed if we even got anywhere near what we could get for KDH for all of those combined unfortunately

Just now, moore_94 said:

I would be amazed if we even got anywhere near what we could get for KDH for all of those combined unfortunately

But maybe those guys and the money from Enzo and staff may be enough 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

If we get a fellow club to fiddle the system you could do it easily.

Just now, moore_94 said:

If they are going to then I hope they get a shift on, only got 1 week left!

Daka to Bournemouth £50mill!

Faivre to Leicester £35mill!

Laughing!

Shame Bournemouth have no need to do it...