Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

20 hours ago, davieG said:

We need to remember that we buy players from clubs where the fans feel exactly like we do when we have to sell ours, we're not top of the pyramid so will lose players but we'll also take players.

It's always been like that from the day the game went professional subsequent laws, competitions, TV, global coverage have just made it worst.

Always amuses me with Fofana especially - Same fans calling him a rat etc for forcing his way out were the ones loving it when he did the same to Saint-Etienne.

Just the circle of life football.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Always amuses me with Fofana especially - Same fans calling him a rat etc for forcing his way out were the ones loving it when he did the same to Saint-Etienne.

Just the circle of life football.

Yeah you don't have to like losing players but you can hardly complain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Yeah you don't have to like losing players but you can hardly complain.

Absolutely.

The Chelsea thing doesn't irk me particularly either. We have fleeced them for Drinkwater, Chilwell and Fofana in my opinion :D Just about made the money back they should have paid us for Kante.

KDH deal seems fair market value, so we'll call it square with them now!

• Like 3

On 04/03/2024 at 15:00, Finnegan said:

I just don't see us making deals like Fatawu and Winks or even Coady and Mavididi if we're that close to the edge, to be honest. 

And KDH definitely would have gone. 

Of course there's always the possibility that accepting our fate, getting promoted and just simply taking a 10 point deduction and thinking it's better than not being in the Prem at all is just... the plan. 

But it's far more likely that the Sun are just taking a bunch of speculation and just filling inches up with it while it's relevant news given Everton and Forest. 

If credible sources start chiming in then okay sure, maybe there's grounds for concern. But it's the ****ing Sun and that article isn't an article, it's not journalism, it's just rumourmongering 

Turns out the sun were right...

On 30/06/2024 at 14:20, Poznan34 said:

I hate this. All to comply with some figure the Prem pulled out of thin air a decade ago. So bleak.

I increasingly think it's all some managed decline. Who even wins at this point?

It cannot be an accident that every single aspect of football is being made rubbish. I think the Premier League is going through managed decline so that people accept the super league.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I increasingly think it's all some managed decline. Who even wins at this point?

It cannot be an accident that every single aspect of football is being made rubbish. I think the Premier League is going through managed decline so that people accept the super league.

Like there trying to make the regular supporters loose interest, certainly working with me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'll accept the super league if the big six **** off, take all their corrupt shit with them, Sky, Thursday Kickoffs, 12:00pm kick offs, Sunday games etc. 

Give football back to the people! There will still be 30k+ turning up at grounds up and down the country, wanting to see their teams win and compete, supporters who couldn't give 2 shits about the Bix 6, more about who is the best team in the Midlands, or Yorkshire or whatever. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 30/06/2024 at 21:06, trooky said:

It's football in general now, the games gone to shit.

How can the authorities allow this situation were clubs are forced to sell academy products at cut prices to comply with the accounts under the name of sustainability.

£30 million for KDH with 150 games played  and Kellyman goes for £19 million with 2 games played.

Pure madness.

Agree with you on Kellyman, but we have only ourselves to blame for being in this situation

Our wage bill ballooned to unsustainable levels because of poor decision-making 

If the club didn’t want PSR they shouldn’t have voted for it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Agree with you on Kellyman, but we have only ourselves to blame for being in this situation

The club did not vote for PSR.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

It's this situation of having a cut  price transfer window before 1st July. The PSR accounts should coincide with the end of the August summer transfer window.

It will stop all this gaming of the rules and exploitation of clubs and academy players.

Edited by trooky

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

All well and good for Leeds but they will need another very big sale for the 24/25 period.

Rutter would’nt cut it. 

Summerville and probably Gnonto will go as well. 

They could struggle to get back up if they have to sell them as well. 

If clubs are being forced into selling off academy prospects to avoid the ridiculous psr rules, where does that leave them in respect to eufa home grown squad quotas?

Obviously, won't massively effect the big clubs who can afford to keep their home grown talent. Another back door way to keep the status quo for the cartel and their mates

• Like 2

https://www.premierleague.com/news/4051235

An independent Commission has dismissed a challenge by Leicester City FC that it has no jurisdiction to consider an alleged breach of Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSRs). 

In March, the Premier League referred the club to the independent Commission for the alleged breach. Leicester City subsequently challenged the Commission’s authority to hear the case.

The alleged breach relates to the PSRs for Season 2022/23, when the club was a member of the Premier League.

Leicester City has appealed the independent Commission’s decision.

very much sounds we are playing the Man City game and trying (not sure how successful this will be!) to keep pushing it down the road. 

Personally if we have (which we have) broken the rules just take the punishment, surely its better to know what we are up against.