Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

18 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

We will end up employing Danny ward as lawyer to defend us. 

we’ll be close to winning any decision but he’ll probably let it slip through his fingers..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Like it’s a surprise, we all knew it was coming. But why release this now? Why not release this in the summer? It could **** our season up. 

Because this is the time of year when accounts are released etc. and the FFP cycle for the PSR calculation. LCFc could have chosen to comply and control that timeframe. Instead we are to challenge the rules (or like of provision in the rules) to get ourselves off. 

I find the lack of responsibility again - just like I through the last three years - another example in the lack of leadership

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

How do you fail to submit accounts? lol 

Sounds to me like we didn’t need to do so by when the Prem were trying to tell us to? Which is why they have had to refer us

“Leicester City were relegated to the EFL Championship prior to the introduction of the Premier League’s new Standard Directions, which prescribe a timeline within which PSR cases should be heard. Therefore, the proceedings will be conducted in accordance with a timetable to be set by the independent Commission, and its final decision will be published on the Premier League’s website.”

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Are Man City going to be protected against some of their charges?..

All those charges will be wrapped up and kicked down the road by a legal team funded by a whole oil rich nation. It will be the usual tactic of delay and stall until someone wants to settle or give up. 

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Because this is the time of year when accounts are released etc. and the FFP cycle for the PSR calculation. LCFc could have chosen to comply and control that timeframe. Instead we are to challenge the rules (or like of provision in the rules) to get ourselves off. 

I find the lack of responsibility again - just like I through the last three years - another example in the lack of leadership

Is it a lack of responsibility, or is it following legal advice? This is all unprecedented, the EPL and EFL are keen to implement the rules, but I’m pretty sure they probably don’t understand the rules fully themselves…

We are currently sat in a grey area, we’re not a premier league side, so it’s likely, like we did with the EFL have followed some advice that’s said “let them make the first move” almost like a disclosure in criminal law, see what they’re saying and then prepare to counter. We won’t just be sat around not knowing what we’re doing, we’re probably hiding our time because we feel confident there’s a loophole in the regulations that we feel we can exploit. 

• Like 4

Ridiculous decision by the EPL. It is about time that FFP is abolished as it has been created to solely have a closed shop of a few clubs that can compete at the the high level. All clubs should be allowed to spend money to their hearts content.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We have a point though…….. could this premature announcement come back to bite them in the arse? 

Some years ago QPR managed to avoid EFL sanctions because they had been promoted their case was only dealt with when they came back down.

In both the EFL and PL rules on this clubs that get promoted/ relegated remain under the jurisdiction of the league for the year of their accounts.

In other words Leicester would be measured against PL criteria contained within the 22/23 Pl rule book. That in essence was the case we recently were learned about however  it was made clear that the  accelerated  process in the PL 23/24 rulebook wasn’t something that could apply to Forest but charges under the PSR ( (PL) process could.

Just now, Pliskin said:

Is it a lack of responsibility, or is it following legal advice? This is all unprecedented, the EPL and EFL are keen to implement the rules, but I’m pretty sure they probably don’t understand the rules fully themselves…

We are currently sat in a grey area, we’re not a premier league side, so it’s likely, like we did with the EFL have followed some advice that’s said “let them make the first move” almost like a disclosure in criminal law, see what they’re saying and then prepare to counter. We won’t just be sat around not knowing what we’re doing, we’re probably hiding our time because we feel confident there’s a loophole in the regulations that we feel we can exploit. 

They’ve taken legal advice for sure. 

We are effectively just try to push the punishment on and dance with divisional changes. Which just makes the need to be promoted even higher stakes before. It’s high risk stuff. Take the punishment on the chin and on we go. 

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

If rules aren't robust why wouldn't you?

PL are as much to blame for this as the clubs, they should have rules for for purpose.

• Like 1