Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

2 hours ago, KFS said:

Why? Doesn’t count here but the upside of matchday revenue does…

Don’t think king power want to spend the money. Seem like they have lose some interest in Leicester

24 minutes ago, Pita said:

Don’t think king power want to spend the money. Seem like they have lose some interest in Leicester

Where's the evidence of this?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pita said:

Absolute rubbish

King Power can’t spend anything 

Would hardly blame them if they did lose interest due to trying to operate a club with one hand tied behind your back but too date I see no evidence of this whatsoever 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME! 

But how are they going to get the T-Shirt Cannons to fire at the back of the new stand! It's a logistical nightmare.

Edited by Chelmofox

52 minutes ago, Pita said:

They've spent a fortune on the training ground, they want to spend another fortune on a new stand, and they literally can't spend stuff on players without getting the club into no end of bother.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

But how are they going to get the T-Shirt Cannons to fire at the back of the new stand! It's a logistical nightmare.

Fire them from the back of the new stand!

Simple!

28 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Top wrote of 193m in loans owed to KP in February 2023.

Does that sound like a man losing interest.

What did he stand to gain from not writing it off, I wonder? I read it as one of those things where he wasn't likely to actually see any of that money again, and I'm sure I read someone speculating at the time that it could even smooth the path for a sale. Not that that's happened, but even so.

14 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

What did he stand to gain from not writing it off, I wonder? I read it as one of those things where he wasn't likely to actually see any of that money again, and I'm sure I read someone speculating at the time that it could even smooth the path for a sale. Not that that's happened, but even so.

Yes he was highly unlikely to get it back.

However it's help the club, even though we never paid interest on the loans it was accrued and went down as a - figure in the accounts.

Removing the interest payment from the account helps us get near to meeting FFP. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

Really well written piece here, and it is spot on.

Majority of young players have spent time in the EFL to help get them to where they are. Without that, so many of these young promising players are just not given the opportunities to progress as they have 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Basildon Fox said:

So the clubs in potential trouble need to sell so they do not breach.  The other clubs outside the greedy 7 can not afford to buy players in case they breach.  That means a complete stagnant transfer market over the summer except for the greedy 7 who will still be able to pinch any player they want for a reduced fee.

Watch 2-3 Newcastle and the same amount of Chelsea players arrive in Saudi Arabia that will miraculously wipe out any kind of problem for them and away they go again.  The whole thing is falling apart, corruption at its most disgusting and all for a closed shop of greedy clubs in England. There is no competition, no fairness just cheating the system.  If some rich bastard wants to spunk their money on a club then it should be their choice to make.  it is after all how Newcastle, Chelsea and Man City got onto the greedy list in the first place.

It then gets even harder to compete if you manage to shithouse your way into Europe, as you won't be able to sign a player that could make you better under the new proposed rules because it could send you over the wage cap if you go out early. Progression to the later stage of a competition is doubly difficult and so your co-efficient then stays incredibly low. The greedy 7 and the Barcelonas, Madrids etc. then stay at the top table.  No chance for anyone else to ever break into it.

You get relegated and the EFL - the annoying little brother then can't wait to castigate you to show how great they are to the Prem.  All the while the Prem is ****ing over every club in the country by keeping the riches for the greedy bastards and watch Reading, Bury etc. go to the wall.  What a sad, sorry state of affairs football has become.  I have no interest in football anymore outside of Leicester.

This. 

Football is definitely on the way to being completely destroyed. 

The EPL and EFL have signed their death warrants, give it five or so years, and I would be surprised if there isn’t a pro evo style closed league with the worlds “best” teams competing with one another, NFL style. It’s only a matter of time I think. 

20 hours ago, Basildon Fox said:

You get relegated and the EFL - the annoying little brother then can't wait to castigate you to show how great they are to the Prem.  All the while the Prem is ****ing over every club in the country by keeping the riches for the greedy bastards and watch Reading, Bury etc. go to the wall.  What a sad, sorry state of affairs football has become.  I have no interest in football anymore outside of Leicester.

The only thing i can add to this is that the football league is currently  negotiating with the premier league   for a split of TV revenue. a cynic would say that the EFL will do whatever they can to get a larger share of the revenue....

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

On 12/03/2024 at 12:25, Chelmofox said:

I hope we won't be asking that anymore once we see the fees we could get for Nelson, Alves and Braybrooke (after they have given is a few seasons of great service!).  

Pool poached some guy recently? Its in the news a tribunal for him.

15 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Top wrote of 193m in loans owed to KP in February 2023.

Does that sound like a man losing interest.

That isnt new cash bear in mind, it was converting existing money put in.

Where I am really interested is if there is new money coming into the club from them, e.g. a loan from KP interest free instead of another one from the bank.  Also for the stadium work to start.

19 hours ago, Holly B said:

Absolute rubbish

King Power can’t spend anything 

Would hardly blame them if they did lose interest due to trying to operate a club with one hand tied behind your back but too date I see no evidence of this whatsoever 

They can spend on the stadium expansion, which isn't part of FFP. If they were able and willing it would have been moving by now.

However many years later and still no sign of any movement.

Same with safe standing (niche I appreciate but the same rules apply, falls under infrastructure spending so doesn't count towards FFP), the club pleading poverty on that topic too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

I mean, that's clearly what the richest clubs want. They don't want competition from upstart clubs. They don't want revenue sharing with the other premier league teams or the lower divisions. They want to entrench themselves into a position where they hold all the money and power. 

