Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

On 09/03/2024 at 16:02, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I believe that the EFL Championship's vote to implement PSR took place in the summer of 2014, just after we had become a Premier League club.

Didn't we have to pay a fine (or some sort of settlement payment) for breaching the EFL's FFP regulations (as they were in 2013/14) - which allowed a maximum financial loss of £8m in any year?

I think we missed both votes. :(

Someone posted on here the EPL did their vote a year before we got promoted.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 08/03/2024 at 13:12, orangecity23 said:

Encourages the big 6 to raid other clubs academy's as well, as happened to us with Trey Nyoni. Liverpool have previous there, helped themselves to Raheem Sterling from QPR. QPR ended up with an initial 450k, rising to 2 million. Liverpool made 45-50 million selling him to Man City. That 50 million would sure have helped out QPR when they were having financial troubles.

An article on Nyoni has been posted on LeicestershireLive this morning. It's fairly informative except in one important respect - it doesn't say when the tribunal will be taking place:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/no-one-gets-see-it-9140212

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

An article on Nyoni has been posted on LeicestershireLive this morning. It's fairly informative except in one important respect - it doesn't say when the tribunal will be taking place:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/no-one-gets-see-it-9140212

Very good article from Josh.

Also some good insight from Guy Branston, I've wanted to get him on our podcast for a while. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

All politicians will look towards the introduction of the Independent Football Regulator as the method to address any football issues.

Which is exactly what is needed.

Is anybody else slightly nervous that our 2020-2023 breach could significantly exceed Everton's and give the PL the opportunity to throw the book at us? According to reports, there is near-unanimous perception in the game that we've breached for that period, which makes me think that it might be a significant one. John Percy's comment last week that the PL are looking to hit us with a 'heavy' points deduction would seem to back this up.

Am I just being paranoid?!

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Is anybody else slightly nervous that our 2020-2023 breach could significantly exceed Everton's and give the PL the opportunity to throw the book at us? According to reports, there is near-unanimous perception in the game that we've breached for that period, which makes me think that it might be a significant one. John Percy's comment last week that the PL are looking to hit us with a 'heavy' points deduction would seem to back this up.

Will let you know in a few weeks …….

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

No point us worrying about it; just forget about it until something actually happens.

1 minute ago, BertFill said:

No point us worrying about it; just forget about it until something actually happens.

Sound advice - that's clearly the right way to approach it. And anybody who succeeds in just forgetting about it until there's concrete news has my full respect and admiration. It's just a shame I won't be one of them.

On 08/03/2024 at 13:12, orangecity23 said:

Encourages the big 6 to raid other clubs academy's as well, as happened to us with Trey Nyoni. Liverpool have previous there, helped themselves to Raheem Sterling from QPR. QPR ended up with an initial 450k, rising to 2 million. Liverpool made 45-50 million selling him to Man City. That 50 million would sure have helped out QPR when they were having financial troubles.

Simplistic view I know, but why couldn't tribunals say £x plus say 20% of any sell on.  QPR would the have received £450 plus £10m later 

3 hours ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Simplistic view I know, but why couldn't tribunals say £x plus say 20% of any sell on.  QPR would the have received £450 plus £10m later 

Becuase the Rich Six wouldnt like it.

The whole game is geared towards the big six and the gizz fest over the big games, like they are still creaming over that game yesterday 24hrs later. 

The whole purpose of these ridiculous PSR and FFP rules is to protect the big six.

Its time football realised that there is more to football than the big six and without the other teams being competitive in some way the product isnt the best in the world. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Have a listen to our feel good episode last night 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

All politicians will look towards the introduction of the Independent Football Regulator as the method to address any football issues.

And they need to be fully informed of what's actually happening. Everything from the FFP regulations, the behaviour of the "big six", the Premier League's failure to deal with clubs like Manchester City and Chelsea, the TV deal which for UK consumers and clubs is the worst in the world and fuelling this corruption; all the way to the deliberate and targetted constriction of our football club's progress which has directly harmed our community and local economy.

Have you written to any Leicester/Leicestershire MPs to make sure they fully understand our situation? The culture secretary or their shadow? 

I will gladly help do so.

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Will do. Was this broadcast live? I had a look last night but couldn't see anything... 

No mate, we've had some temporary trouble with streaming live on twitter the last 2 weeks. Will get it sorted.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Some great info here for some peole to competely ignore :)

In future @Ric Flair can you cite where all your references are from? Id like dates, who said what and where it was said. Thanks.

Stefan Borson is an absorbing listen but nothing new.

If anyone is interested, below is how the FPP limit changes concerning how many seasons we have spent in each division.

FFP2.JPG

Edited by coolhandfox

25 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

For anyone's info - direct government involvement with football would see UEFA/FIFA strip England out of international tournaments - and probably see the Euro 2028 bid up in smoke. 

Saves Southgate a job though?

• Haha 4