Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

3 hours ago, davieG said:

I  doubt it will be the club that defines what our defence / mitigation will be that will be the Lawyer. As they've not had any response from the club those reasons are just media made up ones based on their minimal knowledge.

100% this. As if the club has told John Percy - or any other journalist - what our case for mitigation is going to be. Only a very small of people will know this, and it’s highly unlikely that any of them talk to the media. 

5 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Both (the commission reports) are quite interesting reads 

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2024/04/08/eef5f482-4d3a-473a-9e38-26f995059377/Premier-League-v-Everton-Decision-FY23.pdf

Everton 

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2024/03/18/6614f2f9-6138-4d13-81c9-671130427c1c/Final-Award-The-Premier-League-and-Nottingham-Forest-745330876.1-.pdf

Nottingham Forest 

The thought of Rudkin giving evidence about transfer dealings (in particular Sensi) is making me laugh now 

Wouldn't be surprised if he's nowhere near any evidence giving.

Have we said who we've appointed to rep us against the IC?

The lawyer/barrister will control this case for us. If they think Rudders or anyone else is a liability for our car they will either push them into the background or coach them prior to giving evidence (probably the first time Rudders will have been part of decent coaching in a long time).

Whilst other may couch this as frustrating the process, I don't view it as that. It's about testing the process at each step, even where precedents may already exist - as one set of questions are answered, it can easily throw up other secondary questions. 

To me, what has been front and centre in all of these cases is that all sides have been on the back foot due to lack of precedents and organisations being able to test each and every avenue before coming to their own individual conclusions.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952haw1gsiv7lk3hdgolu

Edited by blabyboy

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

"Leicester enter the season in poor form, with a growing injury list, and their hands tied on signings. They already face a potential points deduction and have no wish to make matters worse. Yet is this fair? It is hard enough to stay in the Premier League as it is, without being disadvantaged further on entry."

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

"Leicester enter the season in poor form, with a growing injury list, and their hands tied on signings. They already face a potential points deduction and have no wish to make matters worse. Yet is this fair? It is hard enough to stay in the Premier League as it is, without being disadvantaged further on entry."

If it’s Chelsea and ManC being banished with us and Everton fighting it out for the last relegation spot, I could live with that.

Genuinely don’t understand us spending so much time and money on fighting this. We currently don’t appear to be giving the manager a squad to give us a chance of making anywhere near 40 points anyway.

Could spend months trying to save points from being taken from us and forget that without a decent squad, we won’t make those points to begin with. 

1 minute ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Genuinely don’t understand us spending so much time and money on fighting this. We currently don’t appear to be giving the manager a squad to give us a chance of making anywhere near 40 points anyway.

Could spend months trying to save points from being taken from us and forget that without a decent squad, we won’t make those points to begin with. 

Agree. I can't see this lot surpassing 20 points. Give us 10 points deduction now, don't fight it.

Then any hope of staying ups lost. Take the EPL money and the parachute .. blood the youth and come back in 2 years stronger.

At the moment we're a shambles so rather than embarrass ourselves.. take the hit and use it as an excuse 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/03/2024 at 18:14, Babylon said:

Judging by the last panel decision the league had Lionel Hutz defending them, and we had Johnnie Cochran (aware he’s actually dead).

I get the feeling we might have been planning all of this for some time. Going back to extending our accounting period last year.

Yep 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, lcfc81 said:

It is honestly my favourite bit about all this! It was properly premeditated! 😅

Extending the accounting period by a month to allow us to sell Madison in the same season was smart, but in doing so to extend it beyond our stay in the EPL really was genius! 😁 

On 30/07/2024 at 05:45, KFS said:

If I’m DeMarco I’m:

- Showing them this

- Building the case on the fact that our lost income across the years due to missing out on the UCL is down to other cheats

- Claiming that a penalty was paid in dropping down to the championship, because we never actually received a sporting advantage 

Imo we shouldn’t even get a deduction based on all of the above. 

;) 

Can you tell I’ve been living in the land of litigation @The_77 ?

• Haha 1

All part of the master plan

* win the prem

* win the FA Cup

* get relegated 

* ditch Rodgers

* win the championship

* avoid PSR 🤣🤣🤣

anyone know the odds for LCFC to win the league this year ?? 🥳

• Haha 1

Interestingly, if we, or any other club are "down by Christmas" definitely relegated. They could spend effectively unlimited amounts of money on new players. Provided they still get relegated.

As long as you are not a Prem club at the time you are found guilty, you cannot be punished. The rules are a joke.

7 minutes ago, ts_1010 said:

Interestingly, if we, or any other club are "down by Christmas" definitely relegated. They could spend effectively unlimited amounts of money on new players. Provided they still get relegated.

As long as you are not a Prem club at the time you are found guilty, you cannot be punished. The rules are a joke.

Have a little think about this mate. Try keeping those players around in the championship for one and two, you spend all that money and tell a team not to perform?

Very much the right thing happened. We are unrecognisable at the moment, genuinely been set back 5 years by relegation. No one is going to willingly go down “spending unlimited amounts of money”

A counter to your point is that this proves that the prestige and setup of the premier league is essentially priceless to clubs and clubs operating in the modern game need it to survive. Don’t know why we’re not being thanked by Forest and Everton fans for being the martyrs. 

• Like 1

Back to being labelled as cheaters, but people are emotional failing to understanding FFP in itself is unsporting and most definitely not fair play, and in addition we have not been successfully charged, so factually those clubs who have been charged are the ones who would perhaps get that label.

Fair play to getting the charges dropped.

Edited by Chrysalis

43 minutes ago, ts_1010 said:

Yeh your right , But tomorrow morning there's going to be lawyers in the dark  room writing a new rulebook.. this no man's land technicality will go down in history as the Leicester manoeuvre 

Edited by jamfox