Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They’re such an odd bunch of people. And that’s not even saying that as a Leicester fan. But the way they talk you’d think they haven’t been absent from top level football for 20 odd years. The lads I work with are always taking the piss, and it’s not banter, it’s genuinely because they think they’re far, far superior to us…… it’s weird….. one of them even suggested they would get a lesser punishment because they’re Forest?

Lived and worked in Nottingham for over ten years and yes, they are a breed apart from your common or garden football supporter. 

Deluded, superior and have a blind refusal to see anything other than when they had that brief period under Clough when they massively punched above their weight. 

And I don't think I ever met a F***t fan that didn't claim to be at those European finals. There must have been over 250k in those stadiums... 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I just saw this for the first time. It's the full text of the ruling of the panel that reduced Everton's deduction from ten to six points. What's interesting about it is that it places great emphasis on sporting advantage - ie, the extent to which Everton benefited from breaching the PSR limit over the period. It seems to be a major factor in the way they determine the appropriate punishment. If our case is judged in the same way, the fact that we got relegated might actually save us from a points deduction for the 2020-2023 period. Obviously if we get promoted this season having breached, it will be a different matter altogether.

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2024/02/26/b1c920ab-c053-4414-913a-c529efd27d18/Everton-FC-and-Premier-League-appeal-decision-260224.pdf

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I just saw this for the first time. It's the full text of the ruling of the panel that reduced Everton's deduction from ten to six points. What's interesting about it is that it places great emphasis on sporting advantage - ie, the extent to which Everton benefited from breaching the PSR limit over the period. It seems to be a major factor in the way they determine the appropriate punishment. If our case is judged in the same way, the fact that we got relegated might actually save us from a points deduction for the 2020-2023 period. Obviously if we get promoted this season having breached, it will be a different matter altogether.

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2024/02/26/b1c920ab-c053-4414-913a-c529efd27d18/Everton-FC-and-Premier-League-appeal-decision-260224.pdf

Did Everton breach the 3 year rolling period for 3 years running. 

Obviously we've gone and got ourselves relegated in 2022/23 but part of the 3 year cycle is 2020/21 we finished 5th and won the FA Cup and 2021/22 we finished 8th and got to the semi finals of a European competition. That might middy the waters as we were far more successful in 2 of the 3 years if we have then breached in 2022/23.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Obviously we've gone and got ourselves relegated in 2022/23 but part of the 3 year cycle is 2020/21 we finished 5th and won the FA Cup and 2021/22 we finished 8th and got to the semi finals of a European competition. That might middy the waters as we were far more successful in 2 of the 3 years if we have then breached in 2022/23.

Quite possibly, yes. However, having seen the Everton ruling I'm more convinced that I was that our relegation will be a significant consideration if/when they determine the sanction - even if it doesn't get us off the hook entirely.

• Like 1

This story is going to explode once the finances are out and all the speculators will start predicting exactly what will happen to us. So depressing.

Just gotta fix on the here and now which is try to win all our next games and enjoy what’s left of the ride so we can promoted.

its all we have to look forward to that we can actually control.

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

https://www.thefosseway.net/viewpoint/leicester-city-changes-top

Worth a read and the following fans comments... 

A good read that, , Lets not forget this isnt the first, we paid the EFL £3m in 2013-14 season and that recent scandal with the CMA that LCFC was found guilty, which the owners denied involvement.. the list of dodgy goes on with this club. If findings do end us in the sh@t once again and we are deducted points... I want change and no free beer or doughnut will convince me they are the right owners to take us forward. Regardless with how corrupt and pro establishment these rules are, you are to serve the club and the fans legally because if we dont get promotion this season... I do fear that we wont see any premier league football for a long time.

Edited by Simoken

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not really as you are only counted as having a sporting advantage in the season you breach. (Everton was warned several times by the PL regarding expenditure on players prior to the breach)

You have to remember that each season can be included into 3 x 3-year periods, so take the year we won the FA Cup 21 (Let's Forget COVID, making it a 4-year period for a moment).

We didn't breach in two or three periods, so how can't it be claimed that we had a sporting advantage in the 21 season.

The only year in bold in which we can claim a sporting advantage is the year in bold, as we chose to breach the limit. We could have sold Maddison 40m, Barnes 40m, and Tielemans 20m, for example, that summer and not breached, but we chose not to weaken our squad, so that gave us a sporting advantage.

Likewise, Everton chose to keep Dominic Calvert-Lewin in the 21/22 season rather than sell for 50m to be within the limit, so they breached and had a sporting advantage.  

They then chose not to sell players again to meet the limit for the 22/23 season and breached for a second time, so they had another sporting advantage.  

The breaches are treated as individual events, and you are charged for each actual season you breach the limit, rather than the period. 

This is why Everton is facing two charges, which people are struggling to understand as they occur during the same 3-year period. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

So Everton breached in 22/23 but received a points deduction in 23/24

Yet there's talk of us getting a points deduction in 24/25 if we return to the PL, for our breaches in 22/23. 

How is that fair? 

Everton's first charge is for 21/22, not 22/23.

So, the deductions this season are for that season. 

Their second charge is for 22/23, as is Forest, both of which have not yet been dealt with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MPH said:

To be fair all fans do something similar... i was discussing on here previously with a fan who thought we should not be punished because we won the league and the FA cup recently lol My reply was that if we criticized forest and Everton for breaking the rules then we just need to take any points deduction on the chin and move on.

