Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

14 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

If away fans didn’t travel to the big six that would be a good statement. Wouldn’t happen though would it.

The big 6 would love this, they'd instead sell those tickets at a further inflated price to tourists.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

If a drug dealer has 4kg of cocaine in their house and the police bust in without a warrant, it gets thrown out in court because the evidence wasn’t obtained legally. Basically we’re trying the same approach with our accounts. Interesting to see what the ruling is on this. 

I'm not sure we are having reread the statement I think we are disputing and are annoyed about the failing to submit accounts charge. I'm not sure we are actually disputing the PSR breach charge 

20 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

If away fans didn’t travel to the big six that would be a good statement. Wouldn’t happen though would it.

4 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

The big 6 would love this, they'd instead sell those tickets at a further inflated price to tourists.

better not to attend the home games against them.  

imagine stadiums 90% empty - that really won’t work for the brand on tv around the world 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Just when I thought it was hilarious seeing Forest getting their pants pulled down by the PL…. lol :unsure:

There's a few fans on socials laughing that are clearly unaware of their own clubs situation.

48 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

At no time during the 22/23 year was LCFC a member of the EFL . That is the whole point

Surely the accounts are per annum, and not just for the “season”…. Otherwise what’s the point in having three years rolling if you’re going to forget the summer period between the seasons? 

The accounts will surely fall in line with the usual business year and we have until June to get the books in order… so that would suggest part of 2023 accounts will be relating to the EFL. Which means the EPL have no business asking to see the entire of our accounts from the financial year 2023, because the latter part of said year was spent as an EFL team. 

The financial year is the financial year, and clubs operate throughout this period, the summer transfer window being a prime example. So surely with all that in mind some of the 2023 data will relate to this current season. 

I think the crooks of our argument are, the PL have no business asking for us to produce documents to them when we are not an EPL team, they’re governed by different bodies and have slightly different rules. We’re governed by the EFL rules, who can’t touch us because half of our 2023 accounts relate to the EPL, and then in turn, surely the EPL can’t touch us because half of our accounts relate to the EFL….. it’s a grey area that neither governing body knows what to do about it….. so, the EPL have basically just said “**** it” and have had a go. We will certainly be dragging this out for as long as we can, and I’m not wholly convinced that the EPL have acted above board here, which our lawyers will be scrutinising. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

They’ve had permission for quite a while now…..

To be fair, planning permission was only formally granted in December 2023 following completion of the legal agreement. That said whether the development goes ahead is open to question?

2 hours ago, Groby_Blue said:

While not defending the club for the last couple of seasons and ultimately, this flustercuck we now find ourselves in, King Power are a multi billion pound company and you don't scale those heights without an elite legal team drawing up the small print. 

Top, Rudders and co may not appear to know what they're doing but surely they have a crack legal team behind them advising them. It worked with telling the EFL to go forth not long ago so maybe they're planning on telling the EPL to do one too. 

Their business is done in Thailand though, very different laws, and very different industry. 

I don’t disagree, they’ll have decent lawyers presumably, but not because of their other businesses

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I reckon we'll have some loophole ready to beat these charges.

I hope so anyway.

I don't know how you think this lol

More likely the fax machine was broken and Rudkin sent the accounts to his mother-in-law by accident.

• Haha 3

We can all argue this to the death, but the one clear message from all of this is that the PL are coming for the wrong clubs, an established PL will eventually be driven out of existence by this rule, and then perhaps they will change it……

World football is in disarray, which is why it will drastically change in a few short years, and it’s probably for the better…. The sooner we can get rid of the “big six” the better. Let the EPL collapse and recreate a good old fashioned football pyramid away from the greedy kits of the super rich. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

I think there’s a lot of misdirected anger about this. The problem is the shite ‘product’ that the PL has become, and the media-backed monopoly of top-tier teams.

1) Stop paying for ****ing Sky TV. It’s shit anyway. 

