Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I was under the impression that the idea is to get to 70% for everyone but to begin with, the PL will allow 85% for those clubs not in europe (who must hit uefa’s rules of 70%) 

That's how I read it.

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

That's how I read it.

It would need to be, otherwise its once again a further barrier for anyone outside the greedy 7 because they're worse off for qualifying to Europe and having more games to compete in. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KFS said:

This now more than ever shows the need for a ground and other revenue stream expansions

Makes you wonder why they prioritised the training ground instead of the stadium.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

For anyone's info - direct government involvement with football would see UEFA/FIFA strip England out of international tournaments - and probably see the Euro 2028 bid up in smoke. 

Like voting for Turkeys 

You'd be better mobilise ala the Bundesliga fans have done in recent months. But that won't happen cos not enough people give a fcuk - a good majority of fans attending Saturdays are like theatre going zombies 

Great, so, we have:

a corrupt league run by an authority in collusion with its corrupt clubs, and we can't expect our corrupt government to do anything about it because that might risk the corrupt European governing body, who placated those corrupt clubs who tried to set up their own rival European league in their favour by restructuring their current European league in their favour, because the corrupt European authority might strip the corrupt government and corrupt football association of the right to host a tournament, the host grounds of which were all at the very same corrupt ****ing clubs in the first place.

Stop the world, I want to get off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Just listened to the BSLB podcast on my commute. I enjoyed hearing Stefan Borson discuss the situation regarding our finances, although a lot of it wasn't exactly good news. My main takeaway from what he said was that nobody, including the key people involved, really has a clue about how this is going to pan out. The rules aren't crystal clear and are therefore subject to a great deal of interpretation. As I see it, this lack of clarity has two main implications: 1) If we breach for 2023/24, EFL has the scope to really go after us if it wants, which it seems that it does; and 2) If the EFL DOES decide to make an example of us, we will have scope to legally them if we feel they've acted unfairly. As Borson put it, if we breach this year, our case won't be a 'vanilla' one. I can see it dragging out for months or even years in the courts.

If - as seems likely - we're in breach for the period ending June 2023, we'll likely have to just suck up the points deduction. I found it tantalizing that Borson said that he could make a 'good guess' at how much we've breached for that period but didn't reveal what it was. I do hope it's no worse than Everton's.

I strongly agreed with what one of the regulars (Jordan?) was saying about the EFL's decision to go public about our refusal to submit to a business plan even though the panel found in our favour. They did not have to do that, and their decision to do so has severely damaged our negotiating position if we have to sell any players before June 30, which of course will make it harder for us to stay within the rules. It's hard to interpret their motives as anything other than pure vindictiveness because they're angry that we dared to challenge them on the business plan issue. They basically had a strop and decided to inflict as much damage on us as they possibly could, which gives us an indication of how they'll behave towards us if we fail to get promoted and find ourselves in breach for the period ending this June.

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

No deal on New Dealpublished at 07:48

07:48

ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpgSimon Stone
BBC Sport

It now looks as though the long-awaited 'New Deal' over EFL funding from the Premier League has been kicked into the long grass.

What was anticipated as a meeting to ratify a six-year deal that would have seen around £900m committed to lower league clubs yesterday ended with an about turn over the order in which the New Deal should be negotiated compared to the Premier League's own financial systems.

That will eventually see a change to the current P&S rules that have seen Everton deducted six points this season and then charged for a second offence, with Nottingham Forest also in the dock.

The Premier League will end up with rules more aligned with UEFA's cost controls, which are based around spending a percentage of turnover.

Meanwhile, the EFL have no deal, which means, as it stands, two-legged EFL Cup semi-finals and FA Cup replays will remain in next season's calendar, even though there is no room for them given the expansion of European competition next season.

The EFL's CEO is Rick Parry, a former Premier League and Liverpool CEO, who colluded with Liverpool and Manchester United during the pandemic to try and set up Project Big Picture, which was designed to give the big 6 even more power and money under the guise that more money would "filter down" to the EFL.

The whole thing is a stage managed farce.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Great, so, we have:

a corrupt league run by an authority in collusion with its corrupt clubs, and we can't expect our corrupt government to do anything about it because that might risk the corrupt European governing body, who placated those corrupt clubs who tried to set up their own rival European league in their favour by restructuring their current European league in their favour, because the corrupt European authority might strip the corrupt government and corrupt football association of the right to host a tournament, the host grounds of which were all at the very same corrupt ****ing clubs in the first place.

Point is and sorry this sounds so cutting because it’s demonstrative of 90% of British football fans, if you feel strongly enough to create an impact you have to mobilise in action and disruption. 

Sitting on a forum, screaming into the void of social media, writing letters to MPs isn’t going to do anything. 

Bundesliga supporters have just successfully stopped capital investment into the league by forcibly disrupting the games themselves and getting them halting with stunts like throwing tennis balls on the pitch, remote control cars on the pitch. Anything to put it out to the biggest possible audience. That’s the fans taking direct action. Not waiting on anyone. Just getting out there and making sure as many people know as possible. 

