Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

How have we become a club that I’m not really bothered about anymore, used to do anything to go to every game now I’m not bothered if I miss any, you gets some success and it just get crushed or you have to sell players etc. Bored before we’ve even kicked a ball this season.

Edited by dannythefox
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

How have we become a club that I’m not really bothered about anymore, used to do anything to go to ever game now I’m not bothered if I miss any, you get some success and it just get crushed or you have to sell players etc. Bored before we’ve even kicked a ball this season.

My sentiments exactly 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

KPFC fans will be lauding our glorious leaders for avoiding points deductions by selling our best academy product in years. What a low bar we've let it become.

It is utterly depressing but at least we aren't alone in this. Things will change and, if they are good enough, hopefully Alves, Nelson and Braybrooke can become the future.

33 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

So what is the points deduction situation now?  Anyone know??

We’re waiting on legal battle results. 
We’ve sold KDH and Enzo to stop the latest charge being applied, so we all wait to hear how many points we’ll be deducted for 22/23 season issues

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Good. 

Now, with the fresh start from tomorrow, go build a team that can compete. 

This idea needs to be tempered a little.

P&SR rules are over a 3yr rolling period.

I’m pretty sure we still have a year of a very significant loss within our current financial cycle and of course the Championship season’s reduced limit too.

Also - I expect we’re still running at a loss generally.

So yeah, I can’t imagine we’re clear of these difficulties yet.

24 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Wouldn't it be great if this situation forced us into using all these young lads including this Golding lad and they all turned out to be absolute fxxking class!

It's what's happening.  The future is now.  Cooper manager of the season.

I ponder if Cooper’s experience with youth players (Liverpool’s academy, England youth setup) is what focused Leicester on him as the guy they wanted.

That they know in order for this club to grow - it now needs to lean heavier on developing it’s own prospects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

KPFC fans will be lauding our glorious leaders for avoiding points deductions by selling our best academy product in years. What a low bar we've let it become.

We HAVE to do this because of the red cartel and idiots like Jim Radcliffe saying they don't have enough influence. Every non big six club is in a similar position to us and has to sell best plays, whilst the greedy six exist and absolute drivel like PSR exists we and others like Villa, Brighton will be forced to or have our best players poached away by the greedy six.

Yes the owners have made errors.

The real issue here is the incompetence of the EPL, EFL to properly regulate the greedy six, red cartel and create a genuine level playing field based on current sporting merit instead of how great you were in the 90s and if you can leverage unfathomable and unsustainable amounts of debt on the intellectual property. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We HAVE to do this because of the red cartel and idiots like Jim Radcliffe saying they don't have enough influence. Every non big six club is in a similar position to us and has to sell best plays, whilst the greedy six exist and absolute drivel like PSR exists we and others like Villa, Brighton will be forced to or have our best players poached away by the greedy six.

Yes the owners have made errors.

The real issue here is the incompetence of the EPL, EFL to properly regulate the greedy six, red cartel and create a genuine level playing field based on current sporting merit instead of how great you were in the 90s and if you can leverage unfathomable and unsustainable amounts of debt on the intellectual property. 

Every decision that has led to us having to sell KDH to cover our financial mismanagement, has been made by our owner and board. No one else.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Every decision that has led to us having to sell KDH to cover our financial mismanagement, has been made by our owner and board. No one else.

Not entirely if you HAVE to comply with red cartel rules. The owner and board should be able to decide to invest and build a team at a loss if thats what they want to do, you know like the old days when the red cartel could build their reputations by spending far more money than any other club at a loss and how they now have debts of 700 million for example. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I ponder if Cooper’s experience with youth players (Liverpool’s academy, England youth setup) is what focused Leicester on him as the guy they wanted.

That they know in order for this club to grow - it now needs to lean heavier on developing it’s own prospects.

But it is?

And this isn't a slight on the club or powers that be, it's a slight on PSR.

I'll ask the question again, what is sustainable when PSR (Profit and Sustainability Rules) when you're forced to sell player who have comes through your academy? A player who in KDH's case went on record to say he wanted to stay.

The silly contracts we've handed out, the money we've wasted, allowing and giving Rodgers too much power, the keys to the club, refusing to sack him, resulting in our relegation and ultimately the mess we find ourselves in I get. Hang, draw and quarter us, I want someone to take accountability for that, i'm still seething about the situation.

But there is nothing 'sustainable' about clubs being forced to sell academy products, they aren't the problem and it certainly isn't the answer.

Edited by Matt

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

But it is?

And this isn't a slight on the club or powers that be, it's a slight on PSR.

I'll ask the question again, what is sustainable when PSR (Profit and Sustainability Rules) when you're forced to sell player who have comes through your academy? A player who in KDH's case went on record to say he wanted to stay.

The silly contracts we've handed out, the money we've wasted, allowing and giving Rodgers too much power, the keys to the club, refusing to sack him, resulting in our relegation and ultimately the mess we find ourselves in I get. Hang, draw and quarter us, I want someone to take accountability for that, i'm still seething about the situation.

But there is nothing 'sustainable' about clubs being forced to sell academy products, that is neither the problem or the answer.

That's if clubs like the scouse yank red cartel don't steal them from the actual academy by what should be an illegal points deductible practice of tapping up. 

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

There is nothing 'sustainable' about clubs being forced to sell academy products, they aren't the problem and it certainly isn't the answer.

Take P&SR out of things for a moment - there is a long history of clubs throughout  the game that have looked to balance their books through transfer fees.

Indeed, selling a prize playing asset each season was this clubs operating model prior to it trying to sustain a top 6 place and before P&SR were ever really talked about.

Truth is having a go at the regulations doesn’t disguise a simple fact - the clubs base income levels do not match the level of aspiration many fans hold for the club. 

• Like 1