Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

2 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

Some years ago QPR managed to avoid EFL sanctions because they had been promoted their case was only dealt with when they came back down.

In both the EFL and PL rules on this clubs that get promoted/ relegated remain under the jurisdiction of the league for the year of their accounts.

In other words Leicester would be measured against PL criteria contained within the 22/23 Pl rule book. That in essence was the case we recently were learned about however  it was made clear that the  accelerated  process in the PL 23/24 rulebook wasn’t something that could apply to Forest but charges under the PSR ( (PL) process could.

There must be something the club are willing to test the PL for. Any decision will be made following legal advice, so if there’s something they’ve picked up on that they feel they can challenge they will likely run with it. All I can see happening, is eventually this FFP in its current form will collapse and have to be completely re written. 

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

No-one (bar Rodgers) sacked over that entire period. 

who ever gave Rodgers an improved new contract so soon after he had signed needs sacking

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Quite the pattern emerging...

Everton - Terrible ownership that wasted money

Forest - Terrible ownership that wasted money

Leicester ...

Think this list will grow.....

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hales said:

So basically Man City and Chelsea can get away with it anyone else is getting points deductions etc.......

We will see what happens with Man City they have 115 charges to sort out. Could well be relegated to league one and even have titles stripped. The rules are garbage anyway and aren’t making the sport any better or putting clubs in a better financial position, it just doesn’t work with the crazy transfer fees and huge wages 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

There must be something the club are willing to test the PL for. Any decision will be made following legal advice, so if there’s something they’ve picked up on that they feel they can challenge they will likely run with it. All I can see happening, is eventually this FFP in its current form will collapse and have to be completely re written. 

It’s worth re reading the statement  . My first reading of it  suggested to me that there was a question over the legality of these charges but I don’t think it is doing anything else other than put a marker out there.

• Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

We will see what happens with Man City they have 115 charges to sort out. Could well be relegated to league one and even have titles stripped. The rules are garbage anyway and aren’t making the sport any better or putting clubs in a better financial position, it just doesn’t work 

Nothing will happen to Man City, they are too valuable to the premier league to punish. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Reading between the lines, “Even though LCFC is not currently a premier league side”….. I definitely think they’re mounting a defence with that in mind. Reads like a prepared statement to me, as if they expected this response “despite the clubs efforts to engage constructively with the premier league”…..

It’s all planned, they’re biding their time, rather than just going along with what the EPL want. 

Sorry by default if not a PL club an EFL club charged under EFL rulebook when that rulebook makes it 100% clear where jurisdiction lies

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Reading between the lines, “Even though LCFC is not currently a premier league side”….. I definitely think they’re mounting a defence with that in mind. Reads like a prepared statement to me, as if they expected this response “despite the clubs efforts to engage constructively with the premier league”…..

It’s all planned, they’re biding their time, rather than just going along with what the EPL want. 

The first part of that statement is a matter of fact but no where in the statement does it say that the charge is contrary to the PL rules

15 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I'm late to the party, someone provide me with a short summary as I cant be arsed scrolling through pages.

50 words or less. 

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Rubbish. Watch and analyse the game properly and stop writing headlines like that which you know makes fans pile on with negativity. Play like that and we’ll be absolutely fine. Created numerous brilliant chances and win comfortably on another day.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2