Euro 2028 hosting is pretty damn essential for an economy which has badly struggled. Particularly in the other nations outside of England. Casement Park’s redevelopment in Belfast will be absolutely huge for the city in terms of benefit. 

To aside I’m actually tired of being saying ‘I hate modern football’ yet we are the creators of it. You want to alter modern football, stop the Tv subscriptions. This generation has helped assist football become this beast. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

For some reason the council planning site is down and I can't get on. 

Can anyone if the club put a figure on how much the development of the stadium and area would have been worth to the economy? 

Causing all sorts of issues for me at work this - they got cyber attacked on Thursday in a bad way, their entire system (including phones) are still down.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Makes you wonder why they prioritised the training ground instead of the stadium.

It was deep past planning stages before FFP worries landed on our doorstep

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

I hope we won't be asking that anymore once we see the fees we could get for Nelson, Alves and Braybrooke (after they have given is a few seasons of great service!).  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Point is and sorry this sounds so cutting because it’s demonstrative of 90% of British football fans, if you feel strongly enough to create an impact you have to mobilise in action and disruption. 

Sitting on a forum, screaming into the void of social media, writing letters to MPs isn’t going to do anything. 

Bundesliga supporters have just successfully stopped capital investment into the league by forcibly disrupting the games themselves and getting them halting with stunts like throwing tennis balls on the pitch, remote control cars on the pitch. Anything to put it out to the biggest possible audience. That’s the fans taking direct action. Not waiting on anyone. Just getting out there and making sure as many people know as possible. 

Euro 2028 hosting is pretty damn essential for an economy which has badly struggled. Particularly in the other nations outside of England. Casement Park’s redevelopment in Belfast will be absolutely huge for the city in terms of benefit. 

To aside I’m actually tired of being saying ‘I hate modern football’ yet we are the creators of it. You want to alter modern football, stop the Tv subscriptions. This generation has helped assist football become this beast. 

I agree.. It's just Joe blogs & football fans didn't realize the outside resources effect, and how big that bandwagon became... Plus modern fans seem to love the soap-operas antics around the game, and chasing the  Köder around the pond of clickbait.

The generations are what they are, 

Youngsters who rebel are just building their own generations Status Quo, their want of change produces their own kids rebel forage.. which in trn is part of all of us... Do real fans want change.. 

Does me thinking I am right, means others agree with my common sense. 

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

Because it's the obvious route into getting more money.

The training ground attracts better footballers.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

and i'm sure we can pay lower wages as a consequence of the wonderful working environment ...........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

For a conveyor belt of players to sell which may include losing players like Nyoni earlier than the club would like for £5m in fees.

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

And we've been caught up in having to pay them more as a result, not to mention the sheer increase in the number of staff to not make it look like a ghost town.

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Great, so, we have:

All sounds a little corrupt to me, but I could be wrong. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KFS said:

This now more than ever shows the need for a ground and other revenue stream expansions

Can’t see ground expansion for a long time 

3 minutes ago, Pita said:

Can’t see ground expansion for a long time 

Why? Doesn’t count here but the upside of matchday revenue does…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

The immediate change has hurt us but I don't think anyone could claim we're worse off than we would be at Belvoir Drive.

Building that training ground is one of the best things we've ever done and we'll see the huge rewards in the next 5/10 years.

At the time it was a very ambitious decision and I got it, but there was obvious risks like there are with any significant infrastructure improvements and expansions.

Bottom line is this training ground does not befit a team outside of the Championship, we simply cannot allow ourselves to be exposed to being outside of the PL for more than the occasional season in our short to medium term future. 

We are hopefully going to see the rewards via our academy, the blueprint was to have the best facilities in the country, attract players at youth and senior level and enable them the best opportunity to improve as a result. It requires a bit more than just the facilities and I've been concerned we've not seen the obvious improvements in coaching staff at the academy and senior levels that we visibly see but then again the lower age groups in our academy are extremely well regarded and that's equally as important arguably even more so for academy development. 

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

At the time it was a very ambitious decision and I got it, but there was obvious risks like there are with any significant infrastructure improvements and expansions.

Bottom line is this training ground does not befit a team outside of the Championship, we simply cannot allow ourselves to be exposed to being outside of the PL for more than the occasional season in our short to medium term future. 

We are hopefully going to see the rewards via our academy, the blueprint was to have the best facilities in the country, attract players at youth and senior level and enable them the best opportunity to improve as a result. It requires a bit more than just the facilities and I've been concerned we've not seen the obvious improvements in coaching staff at the academy and senior levels that we visibly see but then again the lower age groups in our academy are extremely well regarded and that's equally as important arguably even more so for academy development. 

clubs in the efl struggle to pay for the costs of operating a stadium. The costs of running seagrave will be hugely significant and i genuinely believe would financially ruin us if we had a sustained period outside of the top flight. 

I think some people think you just build it and that’s that. Maintenance and operational costs required in a place like that must set us back millions. 

It’s like bloody centre parcs

Edited by Lambert09