Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

He’d be at City within two years. Right up our street after his failed attempt at Man U under Sir Brexit Jim 

I'm not a flippant season ticket chucker like some but I'd find it hard to support a team managed by him. I think it's the idea that the club could possibly think it was a good idea would put me off the most.

On 10/03/2024 at 10:59, StanSP said:

Apparently Forest only going to get a 2-point deduction because 2 of the seasons were outside of the PL... 

I can believe they didnt massively over breach giving the amount of players they signed. The we must have been paying our players double what everyone else was.

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I can believe they didnt massively over breach giving the amount of players they signed. The we must have been paying our players double what everyone else was.

Argument is that Forest only gained a sporting advantage for one season but that could open up the gates for all sorts of claims.

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Argument is that Forest only gained a sporting advantage for one season but that could open up the gates for all sorts of claims.

Just like VAR, people looking after a multi billion pound industry just havent thought this through, and if our problems were wages when reaching for europe and the £40m deficit, our mistake may have been NOT putting in clauses to reduce those wages based on league position and qualification. 

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah, that very much blurs the lines of the three year rolling period.

What happens if they breach again next season? Another 2 points? 4 points?  

2 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Sky Sports news saying FFP rules changing in the summer ?!?

I think this was always the case, but any charges will be for the period up until mid summer (im not sure the exact date)

14 minutes ago, Holly B said:

So we could fall foul of the old rules , the EFL rules and the new rules ?

Other EFL clubs will see it as karma for early 2000s avoiding admin! 

Prem have also not agreed a deal with the EFL for money to be dispersed across the leagues. 

That was wanted to be sorted sooner than later by the Gov, so can imagine there'll be another meeting soon

What happens if clubs breach this season (as seems likely)? I assume the new rules start for next year's accounting period so still points deductions are possible?

51 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I think this was always the case, but any charges will be for the period up until mid summer (im not sure the exact date)

Sorry - has there been a new development today re: FFP/PSR rules?

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Sorry - has there been a new development today re: FFP/PSR rules?

No - and im a million miles away from being an expert so should just stop commenting on it. A poster said they just found out the rules were due to change in the summer. I thought this was always the case but for future financial periods.

• Like 2