Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

3 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Mardy!  Oh dear.  Back to school tomorrow and everything will be fine...don't forget your satchel and pe kit.

Do you need help? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

My point was that if we get punished and the finance guy didn’t go then that sort of says that he didn’t screw up but others ignored his advice. 

the finance guy is responsible for those at the top understanding our financial position. That why we should be looking at him. 

But we won’t find that out because he’s already moved on 

if you had actually messed up to that degree then you’d surely expect to be sacked ???

Our ex-FD had nothing to do with this current financial year though that we are also being predicted to be over on.

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If we are changed for 22/23 we would have been in the PL for the whole 3 year period of the breach.

I think any charge which which is lower rather than more points is a good thing for us now 

23 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Why has nobody made the connection with the fact that the current CEO of the EFL, Rick Parry, is a former CEO of the Premier League AND Liverpool, colluded with Liverpool and Man Utd to try and implement Project Big Picture during 2020, which was designed to give the Big Six almost complete control over English football?

Because it doesn't fit everyone's narrative of slagging of Leicester and moaning like fcuk.

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

You may not care for footballing reasons but you need to care for financial reasons 

That’s the awful thing with all of this, the only reason I want to see us get promoted is now due to the finances and nothing.else,  football as I know it has been destroyed and what is replacing it is a mockery. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Our ex-FD had nothing to do with this current financial year though that we are also being predicted to be over on.

I assume we sell kdh and poss JJ (which was always the plan) to stay within limits  

getting promoted being more important than anything else 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I assume we sell kdh and poss JJ (which was always the plan) to stay within limits  

Forgive me if I’m wrong and I’m not an expert on football fiinances or finance laws  but surely if we win the league and get further into the FA cup we won’t be as on course to be as worse off as the say we would be, but I’m sure Kingpowers Lawyers will be looking into the legality of the EFL moving the financial goalposts well into the season and that we were given the green light by an independent commission to say we didn’t need to put forward a business plan as we were in the PL when the rules were drawn up it’s just a case of the EFL puffing out their incompetent chests to pi55 Leicester off another huge reason why we need to get out of this league ?

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe not directly but may be he could have warned the club at the end of the 21/22 season what could lay ahead ?

We had finished 5th the season before but had slipped to 8th and perhaps mentioned the fact that if the slide got a lot worse we would be in deep shite. This may possibly have lead to Brendan not being given the funds he had previously been promised and throwing a complete mardy fit leading directly to our relegation.

Maybe wide of the mark on lots of assumptions here 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong and I’m not an expert on football fiinances or finance laws  but surely if we win the league and get further into the FA cup we won’t be as on course to be as worse off as the say we would be, but I’m sure Kingpowers Lawyers will be looking into the legality of the EFL moving the financial goalposts well into the season and that we were given the green light by an independent commission to say we didn’t need to put forward a business plan as we were in the PL when the rules were drawn up it’s just a case of the EFL puffing out their incompetent chests to pi55 Leicester off another huge reason why we need to get out of this league ?

Winning .the league will deliver minimal income 

the club will have budgeted for expected income from tv etc 

an fa cup semi will bring in couple million quid which is helpful ( but unlikely to win Sunday) 

if they were of the opinion that we needed to deliver a budget then we are going to be significantly over allowed loss.   The only solution to that is player sales pre June 30 (of those which bring 80%+ profit) 

I’m afraid nothing is going to change that 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

sign Fatawu for 17m sell him the next day for 30m probably aswell..

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Winning .the league will deliver minimal income 

the club will have budgeted for expected income from tv etc 

an fa cup semi will bring in couple million quid which is helpful ( but unlikely to win Sunday) 

if they were of the opinion that we needed to deliver a budget then we are going to be significantly over allowed loss.   The only solution to that is player sales pre June 30 (of those which bring 80%+ profit) 

I’m afraid nothing is going to change that 

It has been reported that if we get promoted  while being in breach for the two periods ending 30 June 2023 and 30 June 2024, we won’t face two separate points deductions next season, but rather a points deduction for the 2020-2023 breach and a fine for the 2021-2024 breach. If that‘s the case, is it possible that the club may just decide it isn’t worth trying to avoid the second breach and just take the hit on the fine?

15 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It has been reported that if we get promoted  while being in breach for the two periods ending 30 June 2023 and 30 June 2024, we won’t face two separate points deductions next season, but rather a points deduction for the 2020-2023 breach and a fine for the 2021-2024 breach. If that‘s the case, is it possible that the club may just decide it isn’t worth trying to avoid the second breach and just take the hit on the fine?

Suspect that the authorities won’t be impressed if we make no effort to get below the figure for 23/24 by not making a notable sale in June.  I could see the team finishing third going for us legally if we did that. 

2 hours ago, urban fox said:

When the dust settles and it’s revealed that half the PL have failed to meet the psr targets, there will be a sudden u-turn with them declaring that those targets have been adjusted to allow for inflation and that going forward the rules will be changed.

the authorities are going to need to save face somehow or they will look pretty stupid when so many clubs start the season on negative points and the whole competitiveness of the league is brought into disrepute and questions start being asked about restrictions on trade, monopolies and cartels.

can the clubs petition for a vote of no confidence in the league? What would happen if say six clubs tendered their resignations from the PL and applied to join the EFL (obviously never going to happen but would be fun to see the meltdown)

Fan action is required now. @Foxes_Trust needs to be writing to MPs and Soulsby. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramadaone said:

Is a transfer embargo an EFL or PL sanction ? Or even both ?

Have you heard anything? With all our players out of contract in the summer we’d genuinely be finished before we’d even start 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Who giving us a £5 for JJ.