Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

40 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

If we're working out from the two instances that it's between 4 - 6 points per breach, how long will it be before a team decides it's worth spending that extra £m for a player and offsetting 4 - 6 points as part of the process by gambling said player will earn them back the points they would lose.

It's basically fantasy football rules now then 

• Haha 4

Who even comes up with these numbers for points deductions. Feels like they're plucked out of thin air as there's no clear guidance. How are Forest more compliant than Everton. Man City we know are excluded 

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Groby_Blue said:

-2 points for mitigation and co-operation. 

Good job we like to be co-operative with football authorities then... 

I mean we could just do a man city deny everything, refuse to hand over any documents, refuse to cooperate lawyer up and push the hearing back for 5 years

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

But if we have breached, we did so having barely spent anything and selling Fofana and Maddison. It's actually staggering to have done so and I don't think there was ever a scenario in 2022/23 that we wouldn't have, given the sales we made.

Guess the PL will simply say you should have sold even more players being the ever helpful souls they are ?

As discussed the whole thing is a crock of shite which bizarrely might work in our favour in a court of law

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Good job we've been highly cooperative with the authorities....

We were that good we relegated ourselves on their behalf.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Who even comes up with these numbers for points deductions. Feels like they're plucked out of thin air as there's no clear guidance. How are Forest more compliant than Everton. Man City we know are excluded 

Fully agreed. Points deduction should have been set at the start when FFP came in with clarity for all clubs. 

- If a team overspends by a certain amount then 3 points

- If spends exceedingly over then 10 points (as examples)

The point deductions are made up at a time to suit the offending clubs. Forest are 3 points clear so we make it that they are now only 1 point off relegation zone.

Everton hit with 10 points when they were doing well. As soon as looked in danger we will drop this to 6 points on a technicality. 

Everton had any points deduction last year when they broke the rules, then we stay up and they go down. So they delayed deductions until a time when they were doing well. It looks like a punishment but it is not really. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

I think it’s because they didn’t try to deceive the PL with dodgy accounting, whereas Everton apparently did. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

It's a long way down the line yet I know but it's going to be so interesting when Man City do eventually face whatever consequences come their way 

I feel the PL have shot themselves in the foot with handing out deductions, granted its now part and parcel of FFP but whichever of the 115 Man City are guilty of, by what we've seen so far then the PL should be looking at throwing the book at them

But we know they won't, because the PL know that Man City are a monopoly for the league and as much as alot of people say, are a massive draw to the competition 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To be honest, looking at the punishments Forest and Everton got I find myself not giving a flying **** if we get a points deduction or not. 

If that's the sum total of all of the financial problems we've had over the last few years, a 4pt deduction, and then we just get to spend our promotion money and get on our way? 

**** it. We'll easily survive even with a 4 point deduction. If we get over this current little slump and wrap up our promotion on a high I feel bullishly confident about next year. 

100% this.

So if you are Villa, you just say **** it right right, which is largely what we should have done summer 2022. You ride out a 4 point deduction and push for Europa / Champions League in the hope the revenue you get offsets the costs. 

The way this is playing out; every club will be on a bloody points deduction at the start of the season. It’s like a golf handicap with how things are going. 

Either put a salary cap in, or just let it be. 

The entire system is flawed and if it’s challenged in a court of law, I’m sure will fall apart. 

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

So if you are Villa, you just say **** it right right, which is largely what we should have done summer 2022. You ride out a 4 point deduction and push for Europa / Champions League in the hope the revenue you get offsets the costs. 

Exactly. 

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I think the main thing going against this is the rolling 3 year totals. I read somewhere that efl do not do that as they dont want to over punish but the pl and probably rightly so given the amount of money to throw at clever lawyers, could get done for multiple years. Ie Everton getting done for 2 years but due to the shambles, getting both deductions in 1 year. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞 (it's a conspiracy blah blah blah, hopefully we just take it on the chin and move on, after the obligatory appeal and 2pt add back of course, but I'm more thinking as a fanbase on this one)

52 minutes ago, JJD_LCFC said:

Fully agreed. Points deduction should have been set at the start when FFP came in with clarity for all clubs. 

The point deductions are made up at a time to suit the offending clubs. Forest are 3 points clear so we make it that they are now only 1 point off relegation zone.

Everton hit with 10 points when they were doing well. As soon as looked in danger we will drop this to 6 points on a technicality. 

Everton had any points deduction last year when they broke the rules, then we stay up and they go down. So they delayed deductions until a time when they were doing well. It looks like a punishment but it is not really. 

Photo or we don’t believe you’re really in Jamaica !

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Strikes me that if Man City are found guilty they'll be playing in the National League or lower!!

They should, but I guarantee they won’t get anything at all. It will all just “go away”. 

49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To be honest, looking at the punishments Forest and Everton got I find myself not giving a flying **** if we get a points deduction or not. 

If that's the sum total of all of the financial problems we've had over the last few years, a 4pt deduction, and then we just get to spend our promotion money and get on our way? 

**** it. We'll easily survive even with a 4 point deduction. If we get over this current little slump and wrap up our promotion on a high I feel bullishly confident about next year. 

I agree.

49 minutes ago, Sly said:

The way this is playing out; every club will be on a bloody points deduction at the start of the season. It’s like a golf handicap with how things are going. 

Either put a salary cap in, or just let it be. 

The entire system is flawed and if it’s challenged in a court of law, I’m sure will fall apart. 

This is another thing that gives me hope. So many teams in deductions renders them somewhat irrelevant to an extent. Just depends on how many deductions each club get. 

1 hour ago, JJD_LCFC said:

I disagree because every case is different so it can’t be as black and white as that. Not all charges are just to do with losses. All cases can be appealed and taken to the independent committee if it is thought a deduction is wrong.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

We wouldn’t survive next season without a points deduction let alone with one. Have you actually watched us defend?