Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Just now, Guest said:

Rubbish. Watch and analyse the game properly and stop writing headlines like that which you know makes fans pile on with negativity. Play like that and we’ll be absolutely fine. Created numerous brilliant chances and win comfortably on another day.

Thought as much, thank you

• Haha 1

Whelan should go as well if these allegations are proven to be honest. Sounds like it goes beyond Rudkin.

But whoever it was that kept Rodgers in place for so long should be first out the door.

1 minute ago, Terraloon said:

It’s worth re reading the statement  . My first reading of it  suggested to me that there was a question over the legality of these charges but I don’t think it is doing anything else other than put a marker out there.

That’s the point of the statement. They’re not so much questioning the legality of the charges, more highlighting areas that they are clearly considering. 

It’s a bit like saying, “I am surprised that I have charged with burglary, considering I was at home during the alleged offence”.

It reads a bit like a pre-written statement just offering a slight defence, without revealing the full picture, and then a line suggesting their compliance and willingness to sort the issue out. 

It’s definitely a letter drafted under the guise of a legal advisor. 

23 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Effectively we are attempting to push it down the road further enough that the rules change at some point. 

Whilst I absolutely hate the lack of leadership or responsibility.

Why not?

The rules changed after we were relegated, and will be changed before we're promoted again, be that this year or future. 

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Again, I’m very much let’s call Top and co ***** crew BUT

Why are we criticising the club here ? 

Defence 1 of these ridiculous charges is, if I’ve read it properly that we were relegated before the rules came into play. 

Why would we submit accounts and adhere to rules which we will soon argue do not apply to us ? 

It’s because news told them so their version of events must be true.

Of course the club would have been aware of this, let’s hope the legal advice is solid and we get to embarrass these corrupt pricks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Again, I’m very much let’s call Top and co ***** crew BUT

Why are we criticising the club here ? 

Defence 1 of these ridiculous charges is, if I’ve read it properly that we were relegated before the rules came into play. 

Why would we submit accounts and adhere to rules which we will soon argue do not apply to us ? 

This. 

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Quite the pattern emerging...

Everton - Terrible ownership that wasted money

Forest - Terrible ownership that wasted money

Leicester ...

I don’t think Forest do think their owners are rubbish. They’re very much prepared to accept even the really dodgy stuff (match fixing charges etc) because he’s got them up.

I actually have (caveated) sympathy with the club to be honest. There were people on here at the time saying we needed to spend more. It’s a case of damned if you do and damned if you don’t seemingly.

Yes there’s been money wasted, but we also had to have more bodies to try and compete in Europe. Was this a mistake? 

Anyway, the days of consistently competing top half of the Prem are gone. Clubs can still do things on tight budgets for a season or two, but the moment you miss out on Europe you’re going to be extremely close to breaching FFP. We’ll see what happens with Brighton and then be interesting if Newcastle or Villa miss out in a few years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Whelan should go as well if these allegations are proven to be honest. Sounds like it goes beyond Rudkin.

But whoever it was that kept Rodgers in place for so long should be first out the door.

Looks like mismanagement to me. Should have seen what was going on and done something about it 

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We will see what happens with Man City they have 115 charges to sort out. Could well be relegated to league one and even have titles stripped. The rules are garbage anyway and aren’t making the sport any better or putting clubs in a better financial position, it just doesn’t work with the crazy transfer fees and huge wages 

Just as a thought, if their charges were all in the EPL.. would that really mean the EFL kicks them down a few leagues too?

Surprised they are dishing out other punishments whilst there's this looming issue on the horizon. All screams of setting a precendence.. you can see it now "Man City deducted 30 points, £30million pound fine and a 2 transfer window ban"

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The club can’t submit accounts to a regulator if they will soon argue said regulator has no jurisdiction. 

Seriously, this is good lawyering, nothing else. 

My point exactly!

43 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I don’t think Forest do think their owners are rubbish. They’re very much prepared to accept even the really dodgy stuff (match fixing charges etc) because he’s got them up.

I actually have (caveated) sympathy with the club to be honest. There were people on here at the time saying we needed to spend more. It’s a case of damned if you do and damned if you don’t seemingly.

Yes there’s been money wasted, but we also had to have more bodies to try and compete in Europe. Was this a mistake? 

Anyway, the days of consistently competing top half of the Prem are gone. Clubs can still do things on tight budgets for a season or two, but the moment you miss out on Europe you’re going to be extremely close to breaching FFP. We’ll see what happens with Brighton and then be interesting if Newcastle or Villa miss out in a few years.

I think Brighton will probably be okay for now, as they've made huge amounts on player sales and they're so well run.

I think Newcastle will hit problems soon, though, as they have spent a shed load, will miss out on Europe next season and have made no significant sales beyond the dodgy 30m plus offloading of Saint Maximin to a Saudi club owned by the same owners (that's how they created headroom to sign Barnes). In addition, whilst they do get large crowds, they don't have a worldwide fanbase from which they can generate lots of income like the truly big clubs.

Villa have also pushed the boat out massively, helped by getting 100m for Grealish, so no surprise that there are already reports that their losses are over the threshold. They might get a stay of execution if they qualify for the UCL, though. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If rules aren't robust why wouldn't you?

PL are as much to blame for this as the clubs, they should have rules for for purpose.

We know now as a fact that we’ve broken the PSR limit. If we were sat in the PL, we’d be deduct four points as of this month.

We know the forecast for the next two PSR predictions isn’t pretty without major incoming transfers. 

So in twelve months time in a future where we are promoted, we probably sit down again and like Forest with the reduce limit allowance… we are charged again and we’ve lost our ability to claim mitigation. Rather than a manageable four points deductions, PL seek for more and it becomes harder to be competitive. 

In twelve months, in a future where we are in the EFL, well that’s when they start to implement really stringent financial controls. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

No-one (bar Rodgers) sacked over that entire period. 

And by a few accounts even he was practically begging for it when he realised it was the least damaging thing for Brand Brendan.

I'm in agreement that these rules appear to be a farce, but if anything this saga just highlights the total and utter incompetence of those in charge at LCFC. They've ridden on the coat-tails of the work done by Vichai and Pearson for too long. Time to go Rudkin and Whelan.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 1