Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

10 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Does anyone know if we could actually have points deducted this season, or if that is completely impossible?  I’m hearing different things.

Some people say we can’t be punished for a PL “crime” while we’re in the championship.  But the BBC seems to imply that a points deduction this season is possible.  They say it’s unlikely, because we get to appeal etc and that’s unlikely to be done before the season ends - but not impossible. 

Any points deduction won’t be in this season there is absolutely no way that the process could be completed that quickly.

24 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Except they weren't brought in until September I thought?

The 22/23 rules were definitely in place the accelerated process wasnt hence why the PL say the timing is something the IC will take responsibility for.

LCFC cannot offer as a defence that they are no longer an EPL team.

The alleged offences were committed when they were an EPL team.

The simple question is did we break the £105M loss rule or not?

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

LCFC cannot offer as a defence that they are no longer an EPL team.

The alleged offences were committed when they were an EPL team.

The simple question is did we break the £105M loss rule or not?

They can offer a defence, the defence won’t necessarily be about when the alleged breaches are, it will likely be abuse of processes by the EPL, listening to Keiron Maguire, it seems the EPL have only decided to make this charge now because the EFL failed with theirs…. So it’s likely that the EPL have illegally tried to obtain information from us, similar to the EFL…. This is where cases will fall down, not the dispute over which league we were in, more the processes used to obtain the details not being the proper process. 

I do think start of the season deductions are way better though. Remember the Leeds 15 pointer. Was a siege mentality. Let's get promoted and give these ****ers a real headache.

• Like 4

While not defending the club for the last couple of seasons and ultimately, this flustercuck we now find ourselves in, King Power are a multi billion pound company and you don't scale those heights without an elite legal team drawing up the small print. 

Top, Rudders and co may not appear to know what they're doing but surely they have a crack legal team behind them advising them. It worked with telling the EFL to go forth not long ago so maybe they're planning on telling the EPL to do one too. 

I’m intrigued 

we didn’t provide the PL with our accounts end dec as they expected us to 

so they didn’t have the evidence they needed to charge us

we still haven’t filed out accounts 

when did we have to give the efl our expected numbers to end June 24 ?  I’m thinking about now??   My point is where have the epl got our numbers from in order to charge us ??  If the efl have passed them over to the epl then I suspect that must have been a couple, weeks ago when the news leaked out that we had failed prem psr for last year to end June.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m intrigued 

when did we have to give the efl our expected numbers to end June 24 ?  I’m thinking about now??   My point is where have the epl got our numbers from in order to charge us ??  If the efl have passed them over to the epl then I suspect that must have been a couple, weeks ago when the news leaked out that we had failed prem psr for last year to end June.   

March 1 apparently. According to Kieran Maguire on the When You’re Smiling podcast, basically because we told the EFL they couldn’t have our accounts because we were a Prem club, the Prem then said ‘well that must mean you were a Prem club then and should have put you accounts in for our December deadline’.

it’s worth a listen. Maguire on for first 10ish minutes. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hl4zg5

Edit - also, if that is the case, when and with who did Leeds and Southampton file their accounts? 

Edited by when_you're_smiling

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They can offer a defence, the defence won’t necessarily be about when the alleged breaches are, it will likely be abuse of processes by the EPL, listening to Keiron Maguire, it seems the EPL have only decided to make this charge now because the EFL failed with theirs…. So it’s likely that the EPL have illegally tried to obtain information from us, similar to the EFL…. This is where cases will fall down, not the dispute over which league we were in, more the processes used to obtain the details not being the proper process. 

How can it be abuse of process if it complies with the PL 22/23 rulebook ? 

6 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

While not defending the club for the last couple of seasons and ultimately, this flustercuck we now find ourselves in, King Power are a multi billion pound company and you don't scale those heights without an elite legal team drawing up the small print. 

Top, Rudders and co may not appear to know what they're doing but surely they have a crack legal team behind them advising them. 

Whereas the premier league is tiny by comparison and sure to have a team of Lionel Hutzs?

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m intrigued 

In season there is  a requirement to file information akin to audited accounts which I would imagine LFC complied with that would have given the PL very much the heads up and I would imagine those projections told the PL everything that was fequired

19 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

They was just talking about it on talksport. They said it’s estimated 80% of clubs are likely in breach of FFP rules, why the **** have we ended up being one of the first being charged? 

Because we are little old  leicester city and because the top 6 hate us and don't want teams like us to win the pl again.

• Like 1

The rules are crap. It's like winning the lotto and only being able to spend £700 a month whilst Bill Gates (Man U ) can spend what they like.  

always thought this and not a reaction to today.