Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

14 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

This is scandalous if true. 

Makes you wonder how many other backhanders have been thrown about 

Have they got the same deal with the league that Ferrari had with the FIA? :P 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

This is scandalous if true. 

Makes you wonder how many other backhanders have been thrown about 

I think that there has to be complete transparency between the clubs regarding  allowed losses. That also refers to losses re infrastructure and academy/womens teams. 

no way will you and I get to see that but having things  nodded through between a club and the PL is going to cause massive problems re perceived fairness amongst the fan bases.  we effectively got relegated because of psr and our attempt to adhere to them.  Everton and forest could have been relegated last season because of their sanctions.   We are likely struggling to secure the players we need to make a fist of staying up because of an expected points deduction. 

unless all the clubs can see what all the other clubs are getting through the system, none of those clubs who haven’t benefited can be comfortable with the system. Because we don’t see  the other 14 clubs voting for better transparency I can only assume that a number of the other 14 have also been the beneficiaries of fairly shady deals with the PL. 

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Apparently all clubs got the same treatment however Man Utd had to make it public and no one else did 🧐

i do wonder if thats true, cos surely some other clubs would have mentioned it too, the other big 5

It works in our favour for the deduction to come late, the mental impact of starting on negative points, playing catch up from the get go, plus a late punishment, they may not want a deduction to trigger a relegation so deliberately set it short and so on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Ours shouldn't be held until after this.

This is potentially significant. If you’re right that our case won’t be heard until this one has concluded (and I suspect you are), that means ours won’t even begin until January at the earliest. 

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is potentially significant. If you’re right that our case won’t be heard until this one has concluded (and I suspect you are), that means ours won’t even begin until January at the earliest. 

They’ll get ours out the way first. They’ll want to get our punishment in first before they let man city get away scot-free. 

• Like 1