Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

52 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This is from the presser

Are points deductions taking enjoyment out of football?

"It’s so complicated. They tried to explain to me but I stopped them because it was so complicated.

assuming that ‘they’ are those above enzo, it’s clear that the club are speaking about points deductions in house but it seems that it’s complex. 

He'll have had a bit of experience of this at Man City. That's someone playing a dead bat and saying (without saying) "You can ask me about these news stories all you want but I ain't saying anything."

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

screwed in the championship, screwed in the prem.  KDH and Justin to be sold.

Rudkin out 

Article summarises nothing new. 

I will argue that should we have stayed in the Prem we could have lost £105m rather than the £83m for our current situation. 

Interested to know if we'd have been fine if that had happened 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Genuinely what even is the point in going up? 

because the alternative option is genuinely unthinkable! 

One we secure our financial future but go back down. The other our club is hurling towards ruin. 

• Like 4

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Article summarises nothing new. 

I will argue that should we have stayed in the Prem we could have lost £105m rather than the £83m for our current situation. 

Interested to know if we'd have been fine if that had happened 

It does say it’s a big points deduction. If it’s -10 or -12 then how do we even get excited about promotion? 

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

Because pocketing that Prem TV money, even for just one season, is the best way out of this mess we're in. I don't care if we break Derby's record low points total. We need that TV money, desperately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I guess the points deduction will be waiting for us whenever we next go up.

May as well get it out the way and we need the PL revenue even if just for one season. 

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

screwed in the championship, screwed in the prem.  KDH and Justin to be sold.

Rudkin out 

We should absolutely not be subject to any action from the Premier League on financial issues until they have resolved the situation with Manchester City, as those charges are a direct cause of our financial problems. If those 115 charges are proven, the Premier League doesn't have a case against us.

It does say it’s a big points deduction. If it’s -10 or -12 then how do we even get excited about promotion? 

Assume "big" is for the headline. You'd think it'd be -10 at tops, probably mitigated in an appeal to -6 as Everton have shown. 

• Like 1

Imagine it will be 6 like Everton. 10 then appeal. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

because the alternative option is genuinely unthinkable! 

One we secure our financial future but go back down. The other our club is hurling towards ruin. 

Just finding it hard to get excited about promotion when we are almost guaranteed to come straight back down. 

Just finding it hard to get excited about promotion when we are almost guaranteed to come straight back down. 

Not necessarily. 

You can stay up by more than 6 points. 

Jesus being a journalist is an easy job these days. Get someone to write an article, then just reword it (or stick it in an ai generator) and tag them in to it to give them a little credit.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

This is actually at this stage funny.

Last season was a disaster.

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I would like to give it a go, and it may only be 6 points like others are suggesting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Everton’s official line is ‘stadium’ but they clearly overspent on players / wages relative to income and had some interesting accounting - for example their Covid losses claim of £170 million! 

I didn't think infrastructure counted towards ffp/psr?

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

Maybe I'm being way too optimistic, but we can still stay up with a 6 point deduction (I'd be amazed if its any higher than that)

Also remember Everton and Forest likely to start the season on minus too. 

A lot of average teams in the prem bottom half we can easily survive. 

Hopefully it will actually galvanise the fans a little. 

• Like 1

This is what some of you lot needed to wake up to this shit. Tifos and action needed next year. The shit six are being let off far too easy.