Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Legally speaking what’s to stop any other club saying they don’t accept any charges until Man City have faced their day? Fairness of competition and all that, if Man City are docked a division then that’s 1 place you don’t have to worry about for relegation, seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Whilst we clearly cocked this up, until Man City are punished, who broke the rules long before us, then the whole situation is farcical.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

If our 'strong and realistic defence' is that basically we were shit on the pitch - well I can't see that getting very far.

Reading that I initially thought their grand strategy was to delay the process enough so that the deduction couldn't be imposed this season, do enough to stay up and then swallow the points deduction next season when we had more chance of staying up.

However this doesn't really explain why they hired Cooper instead of springing for a decent manager.

Screenshot_20240813_182610_Chrome.jpg

Which particular 'decent manager', that would contemplate coming here,  were you thinking of?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Which particular 'decent manager', that would contemplate coming here,  were you thinking of?

Moyes or Benitez for starters, but I'd have tried Urs Fischer, Rudi Garcia, Niko Kovac and a number of others first.

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

If our 'strong and realistic defence' is that basically we were shit on the pitch - well I can't see that getting very far.

Reading that I initially thought their grand strategy was to delay the process enough so that the deduction couldn't be imposed this season, do enough to stay up and then swallow the points deduction next season when we had more chance of staying up.

However this doesn't really explain why they hired Cooper instead of springing for a decent manager.

Screenshot_20240813_182610_Chrome.jpg

They thought they had a strong realistic chance of staying up and look where that got us lol 

• Haha 2

Interesting comments by Premier League chief executive Richard Masters.

“We want to move to a new system that people have confidence in and can comply with and move away perhaps from normalising asterisks against league tables or long-running regulatory cases.”

As expected having teams docked point isn't a good look for the league and isn't sustainable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Goodness me. What a pitiful defence. Just have the hearing, get the deduction and move on. Delaying this shit will do is no good.

They’d be better arguing that the rules are a restriction of sporting competitiveness and to a degree a restriction of trade.

Currently it’s not been pushed up to the highest court, so if contested, this could drag on into next season if appealed, upon appeal, upon appeal.  

It’s like telling two really rich billionaires, what they can / can’t spend their money on. 

As one has a company that only turns over £1m per year and makes £0, he can only purchased a Ford Fiesta. 

The other turns over £2b and makes £2,0000,000. So he can buy himself a Bentley.

In reality, they’re Billionaires, they can all afford it. The entire rule set isn’t fit for purpose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Moyes or Benitez for starters, but I'd have tried Urs Fischer, Rudi Garcia, Niko Kovac and a number of others first.

It is a cloud hanging over us. 

Would you want to join a business that had publicly acknowledged it was going to have a bit of a grim time!   

12 hours ago, Sly said:

It is a cloud hanging over us. 

Would you want to join a business that had publicly acknowledged it was going to have a bit of a grim time!   

A grim time that is entirely artificial.

Edited by urban.spaceman

15 hours ago, Corky said:

Goodness me. What a pitiful defence. Just have the hearing, get the deduction and move on. Delaying this shit will do is no good.

All this shows how disillusioned our fanbase is with the hierarchy of the club when our fans think we should accept any punishment without a fight or show of unity unlike the supporters of Everton or Forest.

We support Leicester City, and should not be wanting the worst for our team just to spite King Power, Rudkin etc.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The club are always going to fight it, and rightly so they should. 

Regardless of where the blame lies or the nature of the offences, fighting it is the only way you’ll push for a more lenient outcome. 

The club will know they’ve done wrong, but be careful not to believe everything that’s posted in the media, whereas they have an idea of what is going on, that is all it is, and creative licence will enable them to make the situation seem far more drastic than it is. 

To suggest we just take the punishment and get on with it, is poor tactics. Imagine if you as an individual were accused of committing an offence, be it criminal or civil I’d bet no one on this forum would forgo there opportunity to get legal advice and follow it? No matter how feeble the defence maybe you’ll still take the advice and probably follow it. 

To counter an argument doesn’t always mean you’re trying to get off, it may well mean you get a reduced punishment…. Some could sit here saying “there’s no mitigations” but the finer details of the full argument is something we won’t be privy too, and it could well be the difference between an 8 point or 4 point deduction. 

I don’t condone how the club have acted behind the scenes, but I’d be equally disappointed if we didn’t fight it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The club are always going to fight it, and rightly so they should. 

Regardless of where the blame lies or the nature of the offences, fighting it is the only way you’ll push for a more lenient outcome. 

