Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Latest edition of the Price of Football Pod has dropped and has a section on City.

Doesn’t really expand much on what @slbsn covered the other day. Raises prospect of other clubs (that aren’t promoted)looking to sue if we get a point deduction ahead of next season.

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

Latest edition of the Price of Football Pod has dropped and has a section on City.

Doesn’t really expand much on what @slbsn covered the other day. Raises prospect of other clubs (that aren’t promoted)looking to sue if we get a point deduction ahead of next season.

I don’t get this either (us included V Everton) but shouldn’t we be sticking together? It’s just another example of how ****ing pathetic modern day football is becoming, clubs turning on one another. The current English football pyramid is as close to evil (in a sporting context) as you can get. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Thanks 1

Take the 10 points. Whinge and whine all season. Get the lawyers involved. Get it reduced to 4 points by Jan 25. League rips up the rule book. We stay up by 5 points relegating Forest. Everyone's a winner! 

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t get this either (is included V Everton) but shouldn’t we be sticking together? It’s just another example of how ****ing pathetic modern day football is becoming, clubs turning on one another. The current English football pyramid is as close to evil (in a sporting context) as you can get. 

Exactly 

14 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

The big 6 are a poison to the whole game, they corrupt everything they touch, they destroy the other clubs through their financial manipulations of the structure and financing of competitions. It's never ending, it's ffp, it's changes to champions league seedings to include all prior success no matter how far ago, it's champions league wildcards, swiss formats. Changes to fa cup gate receipt division, TV "facility payments" for more televised games, even though all Prem games are televised worldwide. It's worldwide Prem payment distribution, that used to be an equal share amongst all 20, but was changed to greater reward finishing position.

TV advertising, constant commercial deals from multinational companies that only reward the big 6. How many times have we had to sit through mason mount sure commercials, or Liverpool Nivea ads when watching a game? Now it's Arsenal women advertising Google phones. In the women's game, man Utd didn't even have a team a few years back, and they've already managed to speed run their league to a big 6 tossfest where everyone else is cannon fodder in record time. Go to a shop and look at all the big 6 shit on sale. Get your Cadburys dairy milk with a Tottenham logo in a supermarket in Leicester, but you'll never see lcfc bars for sale in there. ****ing Cadburys don't even include villa or wolves in their sponsorship, and they are (were) a west midlands company!

So in short, balls to the big 6. Football will never be healthy until they are destroyed. Man Utd should be broken up like Standard Oil were, they are a disgusting, filthy, evil cartel, and it should be socially unacceptable to support them or Liverpool, for companies or people. Every plastic fan of either club, who chose to "follow" the winningest team in the country when they were a stupid glory hunting little twat at school in the 80s or 90s should be rounded up and Shame walked down the street like that episode of game of thrones whilst they are pelted with products from all their Uber clubs commercial partners (up to and including Chevrolet's and DHL vans thrown by trebuchet).

The whole game is like it.

I see the new CL format has yet more slots for the top league's, and guess what its all based on coefficient, of course its very hard to get coefficient points when you have less teams in the competition.

Seeding and late entry also in cup competitions.

The game is designed to offer a built in advantage based on success in the past.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, weller54 said:

Totally agree.

It will still happen, it's inevitable.

Sooner the better!!

It will happen but they will try and make it happen whilst staying in our league system, what I want is for the SL to launch and those clubs to no longer be eligible for the EPL or EFL.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

It will happen but they will try and make it happen whilst staying in our league system, what I want is for the SL to launch and those clubs to no longer be eligible for the EPL or EFL.

I can’t see a situation in which the big English clubs are allowed to compete in a European closed shop competition while also being permitted to continue participating in the domestic league system. They will therefore have to choose between them, and they won’t choose to give up domestic football because their fans would not stand for it.

It is common to hear people say that the European Super League is ‘inevitable’, but it really isn’t. In fact, I’d say it’s extremely unlikely as long as the UK government sticks to its policy that participation in a European closed shop is incompatible with continued membership of the domestic league. 

