Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

25 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Dewsbury-Hall before bed, then this this morning :nono: what is happening with this club.

IMG_1711.jpeg

Facebook click bait. See all sorts of junk posts from footballinsider for most clubs. Lots of ‘could do’ and ‘maybe’. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I'd be nice if we had a proper trust holding the club accountable so you could ask questions like why the **** did you carry on spending like you did last summer knowing this was coming up

Calculated risk.

The income disparities between the Premier League and Championship are such that it’s not difficult to imagine that the financial calculations of promotion + points deduction is a much better position than being within financial limits but remaining in the Championship. 

The other difficulty in any financial estimates with PSR is that a lot of critical income is sporadic, not guaranteed and dependent on market forces - i.e. transfers.

Forecasting a profit and loss for a normal business is hard enough (and very rarely spot on) without having an income and expenditure stream as wild as transfer fees added to the mix.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

The Premier League and the English Football League (EFL) operate as separate entities, each with its own set of rules and regulations. However, there are mechanisms in place to ensure that sanctions and disciplinary measures imposed by one league can be recognised and enforced by the other, particularly when clubs are promoted or relegated between the leagues.

If a club is sanctioned by the EFL (such as points deductions, fines), and that club is then promoted to the Premier League, the Premier League can choose to honour those sanctions. This cooperation ensures that clubs cannot evade penalties simply by changing leagues. The same principle applies in reverse when a club relegated from the Premier League to the EFL carries any ongoing sanctions with them.

For example, if an EFL club is given a points deduction for financial misconduct and then wins promotion to the Premier League, the Premier League would typically enforce that points deduction in the following season. This collaboration helps maintain the integrity of the English football pyramid and ensures that clubs are held accountable regardless of the league they are in.

I get they can, you real think the PL are bothered about integrity? 

Can you find many examples of when the PL have deducted point on behalf of the EFL? 

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I get they can, you real think the PL are bothered about integrity? 

Can you find many examples of when the PL have deducted point on behalf of the EFL? 

Ours is a very unique situation.
There aren’t any examples, and of the 5 sanctions imposed on EFl Championship clubs none have been promoted during or prior to that period.

15 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Ours is a very unique situation.
There aren’t any examples, and of the 5 sanctions imposed on EFl Championship clubs none have been promoted during or prior to that period.

I just think it is highly unlikely, the PL isn't really bothered by anything that happens outside of their little club.

I think it's very likely to be like the Sheff U-points deduction for the coming season. The Blades broke EFL rules by defaulting on payments to other clubs during their 2022-23 promotion season. Their punishment is waiting for them on their return to the EFL. 

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I just think it is highly unlikely, the PL isn't really bothered by anything that happens outside of their little club.

I think it's very likely to be like the Sheff U-points deduction for the coming season. The Blades broke EFL rules by defaulting on payments to other clubs during their 2022-23 promotion season. Their punishment is waiting for them on their return to the EFL. 

It will either be this or a small deduction on top of the existing charge (Everton's punishment set a precedent on double punishments in one season).  If we have nous, we probably shouldnt even be concerned about it the EFL season now.

21 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

It is indeed but I can only think that a decision was taken at the point of the IC being set up that Sheffield Utd were  going to be relegated in effect meaning that had the PL taken over then any points deduction would be rendered meaningless. Indeed Sheffield’s main case at the IC was all about which league had jurisdiction an argument they didn’t win 

You have to remember that the PL already have charged city with two things Exceeding PSR limits and non submission of accounts those charges will almost certainly be proven as matter of fact. You then have the likely ( not guaranteed) EFL charge which by the sounds of it will depend on what happens over the next two days and that investigation will almost certainly be under PL jurisdiction. 

I keep making the point that all City did when it challenged the EFL initially re the requirement to submit a business plan by 31/12 was kick the can down the road and yes had it submitted one then in all likelihood the transfer embargo would have been in place in January but as we know now no players were bought in in the January window.

Come 31/3/24 that illusive business plan was submitted and yes there was confirmation through arbitration that a sanction handed down by a PL points deduction couldn’t be imposed by the EFL but that realistically could have been settled without referral to a panel that action by City was criticised by the arbiters.

In any sort of relationship in football you have to build up goodwill. Of course you don’t let yourself get walked over but City were always going to have to submit accounts so why make a song and dance about not copying in the PL. Had the PL got then on time there was no way that they could be charged under the enhanced 2023  rules so it really was no more than a pyrrhic victory. 

Even Man United are hiring a lawyer to challenge the rules they helped bring in.

I think scruffy Jim is starting to see what Man City are up against!!

United are trying to sign Todibo from Nice but they are not allowed.