Unfortunately, FFP has played right into their hands. We have made it impossible for teams like Leicester, Brighton, etc. to upset the old money clubs because we can't invest in players (via transfers or wages) on a long term, consistent basis to get to a place where we have consistent access to UEFA revenue streams which would then help offset the cost of those investments. 

The second you have a bad season, you make less revenue which means you have to cut player wages and sell players at below market prices to comply with FFP. Sometimes you can do that and still end up with a points deduction. Either way,  the reduction in player talent and/or points will cause you to finish lower in the table the following season and make less money, which then makes it harder to comply with FFP the following season. You get stuck in a cycle of downsizing to the point where you are battling relegation. If you do get relegated, your wage structure is completely out whack with EFL guidelines, and the cycle continues. The FFP death spiral.

Even if Leicester makes it back to the premier league, we won't have money to spend to ensure our survival, and we might even start the season with negative points. Almost ensuring that we go back down, and make less money in the process.

Spot on, and with that last point, how can the PL/EFL have the cheek to claim the PRS rules are withheld to prevent clubs "going bust" or keeping clubs spending within their means when the punishments can ruin clubs. Charlatans, the lot of them who run our beautiful game!

16 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

the 10 clubs who were against the changes. 

Pathetic that so many of them were down the pyramid in very recent history. 

Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs I think it just comes down to pure greed. I don't understand it at all.

The others are one bad season away from being in a similar position to ourselves. I don't think they are against giving revenue to the EFL per se,  they are just putting a shot across the bows of the EFL as an organisation as a whole. The same ELF who just seem to be circling like vultures over the accounts of any relegated club who showed a little ambition.

No one wants to see rich owners suddenly tiring of their plaything, walking away from clubs with massive debt and seeing them fold but their has to be another way to what we currently have.

The EPL and EFL need to get on the same page here because currently the game is unravelling and the top six are on the way to achieving their super league by stealth.  

I don't know of another country that throws around points deductions like we do.

47 minutes ago, Livid said:

Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs I think it just comes down to pure greed. I don't understand it at all.

The others are one bad season away from being in a similar position to ourselves. I don't think they are against giving revenue to the EFL per se,  they are just putting a shot across the bows of the EFL as an organisation as a whole. The same ELF who just seem to be circling like vultures over the accounts of any relegated club who showed a little ambition.

No one wants to see rich owners suddenly tiring of their plaything, walking away from clubs with massive debt and seeing them fold but their has to be another way to what we currently have.

The EPL and EFL need to get on the same page here because currently the game is unravelling and the top six are on the way to achieving their super league by stealth.  

I don't know of another country that throws around points deductions like we do.

The issue is largely that the owners are mostly in it for the business. To them, why would they agree to make less money on their investment. 

It’s the exact reason we need independent regulators. In what world would Tony the billionaire from Nashville give a damn that Bournemouth were in league 2, years ago. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

I mean, that's clearly what the richest clubs want. They don't want competition from upstart clubs. They don't want revenue sharing with the other premier league teams or the lower divisions. They want to entrench themselves into a position where they hold all the money and power. 

Unfortunately, FFP has played right into their hands. We have made it impossible for teams like Leicester, Brighton, etc. to upset the old money clubs because we can't invest in players (via transfers or wages) on a long term, consistent basis to get to a place where we have consistent access to UEFA revenue streams which would then help offset the cost of those investments. 

The second you have a bad season, you make less revenue which means you have to cut player wages and sell players at below market prices to comply with FFP. Sometimes you can do that and still end up with a points deduction. Either way,  the reduction in player talent and/or points will cause you to finish lower in the table the following season and make less money, which then makes it harder to comply with FFP the following season. You get stuck in a cycle of downsizing to the point where you are battling relegation. If you do get relegated, your wage structure is completely out whack with EFL guidelines, and the cycle continues. The FFP death spiral.

Even if Leicester makes it back to the premier league, we won't have money to spend to ensure our survival, and we might even start the season with negative points. Almost ensuring that we go back down, and make less money in the process.

This is exactly it, the fact clubs actually voted for this is a bit crazy…… surely the financial personnel within the clubs could have just seen how this wasn’t going to work?

But like you’ve eluded to, this whole thing makes no sense, so it’s fine for the super rich clubs to exploit loopholes and escape punishment, but the more modest clubs will get strung up for making mistakes, and the irony of it all is, the bigger clubs just want to piss off and do their own thing.

We worry about our club, but the reality is, since Everton’s deduction, every single club outside of those “big six” are in danger. In fact, I think every modest club will end up being punished, for competing and in some cases surviving.

The whole system is evil, and the collapse of English football is now is likely rather than a possibility. Certainly in the EFL and the worst part is, they don’t give a shit they want to go after teams and punish them, which is ****ing stupid because they will end up with 6 teams left on the league…. Do they actually enjoy doing it? Because if the worst happens and we don’t go up, and get ****ed by the EFL, it leaves our future in the balance…..

“Another club gone” as the EFL chiefs head off into the showers for high fives and bum slaps. ****ing ludicrous. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

That isnt new cash bear in mind, it was converting existing money put in.

Where I am really interested is if there is new money coming into the club from them, e.g. a loan from KP interest free instead of another one from the bank.  Also for the stadium work to start.

Still makes a difference to our FFP position.

We still also have a pull down loan facility with KP in place.