2) Fans of all clubs should be spitting venom at the ‘big six’ teams. When we play them we should be booing all of their players all match. We should be chanting about their twat owners and oil / blood money. We should be mocking them for being plastic shite, watched mainly by Far Eastern tourists. We should be dominating every phone in and every letters page and every forum with how much the big six cartel has ruined football and how much we hate them. **** talking about offside decisions and overlapping fullbacks, we need to shift the dialogue and let the people in control of the purse strings know that these clubs are ruining our game. We need to make it hell for those clubs, their owners and their fans. We need to make it taboo to even play for any of those teams. It should be socially unacceptable to support them (in my view it already is). There are more of us than them, and it’s about time we stood up and made it clear we’ve had enough.

It’s simple - we will not kowtow to the cartel anymore. If they’re not prepared to play nicely, they can piss off to some desert shithole to play exhibition games against Perez Madrid every week.

I’m in!!

From the footballing blueprint that every Premier League club aspiring for European football would dream of, to this. How far we could fall, and keep falling, whilst the likes of Manchester "110 breaches" City continue to saunter to trophies galore unimpeded. Newsflash, they have the revenue and pulling power, we sure as hell don't. Money is the reason that the Citizens remain untouched, the implications to the Premier League would be disastrous for all those penny-pinchers up top.

This could have been so different for us if we did managed to nick a Champions League spot when we had the chance, twice. If we do the previously-seemingly unthinkable and screw this up, it could be a few more years yet before another shot at promotion, and some difficult times lie ahead financially, bound by the shackles of FFP. Top may well just abandon his hotel complex vision and sell up, whilst the incompetent board line their pockets and leave (good riddance to you Whelan and Rudkin, you clearly cannot run a club).

On the pitch, Enzo might well just pack his bags no matter what the outcome and the squad will be picked apart. And when that day  comes, let the cycle restart anew and welcome back Nigel Pearson (let me dream and reminisce a little here). And the moneyspinner that is the EPL, I hope it collapses spectacularly and takes the Big 6 with it, can naff off to their glorified Super League for all I care.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Wouldn't they just fill it with home fans/tourists ? 

They'd actually make more money that way. No policing, higher prices, surely. No ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Just moved house. Body aches like a f4cker. Most of our stuff doesn’t work in the new house.  

log on to foxes talk. For f4cks sake. 

Tell me about it, no decent new wank pics in the fit birds on telly thread. Now i've got to open a new tab and browse pronhub...

Hmm fisting , dbl penetration or gangbang? All seem "fitting"  right now.

• Haha 1

If there wasn’t a problem why didn’t we file our accounts?

Everton and forest complied with the rules and still got hammered.

Maybe we’ve decided to go down the Man City route and tie the EPL up in court, it’s worked treat for them!

57 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Surely the accounts are per annum, and not just for the “season”…. Otherwise what’s the point in having three years rolling if you’re going to forget the summer period between the seasons? 

The accounts will surely fall in line with the usual business year and we have until June to get the books in order… so that would suggest part of 2023 accounts will be relating to the EFL. Which means the EPL have no business asking to see the entire of our accounts from the financial year 2023, because the latter part of said year was spent as an EFL team. 

The financial year is the financial year, and clubs operate throughout this period, the summer transfer window being a prime example. So surely with all that in mind some of the 2023 data will relate to this current season. 

I think the crooks of our argument are, the PL have no business asking for us to produce documents to them when we are not an EPL team, they’re governed by different bodies and have slightly different rules. We’re governed by the EFL rules, who can’t touch us because half of our 2023 accounts relate to the EPL, and then in turn, surely the EPL can’t touch us because half of our accounts relate to the EFL….. it’s a grey area that neither governing body knows what to do about it….. so, the EPL have basically just said “**** it” and have had a go. We will certainly be dragging this out for as long as we can, and I’m not wholly convinced that the EPL have acted above board here, which our lawyers will be scrutinising. 

accounts  now required to run in line with seasons from player contract start date 1st July to 30th June.  

25 minutes ago, notnow john said:

If there wasn’t a problem why didn’t we file our accounts?

Everton and forest complied with the rules and still got hammered.

Maybe we’ve decided to go down the Man City route and tie the EPL up in court, it’s worked treat for them!

We don’t have to file our accounts to end June 2023 until end March 2024 re companies house requirements 

the PL require sight of those audited accounts by 31 dec as per new rules established July 2023. 

the efl require management accounts for the current season sometime in the autumn.  This will show them the situation to end June and also the likelihood of conforming with psr in the ongoing season. 

• Like 1