Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

We’re not sure about that as no charges for period ending 30 June 24  would be issued until later this year. 

I’d be surprised if 90m from Barnes, kdh, castagne and enzo was quite enough. The breach should not be as high as previous year though. And remember we’re running at allowable 83m rather than 105m. 

certainly the initial deduction would be somewhere between 6 and 10 points which would hopefully be reduced on appeal. There may be a second one in March/April based on last season. 

This is what I'm struggling to compute. If we think we were only £40m shy (before Maresca and KDH departing) for 23/24 compliance after the losses in both 21/22 and 22/23 being huge, then I can't see how the 3 year period up to the end of 22/23 is as vast as some are making out if we could comply for 23/24 if that makes sense?

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is what I'm struggling to compute. If we think we were only £40m shy (before Maresca and KDH departing) for 23/24 compliance after the losses in both 21/22 and 22/23 being huge, then I can't see how the 3 year period up to the end of 22/23 is as vast as some are making out if we could comply for 23/24 if that makes sense?

Our sales (amortised values ) in 23/24 were 90m+. Add to that the large saving in wages and I can see how we may have managed to get close in period ending 23/24 but failed substantially to end June 22/23. 

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Anyone who thinks it's going to be a 10+ PT deduction is living in cloud cuckoo land.

The FA can't give a team a deduction that leaves them thinking, "s*d it, might as well save our money, we're relegated anyway."

It would completely unbalance the league to have one team that might as well give up on day one.

It’s not up to the PL or FA what deduction we get.

Not sure why many assume that whatever punishment is dished out will be reduced on appeal. The Everton initial penalty was ill judged, hence the reduction, but Forests appeal amounted for nothing. It also seemed like there was more of a process and thinking by the time the Forest deduction came round. I assume whatever is handed down will stick, unless we've annoyed them so much that they try and really screw us.

44 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Not sure why many assume that whatever punishment is dished out will be reduced on appeal. The Everton initial penalty was ill judged, hence the reduction, but Forests appeal amounted for nothing. It also seemed like there was more of a process and thinking by the time the Forest deduction came round. I assume whatever is handed down will stick, unless we've annoyed them so much that they try and really screw us.

I hope we've annoyed them so much that they decide to just jack it in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Our sales (amortised values ) in 23/24 were 90m+. Add to that the large saving in wages and I can see how we may have managed to get close in period ending 23/24 but failed substantially to end June 22/23. 

Our sales for 22/23 were £110m and in 23/24 we'd added another £90m loss from the year before to the 3 year cycle (21/22 and 22/23 both being 90m + losses before PSR deductions and the 19/20 year of a much lesser loss dropped off)

By and large this thread is pointless..

Let's not waste time speculating and instead open a new thread as and when the deduction is actually given.

Mods.. please close this thread.. it's not good for our collective mental health

(Other threads are available for comment) :ph34r:

58 minutes ago, ScotFox1 said:

Let's not waste time speculating and instead open a new thread as and when the deduction is actually given.

Mods.. please close this thread.. it's not good for our collective mental health

If you closed every thread when we only had facts, this would be the BBC website.

Edit- waiting for the BBC bashers to correct me, but you get the point.

Edited by VLC86

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

maybe all those players that left on a bosman were on even more than we thought

7 hours ago, ScotFox1 said:

Removing a pointless thread about removing points... weve achieved perpetual thread :yahoo:

I kind of want a huge points deduction and we can blame that for relegation rather than just being shit. 

It will take away any sort of disappointment and pressure away and I think the fans will end up having fun with it

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I do think the deduction will be <10pts but I don't see any chance of us escaping one entirely. 

I think our target is to get to 55 points from 38 games, so we need to average 1.45 points over the season.

Any deduction even at its worst quoted amount still leaves us over that 40 point threshold which typically sees you out of the bottom three. 

That is a major ask but to be honest, I don’t think it’s that unrealistic. We need to maintain the form of a mid table side. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I think our target is to get to 55 points from 38 games, so we need to average 1.45 points over the season.

Any deduction even at its worst quoted amount still leaves us over that 40 point threshold which typically sees you out of the bottom three. 

That is a major ask but to be honest, I don’t think it’s that unrealistic. We need to maintain the form of a mid table side. 

I don'f feel that 50 plus points is out of reach assuming that we bring in a couple of attacking midfielders. 

Everton’s was 8 for two clear breaches in the PL.

Correct me if I’m wrong but we’ve only had one clear breach haven’t we? The other one would involve us being in another division.

Also surely the fact that we were directly impacted by Everton and Forest cheating should play a part?

Ive no doubt the club and its lawyers are highlighting the current player laundering in the league too, allowing Newcastle, Chelsea, Villa, Everton and Forest to avoid further punishment. 

• Like 1