Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

The Finanace guy for the period we are in trouble for actually got a move to Newcastle last summer!

So we’re now on the finananance guy?

14 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Why has nobody made the connection with the fact that the current CEO of the EFL, Rick Parry, is a former CEO of the Premier League AND Liverpool, colluded with Liverpool and Man Utd to try and implement Project Big Picture during 2020, which was designed to give the Big Six almost complete control over English football?

Unless the media tells ppl about it they won’t know. Ppl too busy watching Netflix and watching football 😗 

Can bottom half clubs not come together and agree to say bollox to the rules and all start with a points deduction? Kind of makes it meaningless then.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Apparently Forest only going to get a 2-point deduction because 2 of the seasons were outside of the PL... 

They will find it very difficult not to breach again, they'll need to be saved by a rule change.

On 08/03/2024 at 15:11, MPH said:

lol

but we are not reckless for breaking the same rules as them?

Just had to comment and back you up. Can only assume kfs was on the wind up haha

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Daggers said:

So we’re now on the finananance guy?

My point was that if we get punished and the finance guy didn’t go then that sort of says that he didn’t screw up but others ignored his advice. 

the finance guy is responsible for those at the top understanding our financial position. That why we should be looking at him. 

But we won’t find that out because he’s already moved on 

if you had actually messed up to that degree then you’d surely expect to be sacked ???

• Like 1

Another potential conspiracy of mine.

Talk of rule changes;

So are they looking into or at the “lesser” teams, handing out punishments, meanwhile the “bigger” clubs are under investigation with no end date, the powers that be are reducing the punishments (In Everton’s case) in order to not be so heavy handed on the “bigger” clubs and/or are waiting for the rules to change and not punish those clubs at all?

You can’t have a situation where a handful of clubs get punished, then change the rules.

It seems to me an independent review was threatened the Premier League were backed into a corner to do something, they’ve done something but they’re fudging it.

Seems to me an independent review needs to take place more than ever.

Edited by Matt

Guest glasgowfox

Controversial I know but....I don't really care if we get promoted.  I know the championship has shit refs but its less predictable and even though there's some really bad errors, at least you don't have to wait around for VAR to see if you can celebrate a goal or not.  I hate it when Leicester were on sky away to a big team in the premier leage and you had to wait an hour or so to know that Leicester were even playing.

1 minute ago, glasgowfox said:

Controversial I know but....I don't really care if we get promoted.  I know the championship has shit refs but its less predictable and even though there's some really bad errors, at least you don't have to wait around for VAR to see if you can celebrate a goal or not.  I hate it when Leicester were on sky away to a big team in the premier leage and you had to wait an hour or so to know that Leicester were even playing.

You may not care for footballing reasons but you need to care for financial reasons 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Do you like League One? If we don't go up this season, there is probably more chance of us ending up there than the Premier League in the future. 

I think we will go up. But the fact that we are not going to walk the league after all,  and it is likely to bloody close run saddens me. It kind of tells me we probably arent good enough for the PL and without a ton of investment which we might not have, we will be scrapping it out again and the golden days are probably over.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Another potential conspiracy of mine.

Talk of rule changes;

So are they looking into or at the “lesser” teams, handing out punishments, meanwhile the “bigger” clubs are under investigation with no end date, the powers that be are reducing the punishments (In Everton’s case) in order to not be so heavy handed on the “bigger” clubs and/or are waiting for the rules to change and not punish those clubs at all?

You can’t have a situation where a handful of clubs get punished, then change the rules.

not a a conspiracy theory. It’s literally what’s happening. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

It seems to me an independent review was threatened the Premier League were backed into a corner to do something, they’ve done something but they’re fudging it.

Seems to me an independent review needs to take place more than ever.

It’s a government level issue IMO. Leicester MPs need to lead the charge - this isn’t about 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon. This is about Leicester as a city and the wider community. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John12345 said:

I think we will go up. But the fact that we are not going to walk the league after all,  and it is likely to bloody close run saddens me. It kind of tells me we probably arent good enough for the PL and without a ton of investment which we might not have, we will be scrapping it out again and the golden days are probably over.

I've no problem with us going up after a scrap and I've no problem with us staying up next season after a scrap. It's not supposed to be easy! 

The 'golden years' were that. We will be remembering them for a long, long time. They are not coming back for a while yet (if at all!). Unless we have another Kante, Vardy, Mahrez etc etc up our sleeves. 

The leagues are littered with clubs our size. We've played Hull, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday to name a few. We have no right to success. Just to dream those days might come around again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John12345 said:

Burnley walked the league and still aren't good enough for the Premier League.

We're always more likely than not to be scrapping it out. Every now and then we have a good spell, like a fair few clubs outside the greedy rich few. We're fortunate beyond belief that the last one produced both the season to end all seasons and the FA Cup. Better times will be back sometime - maybe sooner, maybe later, who knows? But to think continuing or repeating what we did recently was ever possible was very optimistic!

Guest glasgowfox
3 hours ago, Viva said:

Do you like League One? If we don't go up this season, there is probably more chance of us ending up there than the Premier League in the future. 

I like football and will follow my team whatever league they arecin

6 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

I like football and will follow my team whatever league they arecin

I wasn't questioning whether you will still follow them or not.

Guest glasgowfox
5 minutes ago, Viva said:

I wasn't questioning whether you will still follow them or not.

I don't get your point.  I have stated how I feel.  Maybe I am just trying to soften the blow of failure for myself though....its an opinion which is what this forum should be about.

1 hour ago, Product of 84 said:

I've no problem with us going up after a scrap and I've no problem with us staying up next season after a scrap. It's not supposed to be easy! 

The 'golden years' were that. We will be remembering them for a long, long time. They are not coming back for a while yet (if at all!). Unless we have another Kante, Vardy, Mahrez etc etc up our sleeves. 

The leagues are littered with clubs our size. We've played Hull, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday to name a few. We have no right to success. Just to dream those days might come around again.

You are right! Thank you.

27 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

I don't get your point.  I have stated how I feel.  Maybe I am just trying to soften the blow of failure for myself though....its an opinion which is what this forum should be about.

No need to get mardy about it. You just said you don't care if we get promoted or not. I merely pointed out that not getting promotion probably puts us closer to League One than the Premier League with all the future points deductions, players being sold and further potential punishments etc. 

You are entitled to still prefer that option, but that could be the consequence of not going up this season. 

Guest glasgowfox
23 minutes ago, Viva said:

No need to get mardy about it. You just said you don't care if we get promoted or not. I merely pointed out that not getting promotion probably puts us closer to League One than the Premier League with all the future points deductions, players being sold and further potential punishments etc. 

You are entitled to still prefer that option, but that could be the consequence of not going up this season. 

Mardy!  Oh dear.  Back to school tomorrow and everything will be fine...don't forget your satchel and pe kit.