Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Stats like this really really kicks home how stupid we have been 

yep. everyone involved should be turfed for such bad financial mismanagement. does also show that it's basically to impossible to hang with the big boys. 

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

Was talking to an employee of the club at the weekend…..club anticipating 16 (sixteen) point deduction……don’t shoot me I am the message boy….

Would make sense with regards to the underwhelming transfer activity if the club thinks this. What’s the point? 

22 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Wage bill is the answer you are looking for. 

Yes the wage bill has been the problem but it was also the key to doing so well in the first place. You can either gamble with a high wage bill, do well on the field but then suffer when it goes wrong on the field and you are left with players on big wages - or you can never gamble at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, David Lowe said:

Yes the wage bill has been the problem but it was also the key to doing so well in the first place. You can either gamble with a high wage bill, do well on the field but then suffer when it goes wrong on the field and you are left with players on big wages - or you can never gamble at all. 

I have a slight objection to that because we achieve success when our wage bill wasn't at our highest. 

• Like 1

We haven't even had the hearing yet. Everton have lost 8 points across two charges, ours would be double on one.

I think it is only a recommended amount, the commission will ultimately decide. 8 at most, probably.

If it is a 16 point deduction and that is a very big if then that means the breaches have been of catastrophic levels and surely the ownership and senior management can brush that under the carpet and expect to carry on, the atmosphere and already fractured relationship with the fans will be in my opinion irreparable. But 

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

ours would be double on one.

I think it is only a recommended amount, the commission will ultimately decide. 8 at most, probably.

Why would it be double? The points deducted will be based on how much we was over the PSR, we have been compliant with the premier league requests, we might not agree on terminology with the premier league but at least we have been compliant according to what the independent board have said 

5 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Why would it be double? The points deducted will be based on how much we was over the PSR, we have been compliant with the premier league requests, we might not agree on terminology with the premier league but at least we have been compliant according to what the independent board have said 

You took out half my post. The double was based on the comment that we would get a 16 point deduction for one charge whereas Everton had 8 from two charges, therefore very unlikely.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I have a slight objection to that because we achieve success when our wage bill wasn't at our highest. 

Yes we had our big success of winning the league when the wage bill wasn’t so high - but we were suddenly in the Champions League so the wage bill couldn’t stay at that level. 

My concern that we have bought season tickets to compete in the Premier League next season…and if correct then we have bought something other than that…..won’t be popular, 67 years old, supported since 1965, likely wouldn’t waste my time and money x 2 (Mrs )if this does prove to be the case…..time will tell….

8 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Was talking to an employee of the club at the weekend…..club anticipating 16 (sixteen) point deduction……don’t shoot me I am the message boy….

Don't listen to her ... Susan was never good with numbers.. !!!

Edited by gurru991
change

11 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I keep on hearing they are expecting it to be way worse than any other punishment but for them to have said that it can't be worse than Administration then it doesn't make sense.

If it's anything above -10 then quite clearly we need to start building for the Championship again. I just don't see how we'd even have been able to attract Cooper if we said we're expecting anything like that though. He'd have been better off going Burnley. 

because he’s a championship manager who would get a free hit at the prem, without any real pressure :dunno:

• Like 1

I find it very hard to believe that the club expects a -16 point deduction. First, because it would be more than double what any other team has received for a single breach (Everton got eight for two breaches) and would go way beyond what we’d get for going into admin. Second, because the panel hasn’t even been convened yet, so how would anybody know? And third, because such a penalty would destroy the integrity of the PL next season by effectively making it impossible for one team to survive. 

It’s possible the PL is seeking a -16 point penalty and the club knows this. That wouldn’t surprise me at all. Thankfully previous panels have shown they are genuinely independent and have imposed much lower deductions than the PL has asked for. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ashley said:

Was our maximum points deduction not 12? 

12 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

You’d seriously damage the leagues integrity with such a deduction. 

They’d simply be no point in signing new players, just field youth prospects all season 

Luton docked 30pts by the efl for offences by previous owners.

So nothing would surprise me.

16 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Luton docked 30pts by the efl for offences by previous owners.

So nothing would surprise me.

Luton got two penalties - 10 points for transfer irregularities and 20 points for failing to complete a solvency agreement imposed by HMRC. And the 20 point deduction was so harsh because Luton were repeat offenders as they’d gone into insolvency three times in 10 years.

A very different case. 

• Like 1

@Finnegan  Can you tidy up the PSR FFP predictions thread perhaps there's a way of splitting it up based on predicted points ;)

4 pts  likely

6 pts maybe

8 pts that would be harsh

10 pts we should have gone into administration

12 pts WTF

14 pts Send in the Clowns

16 pts Lets drop to the Championship now.

• Haha 4

We are facing two separate charges – one for failing PSR (and our failure is way more significant that Everton's or Forest's), and one for failing to submit our audited accounts. It says it in black and white here from when the charges were announced: https://www.premierleague.com/news/3938339

And in June, John Percy confirmed this was still the case in this article: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/06/03/leicester-frustrated-with-enzo-maresca-jumping-ship-chelsea/

Does anyone know if there is any precedent for punishments for clubs failing to submit audited accounts in the Premier League? I suspect that the punishment for both charges combined is where the PL is getting 16 points from.

However, as @ClaphamFox says, this will be what the PL are pressing for, not necessarily what the commission decides. At that stage we also then have an appeal where it could be reduced further.

14 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Yes but then those players value increases or they leave so you either keep them and pay them more, sell them and try to replace them but the replacements want salaries they other top 6 teams are paying or you decide not to compete. 

I'm glad we at least tried to compete with the big teams for a while. It might not ever happen again for any club.

4 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yes but then those players value increases or they leave so you either keep them and pay them more, sell them and try to replace them but the replacements want salaries they other top 6 teams are paying or you decide not to compete. 

I'm glad we at least tried to compete with the big teams for a while. It might not ever happen again for any club.

You'd be right if we are taking about our best players (and they have a recoverable value) but we were spending (& still are) high wages on squad filler such as Soumare, Praet et al.