29 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I can’t see a situation in which the big English clubs are allowed to compete in a European closed shop competition while also being permitted to continue participating in the domestic league system. They will therefore have to choose between them, and they won’t choose to give up domestic football because their fans would not stand for it.

It is common to hear people say that the European Super League is ‘inevitable’, but it really isn’t. In fact, I’d say it’s extremely unlikely as long as the UK government sticks to its policy that participation in a European closed shop is incompatible with continued membership of the domestic league. 

I’m not so sure, there maybe some resistance, but I’m pretty sure if for arguments sake it just happens out of the blue (which obviously it won’t), those involved would soon move on and accept it.

For me, the dangerous thing is the rise of the NFL in Europe. Over the last few years it’s popularity has exploded to the point domestic games are being played in Europe….. I’m sure if you asked NFL fans about 10 years ago if regular NFL games would be played in Europe they probably would have laughed you out of the room. And along with this more American consortium’s are showing an interest in football. Like we’ve seen with Spurs, we could start swing alliances being formed with the NFL stakeholders and teams, which again could increase the likelihood of this happening. 

It’s the way world sport is going, everyone wants a slice of it, and the respective governing bodies are losing a degree of control over it. 

At the end of the day, football is the worlds most popular sport, and those nations that are heavily investing in it want it to be a closed shop elite league where all of the worlds best teams play each other. 

Whereas it’s still probably more unlikely that likely, it’s probably more likely than it’s ever been before….. for the right kind of money, anything is possible, the government wouldn’t stand in its way either with the potential of how lucrative it would be. 

I just don’t think it can be ruled out…

When the super league happens,the greedy six will simply set up A and B teams to compete in both SL and domestic competitions. One will then serve as a feeder for the other. If this happens, Any transfer of players between squads, must have a fee attached based on market value established by tribunal. Both squads must have separate accounting verified for ffp

50 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

For me, the dangerous thing is the rise of the NFL in Europe. Over the last few years it’s popularity has exploded to the point domestic games are being played in Europe….. I’m sure if you asked NFL fans about 10 years ago if regular NFL games would be played in Europe they probably would have laughed you out of the room. And along with this more American consortium’s are showing an interest in football. Like we’ve seen with Spurs, we could start swing alliances being formed with the NFL stakeholders and teams, which again could increase the likelihood of this happening.

We've already seen Italian cup games played in Saudi Arabia. Although we've not seen it happen here yet would you imagine Liverpool or Man U would turn down a big money offer to play a future Carabou cup or FA cup over there too. They could easily use the excuse that cup attendances are down making it more economical to host it somewhere else. 

Personally, once league or cup games are played away from club grounds (or national stadiums for final cup rounds) the sport has lost that link with its origins.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We've already seen Italian cup games played in Saudi Arabia. Although we've not seen it happen here yet would you imagine Liverpool or Man U would turn down a big money offer to play a future Carabou cup or FA cup over there too. They could easily use the excuse that cup attendances are down making it more economical to host it somewhere else. 

Personally, once league or cup games are played away from club grounds (or national stadiums for final cup rounds) the sport has lost that link with its origins.  

Like you say, any fixture moving is the start of it all and the true sign it's completely lost touch.

The issue you'll always have is parasites seeing money above anything else. 

Those in charge do not realise the product that makes them so much money at its heart is popular because of all the things money can't buy. They're pulling it further and further away from that though and eventually they'll have a less popular product. 

25 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I agree, which will happen. You’ve got the league cup as an example, Man City V Man United for example, could easily be taken away to be played in a different country. The fact is some of the most financially powerful nations are desperate to have an established top level football network on their doorstep. The WC in Qatar was the start of it, Ronaldo heading there was another example. They can’t build an established league overnight, but they can make one….. which is probably what they’re going to try and do. 

We all know money talks, and they’ve got it to burn…..

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It seems that Forest fans are anticipating a judgment in their case tomorrow. That might give us another small clue as to how things may pan out for us.

forest get 10 points and get relegated. we get 10 points this year and still get promoted via play off final. Happy days.

