Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes, I can't see them turning around Everton's second change or Forest in this season.

So they and Forest could start on -6  

I thought Everton’s 2nd charge and Forests have to be finalised this season. So won’t start next season on -6. 

Although nothing stopping them getting another charge part way through next season as well 

19 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s literally nothing new. Just a slight rehash of what we know that we “might” be getting a points deduction. This is British media at its finest cashing a mass frenzy. It’s almost like they want us to **** op now so they can watch us burn. 

We won’t be alone, Forest and Everton will also be starting on minus points. 

potentially Leeds too if they go up, other clubs such as Newcastle and Villa too

Go up and potentially be another Sheffield United but with a points deduction. 

Stay down and potentially be like what Norwich & Watford have been like this season. 

Forced to sell our best players, while we scrape around for free transfers and loans. 

The 2005-2008 version of Leicester City is back on the horizon :frantics:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

How many charges do Man City have going on? Genuine question as can’t remember. Where are there points deductions? Chelsea spent over a billion quid in the last few windows and that’s okay? No deduction lads as you were. Pathetic and turning millions of genuine supporters away from the game. Can’t stand football anymore.

Why do people keep asking where the Man City and Chelsea deductions are? Their cases are still being investigated just as ours is.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, David Lowe said:

Why do people keep asking where the Man City and Chelsea deductions are? Their cases are still being investigated just as ours is.

makes you wonder though, you'd have thought the Chelsea and City ones would have been done first.....but they are darlings of the premier league so of course not

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I am expecting six points to be deducted. Interesting to see how many others are involved, can see this dragging on for years.

I dont know if this is correct but could well be tbf; Villa have brought alot of players in etc and dont seem to get alot for players either, minus Grealish

8 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

makes me wonder if we hadnt had BR in charge would we be in this situation

Rudders, the board, BR have alot to answer for imo

You get the feeling he said get me these players and go against the model a bit and I'll guarantee you Europe. Then even when he didn't get it I'm sure he'd have pointed at the FA Cup and Gucci Belt.

7 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

I dont know if this is correct but could well be tbf; Villa have brought alot of players in etc and dont seem to get alot for players either, minus Grealish

The nonsense is the amount they spent before they sold him, especially in the championship. 3 years they lingered there for as well at a time when fees and wages essentially were less (even moreso in the championship). That'll be the one that annoys me the most

9 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

makes you wonder though, you'd have thought the Chelsea and City ones would have been done first.....but they are darlings of the premier league so of course not

Don't know about Chelsea, but Man City's is huge numbers of different charges, I believe, so is bound to take a while...

22 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

How many charges do Man City have going on? Genuine question as can’t remember. Where are there points deductions? Chelsea spent over a billion quid in the last few windows and that’s okay? No deduction lads as you were. Pathetic and turning millions of genuine supporters away from the game. Can’t stand football anymore.

Man City’s charges are not straightforward over spending 

and they are for things that happened years ago 

so they aren’t subject to the new rules that say charges must be brought the season following the breach

they will have their cases heard eventually 

Chelsea have not failed ffp for 22/23. They will fail 23/24 if they don’t clear £100/120m on profit by 30 June.  They would be punished later next season. 

Edited by st albans fox

1 minute ago, LFEFox23 said:

Where has the money gone, we've had £90m, £80m, £50m, £40m, £35m in transfer fees for players? Parachute payments?

we also bought players over those few years 

more notably, our wage bill was out of control - that’s where the money has gone 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Where has the money gone, we've had £90m, £80m, £50m, £40m, £35m in transfer fees for players? Parachute payments?

Brendan spaffed the lot on lip balm. 

50 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

I thought Everton’s 2nd charge and Forests have to be finalised this season. So won’t start next season on -6. 

Although nothing stopping them getting another charge part way through next season as well 

They haven't got time, if it takes as long as the first Everton charge.

It took 11 months.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Percy is going to have a degree of the “****ems” about him, because he had his sources into the club restricted. So I’d take what he says with a pinch of salt. 

They know **** all in reality. It’s all guesswork.

And why should we be given a more significant deduction when we got relegated? 

Not sure if he got restricted or his source left the club.. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Man City’s charges are not straightforward over spending 

and they are for things that happened years ago 

so they aren’t subject to the new rules that say charges must be brought the season following the breach

they will have their cases heard eventually 

Chelsea have not failed ffp for 22/23. They will fail 23/24 if they don’t clear £100/120m on profit by 30 June.  They would be punished later next season. 

It’s unlikely Man City Chelsea and Villa will feel the 6 point deduction as much as us so I don’t really care about them… we need the bottom half of the table to all be deducted points so we have a chance (if we go up that is) 

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

With Man City then have made it far to complicated going back 11 years, and Man City will fight all the way.

The Chelsea situation is complicated by how the ownership changed.

It took 11 months to sort out Everton who owned up and it was straightforward.

• Like 1

I have a suspicion that several clubs gave early warnings of possible breaches to the PL hence their willingness to reduce Everton’s sanction, otherwise the bar would be set at 10pts and half the league would be starting at -10.

If it transpires that half a dozen clubs get points deducted there will be a class action against the league from those clubs that the rules are not fit for purpose and govt will be forced to step in

14 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I have a suspicion that several clubs gave early warnings of possible breaches to the PL hence their willingness to reduce Everton’s sanction, otherwise the bar would be set at 10pts and half the league would be starting at -10.

If it transpires that half a dozen clubs get points deducted there will be a class action against the league from those clubs that the rules are not fit for purpose and govt will be forced to step in

They weren't willing, they had no choice.

Everton appealed and the independent panel found in their favour, with regards to the punishment being OTT.