Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

And people on here have still been trusting the club. The latter part is a disgrace on the face of it

Provocative if true and will get baked into points deduction.  

Don't get the thoughts of some who say that Top / King Power want to leave the club behind, especially with their stadium expansion plans etc.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

The failing to submit audited finances bit is the joke here. I think we were asked to submit our finances when the Premier League teams were and we've said no. As a Championship club we don't have to do that. We then plan to submit our finances when asked by the Championship (end of this month I think). 

So out defence is... Prem you can't charge us as you won't get out finances in time to do so and it would be unfair to punish teams (Forest) this season and us next for the same accounting period. And Championship its to late to charge us as we are now in compliance (sold a player or 2 in the account window early summer). 

Fun times. We might be dancing on a tightrope but with a bit of luck we might just be alright. 

Love it or hate it the PL do have jurisdiction for the 22/23 season even after clubs were relegated. The PL statement makes reference to their inability to deal under the accelerated procedure but I agree that the accounts weren’t due at  the PL till 31/3/24 so don’t know what to make of that

Edit the submissions date in the 22/23 handbook was 1/3/24 . So it’s that date by which the accounts had to be sent to the PL

Edited by Terraloon

There needs to be some governance in football, we as fans don't want owners spending money they don't have, thus leaving the club with a pile of debt it can't service.  On the other hand, none of us outside the so-called big 6 don't want to see a closed shop, as this makes the league too predictable and stops us from dreaming.  Maybe there needs to be a loan/debt bond issued before owners go on a spending splurge.   Either way, the club knew this would happen, but they didn't think it would be a points deduction, just the normal fine.

• Like 1

Shame that we haven't cracked on with the stadium expansion and associated developments as we could have offset that against our losses, couldn't we?

Anyhow, it still beggars believe that we have sold around half a billion pounds worth of players over recent years, and got relegated trying to do some cost cutting last season, but have still apparently breached the PSR rules. Only Leicester City!

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if we could actually have points deducted this season, or if that is completely impossible?  I’m hearing different things.

Some people say we can’t be punished for a PL “crime” while we’re in the championship.  But the BBC seems to imply that a points deduction this season is possible.  They say it’s unlikely, because we get to appeal etc and that’s unlikely to be done before the season ends - but not impossible. 

2 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Does anyone know if we could actually have points deducted this season, or if that is completely impossible?  I’m hearing different things.

Some people say we can’t be punished for a PL “crime” while we’re in the championship.  But the BBC seems to imply that a points deduction this season is possible.  They say it’s unlikely, because we get to appeal etc and that’s unlikely to be done before the season ends - but not impossible. 

Nah, it’ll be next season. 

What is the point in FFP?

to prevent clubs like Wimbledon, Bury etc going bust? 

Cos I would say points deductions make it more likely for clubs like us.

I also fail to believe that out of all the overspending teams in the Prem we are one of the worst, especially with our transfer income over the last few years.

Anyone got the figures of the other clubs? 

• Like 2

Players being overpaid for 3yrs and giving a manager a £10 mill a year contact dosent help but top and the other clowns at the top sorted that out, didn't they.

And shit players not wanting to move clubs because they could still get a wage for sitting on the sidelines,just shows what joke run club we are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

What is the point in FFP?

to prevent clubs like Wimbledon, Bury etc going bust? 

Cos I would say points deductions make it more likely for clubs like us.

I also fail to believe that out of all the overspending teams in the Prem we are one of the worst, especially with our transfer income over the last few years.

Anyone got the figures of the other clubs? 

Because we are leicester city and the top six run the pl.

39 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

The failing to submit audited finances bit is the joke here. I think we were asked to submit our finances when the Premier League teams were and we've said no. As a Championship club we don't have to do that. We then plan to submit our finances when asked by the Championship (end of this month I think). 

So out defence is... Prem you can't charge us as you won't get out finances in time to do so and it would be unfair to punish teams (Forest) this season and us next for the same accounting period. And Championship its to late to charge us as we are now in compliance (sold a player or 2 in the account window early summer). 

Fun times. We might be dancing on a tightrope but with a bit of luck we might just be alright. 

Definitely we think we have loopholes to exploit 

Just as our admin 20 years ago brought about the 12 point deduction rule, so this scenario will bring the EFL and EPL together to make agreements that bring the rules into line timing wise on relegated/promoted clubs and sanctions will be applicable in both leagues. 

If we manage to avoid sanctions on legal technicalities we will not be very popular out there …….

So we get docked 4 points next season. There will be 3 clubs that are comprehensively worse than us. All part of the magic mushroom roundabout that is supporting city, no one said it’d be easy

Edited by grobyfox1990
Typo

3 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

Because we are leicester city and the top six run the pl.

They was just talking about it on talksport. They said it’s estimated 80% of clubs are likely in breach of FFP rules, why the **** have we ended up being one of the first being charged? 

• Like 3