Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

5 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

March 1 apparently. According to Kieran Maguire on the When You’re Smiling podcast, basically because we told the EFL they couldn’t have our accounts because we were a Prem club, the Prem then said ‘well that must mean you were a Prem club then and should have put you accounts in for our December deadline’.

it’s worth a listen. Maguire on for first 10ish minutes. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hl4zg5

Edit - also, if that is the case, when and with who did Leeds and Southampton file their accounts? 

Yeah - just listened to that 

so the efl passed our numbers on which has led the epl to raise the charge.  I do wonder if the expected numbers to end June 24 would have included enough detail to end June 23 for the PL to have worked out that we’d breached. 

you’d have to assume yes or they’d wait till end of the month when the accounts will be filed at companies house 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

The rules are crap. It's like winning the lotto and only being able to spend £700 a month whilst Bill Gates (Man U ) can spend what they like.  

always thought this and not a reaction to today. 

Well, ita like winning the lotto and buying a 2 bed terraced house for 10 million. Then going to maccies for dinner every day and insisting on paying 10k per meal

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Well, ita like winning the lotto and buying a 2 bed terraced house for 10 million. Then going to maccies for dinner every day and insisting on paying 10k per meal

What's wrong with that if you can afford it ?

So it appears we've fallen into a grey area regarding when and who we submit accounts to. I just can't fathom how nobody at the club has felt this needs clarifying so that this exact situation doesn't arise??

Similarly, we can be pretty sure we have failed the FFP £105m limit, be interesting how much we've failed that by.

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Failing to submit doesnt bode well for mitigation and compliance.

If the date wasn't clear to begin with, or who we submit them to because of our relegation, then what? 

It's a loophole, albeit probably a weak one in my opinion. 

So we've been made an example of over 3yr period when the likes of man city have done it over a period of 10yrs and Chelsea have been found to have been cooking the books don't get mentioned at all:dunno::clap:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Failing to submit doesnt bode well for mitigation and compliance.

Can only assume that the club were advised it was actually possible for a prem league points deduction to be applied in the championship and therefore best to keep 22/23 hidden till March 1st when they’d have to be revealed to the football league. BUT that wouldn’t give enough time for us to be charged and then heard and then appealed before end of the season by thr PL.  that also explains why we fought to stop the efl seeing our management accounts for this season last autumn (cos that would also have alerted the PL if the EFL had passed them on). 

There must have been a good reason for all this ‘skullduggery’ - otherwise why not just give the prem the accounts at the end of December if we weren’t concerned that we could  be punished this season. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

Cannot see a positive future under this ownership. We have been dreadfully run for at least three years, maybe more. That £92 million loss in one year was alarming.

Think we are in for a painful time.

Agree with all of this 

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

To be fair, I think they may have ****ed themselves. I can see us wriggling out of this because of the EPL’s eagerness to drag us through the mud. 

We not getting any deductions to the punishment I reckon, the statement clearly shows we not cooperating under goodwill but instead only when legally obliged.  Also reads as if we throwing the toys out of the pram, and no director has the balls to put their name put to the statement.

3 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

I think the phrase is fecking bring it on you Premier League winkers

We can't spend our money on players so we'll spend it on lawyers and we have got plenty of them

Probably end in tears but at least we are standing up to the injustices of the Premier League where other clubs have just caved in and accepted their fate

lol

What money?

1 minute ago, bluefox1 said:

So we've been made an example of over 3yr period when the likes of man city have done it over a period of 10yrs and Chelsea have been found to have been cooking the books don't get mentioned at all:dunno::clap:

don’t get mentioned at all ?

so Man City’s 115 charges must be a mirage …… they won’t just disappear. They will have to be dealt wit( eventually. Way more complex than just spending too much 

chelsea are in the dirt next season if they don’t sell a shed load of home grown taken this June. 

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Seeing as your other post got deleted, I'll quote this one.

How long until someone says we shouldn't be discussing this, because we've only been "charged", and we should wait until there's a verdict? 

It does seem there is some kinds o blockage on certain criticism, in another thread the discussion ended with my post suggesting a potential change of ownership at the club, my post survived but the thread was locked ending that chain of discussion, if teapot didnt break any rules why was his post deleted? 

27 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

And this perfectly illustrates the cartel carve up. They don't want competition from anyone outside their favoured big clubs. What stinks is that I can remember when Chelsea, Man City, Man U and Spurs were all outside the top division even Liverpool used to be crap. 

• Like 2