Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

But it is?

And this isn't a slight on the club or powers that be, it's a slight on PSR.

I'll ask the question again, what is sustainable when PSR (Profit and Sustainability Rules) when you're forced to sell player who have comes through your academy? A player who in KDH's case went on record to say he wanted to stay.

The silly contracts we've handed out, the money we've wasted, allowing and giving Rodgers too much power, the keys to the club, refusing to sack him, resulting in our relegation and ultimately the mess we find ourselves in I get. Hang, draw and quarter us, I want someone to take accountability for that, i'm still seething about the situation.

But there is nothing 'sustainable' about clubs being forced to sell academy products, they aren't the problem and it certainly isn't the answer.

The idea is that you are not forced I assume, rather that you plan to sell some, then you recruit and develop.

On 29/06/2024 at 10:17, Swarles Barkley said:

As much as I hate Rodgers, you just cannot blame him for this problem. Why should having the 8th highest wage bill guarantee us top 4.

The only people to blame are Top and Rudkin who ultimately made the financial decisions that got us into this mess

Whole situation was a complete mess.  The guy wanted to rebuild the squad, prepped players for leaving (which obviously included telling them they not wanted), and then had the ownership u turn on him last moment.

After that he under performed as manager to a large extent, but then the ownership failed to sack him rationally until it was too late.  Even with the not great PPG from Smith, it would have been enough if he just had a few more games.

I agree on blaming Top and Rudkin, although I am not sure what financial power Rudkin has, but clearly Rudkin is a poor director of football.  Top is poor at being decisive and doesnt have a "football brain".

The drive also seems gone, no progress on stadium and hotel plans, FFP/PSR is a mask to hide the non investment, I am just waiting for someone to buy out King Power at this point, I feel so detached from the club right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pita said:

We’ve been selling our top players for years cheaply and getting poor players in to replace them. Scouting team and director of football to blame. Just a very poor run club

I want us to sell our academy guys! I want us to get top prices for them. I want that to be our model. As we are not able to jump to consistent top 6-8 finishes without it, at least not until we have external income to supplement our earnings. We do need to improve our scouting, on that I agree.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Pita said:

We’ve been selling our top players for years cheaply and getting poor players in to replace them. Scouting team and director of football to blame. Just a very poor run club

This is where Glover earns his keep. His first full season wasn't too bad. Fatawu being inspired. 

Let's see what he does this season under difficult conditions. Get it right and he'll be hailed as a genius. Even more so if they keep us up/make a massive profit. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, dannythefox said:

How have we become a club that I’m not really bothered about anymore, used to do anything to go to every game now I’m not bothered if I miss any, you gets some success and it just get crushed or you have to sell players etc. Bored before we’ve even kicked a ball this season.

It's football in general now, the games gone to shit.

How can the authorities allow this situation were clubs are forced to sell academy products at cut prices to comply with the accounts under the name of sustainability.

£30 million for KDH with 150 games played  and Kellyman goes for £19 million with 2 games played.

Pure madness.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, trooky said:

It's football in general now, the games gone to shit.

How can the authorities allow this situation were clubs are forced to sell academy products at cut prices to comply with the accounts under the name of sustainability.

£30 million for KDH with 150 games played  and Kellyman goes for £19 million with 2 games played.

Pure madness.

Because they simply don’t want anyone getting close to them. They’ll never be another Leicester city winning the league they’ll make-sure of it and now they’ve got the use of VAR as well, corrupt. That’s why I’m getting bored of it. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Because they simply don’t want anyone getting close to them. They’ll never be another Leicester city winning the league they’ll make-sure of it and now they’ve got the use of VAR as well, corrupt. That’s why I’m getting bored of it. 

Agree 100%

• Haha 1

Looks like we will ‘do a Sheffield Utd’ by having to sell players and go into the season with a weaker squad. The only way ahead looks to be to find some ‘hidden gems’ or buy cheaper young players who may give us a brighter future.