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Like you say, any fixture moving is the start of it all and the true sign it's completely lost touch.

Those in charge do not realise the product that makes them so much money at its heart is popular because of all the things money can't buy. They're pulling it further and further away from that though and eventually they'll have a less popular product. 

Quite right.... Trouble is when it falls over, root football destroyed.. Roy of the Rovers dies actually murdered.. 

The money makers, drift off elsewhere, nobody found guilty.. Plastic and foreign football tourist fans drift away.. 

Old clubs names die... 

Football stadiums turn into cheaply purposed housing estates.. 

2 lads find something round amongst the rubble, they put their jumpers down.. ROY OF THE Rovers rises like the Phoenix... and it all starts with society youth rebellious movements once again. And their daughters better not run off with a boy who has CF or GK dreams... 

Noooooooooooo,!!!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

forest get 10 points and get relegated. we get 10 points this year and still get promoted via play off final. Happy days.

It's not going to affect the points for this campaign. It's the start of next season. Regardless of what division we're in

16 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It seems that Forest fans are anticipating a judgment in their case tomorrow. That might give us another small clue as to how things may pan out for us.

2 points is what is circulating within their fan base at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, SebbyFlyteFox89 said:

It's not going to affect the points for this campaign. It's the start of next season. Regardless of what division we're in

Don't steal my joy!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

2 points is what is circulating within their fan base at the moment. 

haha, if that's what Forest fans are thinking, then  it's likely to be about 6

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

Just now, MPH said:

haha, if that's what Forest fans are thinking its likely to be about 6

They’re such an odd bunch of people. And that’s not even saying that as a Leicester fan. But the way they talk you’d think they haven’t been absent from top level football for 20 odd years. The lads I work with are always taking the piss, and it’s not banter, it’s genuinely because they think they’re far, far superior to us…… it’s weird….. one of them even suggested they would get a lesser punishment because they’re Forest?

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

This strikes me as the heart of the issue and you put it so well. The money hungry parasites sucking the life out of football to leave a husk that on the surface is glamorous but beneath is vacuous nothing. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They’re such an odd bunch of people. And that’s not even saying that as a Leicester fan. But the way they talk you’d think they haven’t been absent from top level football for 20 odd years. The lads I work with are always taking the piss, and it’s not banter, it’s genuinely because they think they’re far, far superior to us…… it’s weird….. one of them even suggested they would get a lesser punishment because they’re Forest?

To be fair all fans do something similar... i was discussing on here previously with a fan who thought we should not be punished because we won the league and the FA cup recently lol My reply was that if we criticized forest and Everton for breaking the rules then we just need to take any points deduction on the chin and move on.

TRYING to look  at it objectively, it does appear that Forest tried to spend their way into the prem and there has to be some foreknowledge that this will result in an overspend. We had European football and we had to pay the players accordingly to stay there and then it all went belly up and we found ourselves in an unsustainable position with a manager who made Mike Bassett look like a genius.

Still, we didnt budget accordingly, overstretched ourselves and i cant help think if we hadn't been so hell bent on getting a high price for our players, we wouldn't be in this mess. It just feels like we played hard ball on some deals when we really shouldn't have.

With regards to KDH. I think a deal has already been done for him with Brighton for the end of the season. I also think we will accept the exact amount that supposedly offered in Jan, but knowing we could sell him in june and it account for this season, it was more valuable to keep him and aid the push for promotion than to sell and have to fund a replacement in Jan. This way, we can get his replacement in at a cost to next seasons budget.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

haha, if that's what Forest fans are thinking, then  it's likely to be about 6

6 points for the offence over three seasons but only one of those seasons were in the PL so expecting it to be reduced pro rata to 2 

on that basis, everton can expect 2 points rather than another 6 

On 05/03/2024 at 07:46, Gamble92 said:

Do we have any of the users who used to shut down anyone who dared question the way this club was operating for years just because they were getting a free donut for Swansea at home? 

I think that underplays the contribution of the owners to say the least.

I don't recall too many people criticising the investment in the squad and when that had to be reigned in we were relegated. 

• Like 1