Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Of course clubs voted this in. We’re not in the league to participate and yet will still likely be punished under the old rules. It’s a sure fire way to dock lcfc 10 points and have a rival starting in the relegation zone. 

The yanks wanted a closed shop with no relegation. That’s exactly what they’re getting. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

No - and im a million miles away from being an expert so should just stop commenting on it. A poster said they just found out the rules were due to change in the summer. I thought this was always the case but for future financial periods.

Correct. They are changing it to align with UEFA's FFP rules of 70% of revenue. 

• Like 1

But when Man City get the double relegation - on appeal becoming a single tier relegation, that they're due will that mean an extra team go up or one less come down. Because of course that is going to happen :whistle:

The more the change it, the better case of appeal we have. 

I actually think any charges put to us we can successfully appeal. 

They’ve got to be careful, because they’re literally applying one rule to one team and another to another team. 

They can’t possibly issue lesser punishments to Everton and Forest, when both blatantly failed to comply, when we tried to, and got relegated in the process. 

The people who oversee this are ****ing incompetent ****wit dingleberries. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They’ve got to be careful, because they’re literally applying one rule to one team and another to another team. 

They can’t possibly issue lesser punishments to Everton and Forest, when both blatantly failed to comply, when we tried to, and got relegated in the process. 

Us Everton and Forest will be treated  the same as we all defaulted for the 22/23 season.

If we do get charged.

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

any punishment should be on a level with what Everton got, 6 points.....can imagine the like of Man City and Newcastle getting a slap on the wrist and a "dont do it again" 

at times it feels like one rule for the "so called top 6/7" and other for the rest

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

any punishment should be on a level with what Everton got, 6 points.....can imagine the like of Man City and Newcastle getting a slap on the wrist and a "dont do it again" 

at times it feels like one rule for the "so called top 6/7" and other for the rest

It will be dependent on the level of breach. If we’re significantly above Everton’s, we could get docked more points.

The charges against Man City are much more serious. They will be relegated found guilty, but the process is likely to take years. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

It will be dependent on the level of breach. If we’re significantly above Everton’s, we could get docked more points.

The charges against Man City are much 

more serious. They will be relegated if found guilty, but the process is likely to take years. 

i cant imagine it can be worse than Everton's tbh

as you said tho Man City's will take a number of years; 

as ive said before, expect Villa, Wolves and Chelsea to be looked into as well

The more they change it and the prem clubs kick off about it the more chance we have of getting a lesser punishment. You can’t have a total 105m that was brought in 2013 and still expect that in 2023 inflation has gone through the  roof😵‍💫

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

So under the new rules we would actually be okay?

Possibly, but presumably the new rules would take effect from July. We could have two breaches by then.

4 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

But when Man City get the double relegation - on appeal becoming a single tier relegation, that they're due will that mean an extra team go up or one less come down. Because of course that is going to happen :whistle:

Man C will not get a double relegation or even a single relegation in my mind. They could be given a 40 point deduction & not get relegated.!!

The big clubs rule the roost and the league need them so they will be protected . Another year before a verdict comes down & then another year for the appeal & then a loop hole will magically appear . 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

So under the new rules we would actually be okay?

Yes, we would be, just.

I think this route is better.

Also easier to punish, rather then docking points you reduced the spending cap when any team breaches.

Edited by coolhandfox

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes, we would be, just.

I think this route is better.

Also easier to punish, rather then docking points you reduced the spending cap when any team breaches.

I guess the question here is whether the numbers add up around relegation, ie is it actually possible to drop from 70% of Prem income to 85% of EPL income over one summer?  What happens if you cannot?

13 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Wouldn't shock me. Football's on such flimsy foundations. You only have to remember how quickly everybody was happy to forget the super league scandal ever actually took place.

Its crazy how quick that got brushed under the carpet.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I guess the question here is whether the numbers add up around relegation, ie is it actually possible to drop from 70% of Prem income to 85% of EPL income over one summer?  What happens if you cannot?

Good question, they are still doing on a 3 year period, how much head room you has in your two pervious PL seasons would have an impact.

Edited by coolhandfox

No deal on New Dealpublished at 07:48

07:48

ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpgSimon Stone
BBC Sport

It now looks as though the long-awaited 'New Deal' over EFL funding from the Premier League has been kicked into the long grass.

What was anticipated as a meeting to ratify a six-year deal that would have seen around £900m committed to lower league clubs yesterday ended with an about turn over the order in which the New Deal should be negotiated compared to the Premier League's own financial systems.

That will eventually see a change to the current P&S rules that have seen Everton deducted six points this season and then charged for a second offence, with Nottingham Forest also in the dock.

The Premier League will end up with rules more aligned with UEFA's cost controls, which are based around spending a percentage of turnover.

Meanwhile, the EFL have no deal, which means, as it stands, two-legged EFL Cup semi-finals and FA Cup replays will remain in next season's calendar, even though there is no room for them given the expansion of European competition next season.

28 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Its 70% if in UEFA competition, 85% if not, he corrected himself on a reply to the main post.

So under the new rules if someone qualifies for Europa, CL or whatever, the boost they get wont be as big as in the past as the allowed spending drops.

Edited by Chrysalis

19 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Its 70% if in UEFA competition, 85% if not, he corrected himself on a reply to the main post.

So under the new rules if someone qualifies for Europa, CL or whatever, the boost they get wont be as big as in the past as the allowed spending drops.

That's not going to cause any trouble is it. Dear me. 

19 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I was under the impression that the idea is to get to 70% for everyone but to begin with, the PL will allow 85% for those clubs not in europe (who must hit uefa’s rules of 70%) 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just listened to the BSLB podcast on my commute. I enjoyed hearing Stefan Borson discuss the situation regarding our finances, although a lot of it wasn't exactly good news. My main takeaway from what he said was that nobody, including the key people involved, really has a clue about how this is going to pan out. The rules aren't crystal clear and are therefore subject to a great deal of interpretation. As I see it, this lack of clarity has two main implications: 1) If we breach for 2023/24, EFL has the scope to really go after us if it wants, which it seems that it does; and 2) If the EFL DOES decide to make an example of us, we will have scope to legally them if we feel they've acted unfairly. As Borson put it, if we breach this year, our case won't be a 'vanilla' one. I can see it dragging out for months or even years in the courts.

If - as seems likely - we're in breach for the period ending June 2023, we'll likely have to just suck up the points deduction. I found it tantalizing that Borson said that he could make a 'good guess' at how much we've breached for that period but didn't reveal what it was. I do hope it's no worse than Everton's.

I strongly agreed with what one of the regulars (Jordan?) was saying about the EFL's decision to go public about our refusal to submit to a business plan even though the panel found in our favour. They did not have to do that, and their decision to do so has severely damaged our negotiating position if we have to sell any players before June 30, which of course will make it harder for us to stay within the rules. It's hard to interpret their motives as anything other than pure vindictiveness because they're angry that we dared to challenge them on the business plan issue. They basically had a strop and decided to inflict as much damage on us as they possibly could, which gives us an indication of how they'll behave towards us if we fail to get promoted and find ourselves in breach for the period ending this June.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 4