Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

On 31/07/2024 at 16:52, Muzzy_no7 said:

Everton’s was 8 for two clear breaches in the PL.

Correct me if I’m wrong but we’ve only had one clear breach haven’t we? The other one would involve us being in another division.

Also surely the fact that we were directly impacted by Everton and Forest cheating should play a part?

Ive no doubt the club and its lawyers are highlighting the current player laundering in the league too, allowing Newcastle, Chelsea, Villa, Everton and Forest to avoid further punishment. 

I think we've essentially avoided a second charge through the compensation package for Maresca and the sale of KDH.

On 02/08/2024 at 12:11, PaulW said:

Who does decide then?

The independent commission appointed to review our case. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Any idea on when we’ll find out what / when this will be sorted? 

No - no date set for hearing because we keep legally challenging the right of the PL to even charge us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

it’s good thing we got money for maresca because i’m pretty sure he would have walked by now 

He’d definitely be moaning in the press via his mate Guillem wouldn’t he.

Sort of miss it now.

If it has been lingering on this close to the new season, it could be that the club are trying to negotiate a compromise with the Premier League..

Edited by Wymsey

14 hours ago, Wymsey said:

If it has been lingering on this close to the new season, it could be that the club are trying to negotiate a compromise with the Premier League..

I really hope so.

This is having a huge impact on our pre-season, players will be reluctant to join not knowing our situation.

They said we breached ages ago, it’s not within the spirit of the game to drag it out like this. Should have been done and dusted months ago 

Just now, LFEFox23 said:

Not sure why its taking so long, could be a good sign that we actually have an argument against it? 

Could argue that its hampering our ability to strengthen the squad, that their delay is going to cost us more points. 

8 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Could argue that its hampering our ability to strengthen the squad, that their delay is going to cost us more points. 

The cynic in me thinks we'd only buy overpriced garbage anyway.

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I really hope so.

This is having a huge impact on our pre-season, players will be reluctant to join not knowing our situation.

They said we breached ages ago, it’s not within the spirit of the game to drag it out like this. Should have been done and dusted months ago 

Breaking rules isn’t in the spirit of the game either - the board only have themselves to blame here for getting into such a mess

Unless the Premier League will wait until around Christmas/new year and deduct points then.

Everton were deducted points after January time (?)..

Edited by Wymsey