I really hope Man City win in this current case against the PL. Why shouldn’t Villa spend money as they are in the CL? 

This is from a Man City forum and how true it is:

The red cartel plus spurs (ha ha!!) are trying to restrict all investment / trading/ enterprise by any club as they didn’t think of it first.
When the light goes on it appears they start to try and create a route around what they introduced in the first place.
Masters is obviously tongue tied and twisted.. and they all wonder why successful clubs question their motives and new rules…
It’s ****ed.

On 27/06/2024 at 18:28, Gamble92 said:

I'd be nice if we had a proper trust holding the club accountable so you could ask questions like why the **** did you carry on spending like you did last summer knowing this was coming up

Because life for the club would be far worse with a prolonged period in the EFL.

We sold  player assets, spent to replace them with very good replacements and were promoted.

I would much rather the club take this approach and try to remain competitive than just balance the books at all costs, otherwise we could be just like Bolton or Portsmouth and drop down the leagues.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 2

On 28/06/2024 at 06:22, Clarkey123 said:

Dewsbury-Hall before bed, then this this morning :nono: what is happening with this club.

IMG_1711.jpeg

Really don't understand all this shite sensationalism tweeting.

Everton had a double points deduction last season, it's hardly and exclusive if it happens to us.

Edited by trooky

All our problems can be attributed to Rodgers and failing to deliver champions league football twice.

The club backed him with the 8 highest PL wage bill and he ****ed up riding off into the sunset with a massive payout.

Absolute parasite if a man.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

As much as I hate Rodgers, you just cannot blame him for this problem. Why should having the 8th highest wage bill guarantee us top 4.

The only people to blame are Top and Rudkin who ultimately made the financial decisions that got us into this mess

There's no guarantees in football, but Rodgers is more to blame than Top or Rudkin IMO.

Over that period we spent more time in the top 4, yet failed and finished 5th.

With champions league football our finances are a different picture, we can sustain the wage bill, invest etc ...

Rudkin, Top have had to deal with that mess financially and haven't done a good job granted,  but it's impossible for a club of Leicester's size to have contingency plans for that financial hole.

1 hour ago, trooky said:

All our problems can be attributed to Rodgers and failing to deliver champions league football twice.

The club backed him with the 8 highest PL wage bill and he ****ed up riding off into the sunset with a massive payout.

Absolute parasite if a man.

This doesn’t make sense. Why would you expect to finish in the top 4 with the 8th highest wage bill? The football side of the club was exceeding expectations at that point.

• Like 1

On 27/06/2024 at 16:52, trooky said:

Everton had 2 separate points deductions last  season, 8 points in total. 

So why should ours be anymore, we tried to comply with PSR and faced the ultimate punishment with relegation.

Any points deduction for 2021-2022 will be double jeopardy.

In what sense did we try and comply with PSR? We made a £90m loss!

Being relegated wasn’t a punishment for overspending. It was a punishment for being shit. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

PSR transfer merry go round continues 

Gordon was linked to Liverpool, Elanga to Newcastle and Anderson to Forest 

All to avoid point deductions 

Occurs to me that there is an even simpler solution

two clubs with ffp issues decide on a player in the other club that they would swap over for next season. 

Each club sells the player to the other 

buying club has to allocate 20% of the fee into year 1 psr 

selling club receives all the income in year 1 psr 

twelve months later

the same deal happens in the opposite direction. Player not happy so wants to go back is the excuse - there is a buyback clause in place. 

It becomes like a psr loan where the benefit is all up front and the cost spread over five seasons 

the deals don’t have to be excessive away from fair market value 

how can they be challenged ??  Have I missed something ?? 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

In what sense did we try and comply with PSR? We made a £90m loss!

Being relegated wasn’t a punishment for overspending. It was a punishment for being shit. 

By not signing any players in the summer transfer window, the season we got relegated.

We could have signed Lookman and  spent the fortune Rodgers wanted on his squad refresh but didn't because of PSR.

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Occurs to me that there is an even simpler solution

two clubs with ffp issues decide on a player in the other club that they would swap over for next season. 

Each club sells the player to the other 

buying club has to allocate 20% of the fee into year 1 psr 

selling club receives all the income in year 1 psr 

twelve months later

the same deal happens in the opposite direction. Player not happy so wants to go back is the excuse - there is a buyback clause in place. 

It becomes like a psr loan where the benefit is all up front and the cost spread over five seasons 

the deals don’t have to be excessive away from fair market value 

how can they be challenged ??  Have I missed something ?? 

Any chance of you becoming  an advisor or consultant to our DoF 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Haha 1