Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

You can't get them out unless someone actually wants to buy them

For the likes of Soumare, Kristiansen, and Daka it couldn't just be a small fee so we at least get their wages off the books either, we would need an offer for them that at least covers their remaning value (realistically we would need profit to make it worthwhile financially)

I get that we need buyers and that would be the hardest part of all.

Hypothetically, if I gave people the option of selling those 6 players for £4million each (making a massive loss on some of them i know but it's a price where I think they would sell) or selling KDH for £25million (what was reported Brighton was going to pay).

What option would you take?

If the others in the league are going to exploit PSR like this then the club should just start taking the piss entirely

Lewis Brunt to Buriram United for £10m (and immediately sent to Mansfield on a loan-to-buy for £400k)

Iestyn Hughes to Port Authority of Thailand FC for £20m

Paul Appiah to Kanchanaburi Power Football Club for £50m

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lfu said:

If the others in the league are going to exploit PSR like this then the club should just start taking the piss entirely

Lewis Brunt to Buriram United for £10m (and immediately sent to Mansfield on a loan-to-buy for £400k)

Iestyn Hughes to Port Authority of Thailand FC for £20m

Paul Appiah to Kanchanaburi Power Football Club for £50m

Forest and Olympiacos have traded players before. Why can't we do that with Leuven?

4 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

I get that we need buyers and that would be the hardest part of all.

Hypothetically, if I gave people the option of selling those 6 players for £4million each (making a massive loss on some of them i know but it's a price where I think they would sell) or selling KDH for £25million (what was reported Brighton was going to pay).

What option would you take?

Selling those for £4m each would not help us in anyway really with PSR, where as selling KDH for £25m would

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Selling those for £4m each would not help us in anyway really with PSR, where as selling KDH for £25m would

Why though?

I don't understand getting £24mill amd a heap of wages off the books for 6 players or one player for £25mill.

Not being awkward, honestly don't know/understand

8 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Why though?

I don't understand getting £24mill amd a heap of wages off the books for 6 players or one player for £25mill.

Not being awkward, honestly don't know/understand

For example Kristiansen still has around £10m value left on our books - if we sold him for £4m it would go down as a £6m loss

The same would happen with Daka and Soumare

Where as KDH would be all profit as he is home grown

Thomas and Iversen would be all profit but that would be wiped out by the losses we make on the others

Just getting their wages off the books at the moment wouldn't really help, it is mostly all about the transfer fee and how much profit we can make

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

For example Kristiansen still has around £10m value left on our books - if we sold him for £4m it would go down as a £6m loss

The same would happen with Daka and Soumare

Where as KDH would be all profit as he is home grown

Thomas and Iversen would be all profit but that would be wiped out by the losses we make on the others

Just getting their wages off the books at the moment wouldn't really help, it is mostly all about the transfer fee and how much profit we can make

Ahhh I get it. Thanks for explaining

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Not a chance the PL punishes anyone for the player trading.

There is no fair market value regulation in place for transfers and the clubs could turn around and say "Your rules have forced this".

We all know what is happening but nothing can be done.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

6 months and they will change the rules again tho. Optics of selling your homegrown players isn’t good 

We've gone full circle again. 

Went through a spell of everyone buying homegrown for the quota in both prem and European squads.

Now we have everyone selling them to try to avoid fines. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Basically 2 transfer deadlines now.

For PSR and for the actual deadline 

I was thinking this the other day.

I remember last deadline day someone was crying to me about it saying how "FFP has ruined it all, transfer deadline day used to be exciting and something to look forward to"....really? It's a farce, a saga, it's been made into a TV drama.

Cringeworthy.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/06/30/chelsea-sign-kiernan-dewsbury-hall-leicester-city/

After being charged in March, Leicester are under some pressure to raise around £40m before the June 30 deadline.

Dewsbury-Hall’s sale, and the £10m in compensation banked from Chelsea for Maresca and his six back room staff, will provide the club with a major boost in their attempts to avoid further breaches.

59 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

6 months and they will change the rules again tho. Optics of selling your homegrown players isn’t good 

100% they will have to change the rules, you can't preach sustainability and have rules which make it advantageous sell homegrown talent.

I just don't think they can do anything about this summer.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/06/30/chelsea-sign-kiernan-dewsbury-hall-leicester-city/

After being charged in March, Leicester are under some pressure to raise around £40m before the June 30 deadline.

Dewsbury-Hall’s sale, and the £10m in compensation banked from Chelsea for Maresca and his six back room staff, will provide the club with a major boost in their attempts to avoid further breaches.

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

King Power recently sponsored the TH too... not sure where that falls into the finance situation this year or next but that's interesting.

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

King Power recently sponsored the TH too... not sure where that falls into the finance situation this year or next but that's interesting.

TH?

Not sure if I am just being thick but I can't figure out what that is lol