Edited by David Lowe
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, dannythefox said:

How have we become a club that I’m not really bothered about anymore, used to do anything to go to every game now I’m not bothered if I miss any, you gets some success and it just get crushed or you have to sell players etc. Bored before we’ve even kicked a ball this season.

Firstly Rarely post.......but I think there are many of us that feel like this! As a ST holder for more than 30 years I feel detached and un-engaged by the club.

There is no doubt under the stewardship of King Power (and the board) over the years they have been involved we have seen great times and they will last with me forever!

But everything has a shelf life and and I think its time for new investment/ownership/stewardship of the club and a refresh of the board members.

As a fan and business owner I understand that we aren't going to privy to all the goings on in the club but the odd statement from the board ow owners to keep the fanbase appraised of whats going on would be nice, as fans we deserve that don't we??

Whether that's clarification of the new stadium build, points deduction as they understand it (they are obviously fighting behind the scenes) or just an update on the clubs policy of transfers (I know they cant say we have 50m or 200m to spend as that just inflates prices and is harmful to the negotiations of players etc).

Its the mushroom effect - keep us i the dark!!

If we get 10 or more points deducted personally I'd stick 2 fingers up at the EPL and just sign a few players that can compete in the championship next season and if this was explained to fans they would have my 1000% backing and support to do this. And I think we'd get a lot of respect from the wider football community.

I'd rather go to KP and sing and cheer about this and the fact we've been f@%cked over by the EPL, knowing we may lose every game,  than wasting money trying to get our negative points deduction +40 points to be safe.

Rant over

• Like 4

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Am I right In thinking the 3 year cycle is the seasons of 22/23, 23/24 and 24/25?

Just to note the 22/23 season we made a loss of £89.7m, which gives us room of around £16m for last season and this upcoming season. That’s not even including the deduction from the championship.

There's probably £20-30m PSR deductibles from that £89.7m.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

1) Whole situation was a complete mess.  The guy wanted to rebuild the squad, prepped players for leaving (which obviously included telling them they not wanted), and then had the ownership u turn on him last moment.

After that he under performed as manager to a large extent, but then the ownership failed to sack him rationally until it was too late.  Even with the not great PPG from Smith, it would have been enough if he just had a few more games.

I agree on blaming Top and Rudkin, although I am not sure what financial power Rudkin has, but clearly Rudkin is a poor director of football.  Top is poor at being decisive and doesnt have a "football brain".

The drive also seems gone, no progress on stadium and hotel plans, FFP/PSR is a mask to hide the non investment, I am just waiting for someone to buy out King Power at this point, I feel so detached from the club right now.

1) And what players did he want rid of....  I'd wager the ones most wanted gone were ones his recruitment team signed. Whilst we was right, we needed a refresh, he ignores the fact we should have already been 2/3's the way through one, but he bought a load of old s****. 

2) We aren't going to spend loads of money on that whilst already in a bit of a financial hole. In terms of investment, what owners out there do you think are actually investing their own money and not leveraging it agsinst the clubs? Very, very few. In fact KP have spent more than most. The reality is we'd get someone coming in and using the clubs own money to pay off their own debt of buying it... and few will come in to build stadium expansions and complex's. 

Whilst there are certainly question marks over the Top / KP appetite to further pump money into the club, since the death of Vichai. They have turned their debt into equity, which not many do. 

• Like 4

Hells Teeth.. this is dragging on longer than Spurs quest for a trophy!

I really hope we can have some clarity from Football Insider and their expert and former Everton CEO Keith Wyness.  I'm sure they have their finger on the pulse!!

:ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Whilst there are certainly question marks over the Top / KP appetite to further pump money into the club, since the death of Vichai. They have turned their debt into equity, which not many do. 

For clarity - turning the debt into equity is essentially a requirement when going into the upper loss P&SR limit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

As long as KDH’s sale falls under last seasons accounting period, we have made £80m on the departures of Enzo, KDH and Barnes.

I would be shocked if we haven’t complied with PSR regulations based of that alone.

You can add Castanga to that list

• Like 1