Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

They’ll get ours out the way first. They’ll want to get our punishment in first before they let man city get away scot-free. 

If they’re really planning to start Man City’s next month, they won’t time to do ours first.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

I Can't tell if this is a new story, a rehash of old stuff or what. We're just stuffed again

Pretty much expected.  One of the reasons I didnt want us to sell KDH, as ultimately we dont have the means to plug the gap he vacated, better to just take the risk with the rules on it.  But I think KP were more worried about their reputation than our competitiveness.

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Yep I have long said everything should be dealt with in chronological order.

I wonder whether we’ve successfully argued that Man City’s must be held first because the outcome will have a direct impact on our defence - ie, if Man City are found guilty of serious rule breaches in either of the seasons we finished 5th, that would mean we were denied CL money - and ended up breaching PSR - directly as a result of their cheating. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

I Can't tell if this is a new story, a rehash of old stuff or what. We're just stuffed again

PSR-wise we have only reinvested about £5m of the £40m we got for KDH and Enzo haven’t we?

“Not much left” yet about to spend about £10m on loans for Hlozek and Zaha and also offered over £20m for Ioannidis

There is clearly some budget there for us to use

The Athletic said the other day that our budget for the season was £40-£50m but didn’t bother to make a distinction as to whether or not that included the KDH money

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I wonder whether we’ve successfully argued that Man City’s must be held first because the outcome will have a direct impact on our defence - ie, if Man City are found guilty of serious rule breaches in either of the seasons we finished 5th, that would mean we were denied CL money - and ended up breaching PSR - directly as a result of their cheating. 

We'll hear the outcome of ours first because when 115 Charges FC inevitably get found to have done absolutely nothing wrong next year, the Premier League will be hoping we're already the responsibility of the EFL having being dicked with a ten pointer which sealed our fate.  

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

PSR-wise we have only reinvested about £5m of the £40m we got for KDH and Enzo haven’t we?

15-20m on wages for Ndidi and Vestergaards new 3 year contracts when they should have been let go, did the same with Choudhury last season and Reid will be another hinderance we can't shift. We cause our own problems

23 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

15-20m on wages for Ndidi and Vestergaards new 3 year contracts when they should have been let go, did the same with Choudhury last season and Reid will be another hinderance we can't shift. We cause our own problems

Those wages wouldn’t really take anything out of that budget though, and we have actually freed up quite a bit of wages with those who have left

6 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Their financial charges are only up to 2017/18 , so have no bearing on our top 5 finishes. The subsequent charges going beyond 2018 are  for failure to comply with the investigation.

Edited by Tim1974

Ours and Man City’s punishments and situations are very different to say Everton or Forests.

While both of those clubs were undeniable in a relegation battle they should have had enough to stay up, of which they did, quite comfortably in the end.

We are likely to be up against it as it is, at the other end of the spectrum Man City are going to be in a title race. I don’t think they want “blood on their hands” whereby any sanctions to potentially be used to say “it relegated Leicester” or it “cost Man City the title”.

A side note - they’ll never have the bollocks to relegate or even severely punish Man City.

Edited by Matt

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

We can’t. It’s complex. We have the long term leasehold, YMCA have the freehold. Assumed sporting covenant on it as well

Also whats it worth? With planning permission for housing £3-5 million is my guess. It barely touches the sides of football finance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kenny said:

Also whats it worth? With planning permission for housing £3-5 million is my guess. It barely touches the sides of football finance.

Not the easiest site either with differing levels 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Not the easiest site either with differing levels 

Its worth more as a professional training ground to be re-sold to an internal company in PSR terms than a housing sale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kenny said:

They tried to sell in 90s for housing together with YMCA ground plus adjacent  Banks Sports ground. Planning was refused. Main problem was due to amount of houses that could be built the access roads were not considered suitable/ able to cope with increase traffic. 

Just now, Fox forever said:

They tried to sell in 90s for housing together with YMCA ground plus adjacent  Banks Sports ground. Planning was refused. Main problem was due to amount of houses that could be built the access roads were not considered suitable/ able to cope with increase traffic. 

Those are issues that can be resolved.

It's more than football money is in a different league to land near the Saff.  The value of the land would pay vardys wages for a couple of months so it's hardly worth doing.

4 minutes ago, kenny said:

Those are issues that can be resolved.

It's more than football money is in a different league to land near the Saff.  The value of the land would pay vardys wages for a couple of months so it's hardly worth doing.

Vardy should buy it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

“Not much left” yet about to spend about £10m on loans for Hlozek and Zaha and also offered over £20m for Ioannidis

There is clearly some budget there for us to use

The Athletic said the other day that our budget for the season was £40-£50m but didn’t bother to make a distinction as to whether or not that included the KDH money

You forgot the £12m on Okoli