Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

The revisionism from those who were blowharding about Everton, Forest and Manchester City is funny. We're in the same boat whichever way you spin it.

@MPH stop logging in on multiple accounts brother lol 

WE ARE NOT THOSE CLUBS

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

screwed in the championship, screwed in the prem.  KDH and Justin to be sold.

Rudkin out 

Anyway to actually read this article without paying? 

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Also remember Everton and Forest likely to start the season on minus too. 

A lot of average teams in the prem bottom half we can easily survive. 

Hopefully it will actually galvanise the fans a little. 

Completely agree with last 2 points (think Forest and Everton will be wrapped up in deductions this season).

If its a 3 year period we are monitored on, does that mean 24/25 will replace our huge loss making 21/22 season and we therefore, may have more financial wiggle room than some on here are fearing?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

the last bit doesn’t make sense. We signed him with a few minutes to go… he was even injured. We knew nobody was leaving by the time we finished the deal 

I think the moves out were also on until the last minute. The club faced the issue of 2 leaving with no time for a replacement.

The transfer window causes real problems with signing players you don't need just in case someone does leave. It also means facing losing your star players with no time to replace them. 

The old system of no window had less issues with over-spending than the current window system.

4 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Completely agree with last 2 points (think Forest and Everton will be wrapped up in deductions this season).

If its a 3 year period we are monitored on, does that mean 24/25 will replace our huge loss making 21/22 season and we therefore, may have more financial wiggle room than some on here are fearing?

If Forest and Everton do lose their points this year likely 1 (as cant see Burnley catching them even with a point deduction)  will be relegated meaning Luton are likely to survive so you expect them to struggle again next year.  

No idea i have given up trying to understand it. I can see mistakes were made, i can see why we didnt buy anyone in a few windows but after that i am clueless. 

The Athletic claim that there is no doubt 'within the game' that we breached the threshold last season and the only dispute now is which league prosecutes the club, with the EFL trying to impose the charges for this season.

However, given how long it takes to formally charge clubs its more likely our case will spill over into next season, where we hope to be back under Premier League jurisdiction. 

Edited by stu

made of rod for their own back here the premier league, if we are deducted points, should be 6 then like everton

and probably points deduction for next season not this

Edited by FrankieADZ

25 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Maybe I'm being way too optimistic, but we can still stay up with a 6 point deduction (I'd be amazed if its any higher than that)

We barely look like a good Championship side at times. I can’t see how we would stay up with a points deduction and a weaker squad.

13 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Genuinely what even is the point of club football anymore?

I am genuinely at this stage. The Premier League refused to deal with Manchester City for 15 years and have the gall to start action against clubs like Leicester WHOSE FINANCIAL SITUATION IS DIRECTLY CAUSED by Manchester City's corruption.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Apparently the argument the club are putting forward is we'll offer to play next season with Danny Ward in goal instead of a points deduction.

Broad agreement across the leagues at this stage.

29 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I didn't think infrastructure counted towards ffp/psr?

It doesn't, but if they put their own money towards the stadium build and took loans to cover day to day running instead then those loans would be counted 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KFS said:

Our circumstances are wildly different. Hope you’re not a lawyer mate lol 

But you were saying  we should be let off because we have won the league and the cup. I know for sure that won’t stand in a court of law!

Edited by MPH

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Apparently the argument the club are putting forward is we'll offer to play next season with Danny Ward in goal instead of a points deduction.

Broad agreement across the leagues at this stage.

Would rather take a 30 point deduction then have ward in goal 

22 minutes ago, KFS said:

@MPH stop logging in on multiple accounts brother lol 

WE ARE NOT THOSE CLUBS

lol

its hard enough to keep up with one account.  But it DOES show that it’s not just me who knows reality :thumbup:

• Haha 1

I've been on business in Brighton today, being reminded by my contact what an amazing well run club he supports. In the meantime, my wife noticed this in the garden:

image.png.be3a9d8d456e1da5bed985606d77b510.png

Even nature is mocking me.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

If it’s -6. They’ll make an example of us. It’ll probably depend what forest get. 

I think it's more likely it'll depend on how much we broke rules by. If it turns out we did, of course.