The club will know they’ve done wrong, but be careful not to believe everything that’s posted in the media, whereas they have an idea of what is going on, that is all it is, and creative licence will enable them to make the situation seem far more drastic than it is. 

To suggest we just take the punishment and get on with it, is poor tactics. Imagine if you as an individual were accused of committing an offence, be it criminal or civil I’d bet no one on this forum would forgo there opportunity to get legal advice and follow it? No matter how feeble the defence maybe you’ll still take the advice and probably follow it. 

To counter an argument doesn’t always mean you’re trying to get off, it may well mean you get a reduced punishment…. Some could sit here saying “there’s no mitigations” but the finer details of the full argument is something we won’t be privy too, and it could well be the difference between an 8 point or 4 point deduction. 

I don’t condone how the club have acted behind the scenes, but I’d be equally disappointed if we didn’t fight it.

That wasn’t the case for both Forest and Everton. In the reports by the independent committees, both admitted error and co-operated with the charge/enquiry that was directly cited in both cases why there was a reduction from the initial suggest points deduction 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

That wasn’t the case for both Forest and Everton. In the reports by the independent committees, both admitted error and co-operated with the charge/enquiry that was directly cited in both cases why there was a reduction from the initial suggest points deduction 

Was it not the case, or was it reported to not be the case? 

Complying with the PL isn’t the issue. We will likely comply with the independent committee, but not the PL. the IC will likely want us to provide evidence of our argument, which Forest did do, in the form of Johnson, that was their mitigating circumstance. The media will portray it as going to war with the PL, but it’s not as dramatic as that, we will argue that what the EPL are proposing is unfair and will submit our arguments to the independent committee. They will either agree or disagree….. so it’s no different to any other case, it’s just we made the choice to make a statement last season re legal aid, and that was probably done to fend off the EFL more than anything and it worked.  

Just now, Pliskin said:

Was it not the case, or was it reported to not be the case? 

Complying with the PL isn’t the issue. We will likely comply with the independent committee, but not the PL. the IC will likely want us to provide evidence of our argument, which Forest did do, in the form of Johnson, that was their mitigating circumstance. The media will portray it as going to war with the PL, but it’s not as dramatic as that, we will argue that what the EPL are proposing is unfair and will submit our arguments to the independent committee. They will either agree or disagree….. so it’s no different to any other case, it’s just we made the choice to make a statement last season re legal aid, and that was probably done to fend off the EFL more than anything and it worked.  

I’d say fundamentally the way we’ve tried to frustrate the case will be taken as aggression towards it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I’d say fundamentally the way we’ve tried to frustrate the case will be taken as aggression towards it. 

We’ve been aggressive towards the EPL. But as far as the I/C is concerned as long as we’ve complied with them and provided them with whatever they’ve requested, then that will be fine. I think the point of the fight is to come to an agreement with the EPL and the independent committee, because as some point they may suggest we come to a mutual agreement to save it dragging on for ever, we won’t get away with no deductions but we want to get away with as small a deduction as possible. 

Edited by Pliskin

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We’ve been aggressive towards the EPL. But as far as the I/C is concerned as long as we’ve complied with them and provided them with whatever they’ve requested, then that will be fine. I think the crooks of the fight is to come to an agreement with the EPL and the independent committee, because as some point they may suggest we come to a mutual agreement to save it dragging on for ever, we won’t get away with no deductions but we want to get away with as small a deduction as possible. 

Que?  "crux"?

I’m looking forward to going to the games but my interest in football is at its all time low. PSR this PSR that!! Boring!! Also every team playing the same way now, players including massive stocky fvcks falling over at the slightest  touch and getting a foul from woeful officials. I’m not even going to talk about VAR 😩😩

I don’t particularly care if we went down as long as we have a long term plan, low

wages and young hungry players. We can’t compete in an unfair system so concentrate on youth.

As I said it’s more about the day out for me and hopefully seeing my lads on the pitch competing and giving their all!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trooky said:

All this shows how disillusioned our fanbase is with the hierarchy of the club when our fans think we should accept any punishment without a fight or show of unity unlike the supporters of Everton or Forest.

We support Leicester City, and should not be wanting the worst for our team just to spite King Power, Rudkin etc.....

Let's hope there are stronger arguments during the hearing because the ones in the article were terrible.

I  doubt it will be the club that defines what our defence / mitigation will be that will be the Lawyer. As they've not had any response from the club those reasons are just media made up ones based on their minimal knowledge.

• Like 1