TRYING to look  at it objectively, it does appear that Forest tried to spend their way into the prem and there has to be some foreknowledge that this will result in an overspend. We had European football and we had to pay the players accordingly to stay there and then it all went belly up and we found ourselves in an unsustainable position with a manager who made Mike Bassett look like a genius.

Still, we didnt budget accordingly, overstretched ourselves and i cant help think if we hadn't been so hell bent on getting a high price for our players, we wouldn't be in this mess. It just feels like we played hard ball on some deals when we really shouldn't have.

With regards to KDH. I think a deal has already been done for him with Brighton for the end of the season. I also think we will accept the exact amount that supposedly offered in Jan, but knowing we could sell him in june and it account for this season, it was more valuable to keep him and aid the push for promotion than to sell and have to fund a replacement in Jan. This way, we can get his replacement in at a cost to next seasons budget.

I think you’re bang on with KDH. I think they wanted him in January but we agreed to complete the deal in the summer, like you say to give us the best chance of promotion and then let him go in the summer. 

I wouldn’t be devastated to lose him, provided we spend money wisely. Can see winks potentially going too, which would be terrible, but if we can avoid punishment by selling players then you do it surely? Unless you’re happy to gamble with the points deductions…..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

So Everton breached in 22/23 but received a points deduction in 23/24

Yet there's talk of us getting a points deduction in 24/25 if we return to the PL, for our breaches in 22/23. 

How is that fair? 

You'd rather have a points deduction this season?

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think you’re bang on with KDH. I think they wanted him in January but we agreed to complete the deal in the summer, like you say to give us the best chance of promotion and then let him go in the summer. 

I wouldn’t be devastated to lose him, provided we spend money wisely. Can see winks potentially going too, which would be terrible, but if we can avoid punishment by selling players then you do it surely? Unless you’re happy to gamble with the points deductions…..

There is business & then business. 

Football has its own rules & modes. 

I hate how we have lost our own Leicester born lads who were actually willing to stay, plus a few other potential fan favourite wanted stayers.. 

FFP might be the correct platform, 

P&S also... The press releases, incorrect presumption in the public based on repetitive stories... But it is ruining the sports shop window, which some people enjoy & are canniving.. 

I do feel for Forest & Everton as well as ourselves who have leaned to far out of the window, trying to chase their fans dreams.. And a fair FFP regulations might ruin the actual clean playing field, they are trying to create... Because the media minions love playing with presumption, before cases reach their

end solutions & findings.. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

£20 million for KDH would be an awful deal and if we have already agreed that (which I doubt we have) the finances must be even worse than expected. We could comfortably get £30-35 million for KDH possibly even more, especially when you see players like Connor Gallager being rumored to go for £50 + ( I don't think he is worth anywhere near that)

Not saying I don't think we won't sell KDH or aren't talking to Brighton or other teams currently about a deal for him in the summer I just think it will be significantly more than the £20 million they offered in the summer

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Depends on how big the points deduction is surely is winks/ dewsbury hall worth 6 points to us in the prem id argue maybe?

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Like you say, any fixture moving is the start of it all and the true sign it's completely lost touch.

The issue you'll always have is parasites seeing money above anything else. 

Those in charge do not realise the product that makes them so much money at its heart is popular because of all the things money can't buy. They're pulling it further and further away from that though and eventually they'll have a less popular product. 

That was a very, very long time ago.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Depends on how big the points deduction is surely is winks/ dewsbury hall worth 6 points to us in the prem id argue maybe?

We would need to sell KDH, if we remain in the EFL, before 30/6/24 to comply with EFL rules. If we get promoted, then it becomes a risk vs rewards situation. That’s how I understand😬

Maybe it's time the relevant club fans stood back and stop taking the tribal route, maybe join forces in solice..

Like it or not also with sympathies

We fcuked up... and our mess has been gone through   the washing m/C in with the big window.. 

BUT....Are there

any real mitigating circumstances!?? 

Or do all the relevant clubs admit also  the coming yet unkown future clubs... 

"it's a fair cop"... 

Edited by fuchsntf

6 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

I think that underplays the contribution of the owners to say the least.

I don't recall too many people criticising the investment in the squad and when that had to be reigned in we were relegated. 

Investment from massive sales that were clearly unsustainable. We had a zero net spend every year more or less and mountains of loans to pay for everything. 

The point was there were plenty of people worried about the way we were operating during the period of success. It was just mocked because we were doing well in the short term. 

Does anyone know, what are the consequences - in terms of punishment and fines - if we don't go up this year?

Do we have some sort of sanction from the EFL in relation to their rules which would kick in if we stayed down? And would we then only be on the hook with the PL for the 22/23 season if we went up in 2025? Or do they consider more than three years?

2 hours ago, Lad1966 said:

We would need to sell KDH, if we remain in the EFL, before 30/6/24 to comply with EFL rules. If we get promoted, then it becomes a risk vs rewards situation. That’s how I understand😬

Oh yes I was definitely operating on the if we get promoted assumption

Having listened to Stefan's bit on the pod, it's very apparent even the experts don't have a clue what's going on.

Seems clubs don't know how they'll be charged, the leagues can't get themselves consistent and then there's rumours of the laws changing again 

• Like 1