Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Leicester hoping for no more than 6 points deducted, yet anyone from Leicester declined to comment. So where’s the info come from? 

6 deducted means we need to target 46 this season, 12 wins and 10 draws, not sure that’s realistic at this point. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

Leicester hoping for no more than 6 points deducted, yet anyone from Leicester declined to comment. So where’s the info come from? 

6 deducted means we need to target 46 this season, 12 wins and 10 draws, not sure that’s realistic at this point. 

You rarely actually need 40 points to stay up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

That was the total including add ons

Also for PSR it would be spread over his 5 year contract so only about £2m a year

I get PSR but I was talking about spend out of that 40-50m budget. 

If our 'strong and realistic defence' is that basically we were shit on the pitch - well I can't see that getting very far.

Reading that I initially thought their grand strategy was to delay the process enough so that the deduction couldn't be imposed this season, do enough to stay up and then swallow the points deduction next season when we had more chance of staying up.

However this doesn't really explain why they hired Cooper instead of springing for a decent manager.

Screenshot_20240813_182610_Chrome.jpg

Edited by ealingfox

4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

If our 'strong and realistic defence' is that basically we were shit on the pitch - well I can't see that getting very far.

Reading that I initially thought their grand strategy was to delay the process enough so that the deduction couldn't be imposed this season, do enough to stay up and then swallow the points deduction next season when we had more chance of staying up.

However this doesn't really explain why they hired Cooper instead of springing for a decent manager.

Screenshot_20240813_182610_Chrome.jpg

There is absolutely nothing about our defence there that is strong. Basically we were unexpectedly shit so let us off please. 😂

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"we didn't think we'd be as shit as we were, it was expensive to sack our manager because of the contract we voluntarily put him on, it's not our fault :( "

It’s literally our defence as well … it’s staggering 

Gotta be more to it than that surely?

"We didn't anticipate getting relegated"?

Might as well have gone with "We didn't anticipate you'd ever bother enforcing the rules".

That might work better.

32 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

You rarely actually need 40 points to stay up. 

yep and this season it looks like the gap in class from the top 12 to the rest is significant. Don’t think we’ll be seeing as many surprises. 

I’m terrified to see us play villa, west ham, wolves, newcastle… which is outragous. 

When we originally went up there were only 6 clubs to be worried about.  

15 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Legally speaking what’s to stop any other club saying they don’t accept any charges until Man City have faced their day? Fairness of competition and all that, if Man City are docked a division then that’s 1 place you don’t have to worry about for relegation, seems perfectly reasonable to me.

That would be a moronic attempt at a defence - and would be laughed at more than our current reported defence of “we were more shit than we had planned to be.”

There is also absolutely no legal basis where that position could stand up.

Just now, JimJams said:

Gotta be more to it than that surely?

"We didn't anticipate getting relegated"?

Might as well have gone with "We didn't anticipate you'd ever bother enforcing the rules".

That might work better.

Without the Governments threat of the Independent Regulator/Commission this is probably closer to the truth and the reality the Premier League would have gone down.

I'm all for the need of an Independent Regulator/Commission by the way aslong as it's across the board and transparent, I have huge doubts over that however.

If those our key defences for breach then it’s absolutely fecking embarrassing, how about you sacked Brendan after the Brighton or Spurs thumpings when it was clear to see we were heading for relegation. We sullied and dallied did nothing until it was way too late and then cry about it as though that should be mitigation. 

Top read it once, then read it again and again until it registers the absolute mismanagement of that season and the implications and then make the appropriate decision to remove the executive or executives who failed to act and stop some if not all of this from happening.

• Like 1