Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

No THEY are with their total incoherent incompetence. They've been trying to deal with Man City and Chelsea for 2 years, problem is they don't even know what the so called rules are themselves. Bunch of incompetent corrupt ****wits! 

Correction - they started investigating Manchester City in 2018.

For the period between 2008 and 2018.

It wasn’t until mid 2021 that reporters were even allowed to report on it:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9821853/amp/The-day-Englands-senior-judges-dismantled-Man-Citys-plea-hide-Premier-League-investigation.html

And they didn’t bring the charges until mid 2023; well over a year ago, and the case still hasn’t concluded.

The investigation into Manchester City’s dealings since 2018 still hasn’t even started.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

We have been, and still are, challenging the PL’s right to sanction us. We’ll almost certainly lose this challenge but it will delay proceedings for a bit longer. 

Not necessarily, reading the shower if shit they have written as rules any decent lawyer should be able to rip that apart. Also it might be that whatever Man City do actually helps us, as their angle is basically the rules restrict competition, it's hard to conclude otherwise really. It's a complete shitshow. The argument is you gain sporting advantage by breaking the rules,  but actually the red cartel and Chelsea gain by buying all the best players in the country like a player farm. Teams like Leicester get relegated which has already damaged us. 

The best thing they can do is give Forest and Everton their points back for last year, as it made no difference, and scrap it all. 

I certainly don't think the club should accept it, the rules are crap. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Correction - they started investigating Manchester City in 2018.

For the period between 2008 and 2018.

It wasn’t until mid 2021 that reporters were even allowed to report on it:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9821853/amp/The-day-Englands-senior-judges-dismantled-Man-Citys-plea-hide-Premier-League-investigation.html

And they didn’t bring the charges until mid 2023; well over a year ago, and the case still hasn’t concluded.

The investigation into Manchester City’s dealings since 2018 still hasn’t even started.

Which makes it worse, I'd say we should fight every technicality in this load of shite, drag it out as long as possible. Hopefully Man City rip it a new one. 

• Like 3

We need a Thai TV Network to do a show like the Wrexham one on Netflix, call it say Dilly Ting, Dilly Tong.

Top gives said TV network 50m and the the Network pay the club for the rights to follow the club and broadcast it, 49m per season is a fair figure.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, drew said:

We need a Thai TV Network to do a show like the Wrexham one on Netflix, call it say Dilly Ting, Dilly Tong.

Top gives said TV network 50m and the the Network pay the club for the rights to follow the club and broadcast it, 49m per season is a fair figure.

what’s thai for rock, paper, **** off 

On 12/07/2024 at 12:28, Danizen said:

If we're in the clear for 23/24 and our punishment just pertains to 22/23 as has been speculated, surely we've got some strong mitigation to avoid punishment. We sold an important player for £70m, replaced him for £15m. Let go of one of our most important players ever and didn't replace him because we couldn't afford the wages. 

Also, after an unprecedented period of success for the club where every player and agent worked hard to take the club for everything they had, we were still adjusting to a budget that doesn't include European football money. This isn't an overnight process but no one can look at our dealings and say we had our head in the sand. We were facing it head on.

This careful (some say negligent) lack of investment meant we got relegated, had valuable players leave on a free and others sold for less than their market value. 

Any further punishment would just be egregious.

while Everton flagrantly broke the rules and stayed up at our expenses.

4 hours ago, gazzaa2 said:

while Everton flagrantly broke the rules and stayed up at our expenses.

I'd be more annoyed at that if we didn't have a bunch of absolute charlatans running the club and a disgusting attitude from more than half the squad. If it was some poor side that went down with valiant effort it would be a travesty. Sadly Top, Rudkin, Whelan, Youri, Evans etc all deserved it. I still feel like we'll look back in history as that season that set us back decades. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Was talking to an employee of the club at the weekend…..club anticipating 16 (sixteen) point deduction……don’t shoot me I am the message boy….

Surely some of that will be suspended?..

By what you say, Man City should be demoted to League One.

5 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Was talking to an employee of the club at the weekend…..club anticipating 16 (sixteen) point deduction……don’t shoot me I am the message boy….

What have we done to be given such a high deduction? Threaten to sue the league? Oh yeah. 

The Championship wasn’t so bad. 

16 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Was it 

Filbert Fox – The Origins Of Leicester City's Mascot

• Haha 3

I keep on hearing they are expecting it to be way worse than any other punishment but for them to have said that it can't be worse than Administration then it doesn't make sense.

If it's anything above -10 then quite clearly we need to start building for the Championship again. I just don't see how we'd even have been able to attract Cooper if we said we're expecting anything like that though. He'd have been better off going Burnley. 

24 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

21ccaca1930ea16bf8f575acff94ef22.gif.2fb60172186bdee6c5705d580e826326.gif

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Was our maximum points deduction not 12? 

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

16 points lol

If it was I’d send the players out in clown costumes and fancy dress every match and make a complete mockery of the whole thing. 

Something absurd like that is what's needed to expose the failures of those in charge of the league.

I doubt we'll get our result before Man City which has been going on for ever. It's laughable that if you alledgly break 115 rules they take for ever to penalise them.

That's where Forest and Everton went wrong, They should have refused to accept any findings until they decided on Man City. 

€601m transfer income over the last 10 seasons.

4th highest in England.

No idea how much we’ve spent in comparison (personally I don’t think that much) and I appreciate we’ve handed out ridiculous wages but how we’re failing FFP compared to others who are still chucking money about is ridiculous.

I’ve answered my own question, wages, is ultimately where we’ve failed but we’re not the only ones with a huge wage bill and others are slipping through the net I have no doubt.

Even more so when you note we’ve had a fair few high PL finishes, a Champions League campaign, and a few European campaigns, even with relegation factored in.

We’ve all witnessed what happens when we have players who don’t want to be here happens but you kind of have to beg the question what was the point in all that transfer income.

Neither notion is profitable nor sustainable.

Edited by Matt

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

€601m transfer income over the last 10 seasons.

4th highest in England.

No idea how much we’ve spent in comparison (personally I don’t think that much) and I appreciate we’ve handed out ridiculous wages but how we’re failing FFP compared to others who are still chucking money about is ridiculous.

Even more so when you note we’ve had a fair few high PL finishes, a Champions League campaign, and a few European campaigns, even with relegation factored in.

We’ve all witnessed what happens when we have players who don’t want to be here happens but you kind of have to beg the question what was the point in all that transfer income.

Neither notion is profitable nor sustainable.

Wage bill is the answer you are looking for.