Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

I think there’s a lot of misdirected anger about this. The problem is the shite ‘product’ that the PL has become, and the media-backed monopoly of top-tier teams.

1) Stop paying for ****ing Sky TV. It’s shit anyway. 

2) Fans of all clubs should be spitting venom at the ‘big six’ teams. When we play them we should be booing all of their players all match. We should be chanting about their twat owners and oil / blood money. We should be mocking them for being plastic shite, watched mainly by Far Eastern tourists. We should be dominating every phone in and every letters page and every forum with how much the big six cartel has ruined football and how much we hate them. **** talking about offside decisions and overlapping fullbacks, we need to shift the dialogue and let the people in control of the purse strings know that these clubs are ruining our game. We need to make it hell for those clubs, their owners and their fans. We need to make it taboo to even play for any of those teams. It should be socially unacceptable to support them (in my view it already is). There are more of us than them, and it’s about time we stood up and made it clear we’ve had enough.

It’s simple - we will not kowtow to the cartel anymore. If they’re not prepared to play nicely, they can piss off to some desert shithole to play exhibition games against Perez Madrid every week.

I was incredibly disheartened returning to the King Power for the first time in circa 7 years the other week. I can tell you for a fact that bar UFS and a few dotted here and there, that this fan base will never do or support a movement that strong. 

I’d ****ing love it, but our fans have sleepwalked into this just as much as our ownership have.

How am I reading ‘Leicester City are surprised’… most of us with a shred of financial literacy saw this the moment Brendan and the Covid party willy pullers dropped us out of the top four. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

We can all argue this to the death, but the one clear message from all of this is that the PL are coming for the wrong clubs, an established PL will eventually be driven out of existence by this rule, and then perhaps they will change it……

World football is in disarray, which is why it will drastically change in a few short years, and it’s probably for the better…. The sooner we can get rid of the “big six” the better. Let the EPL collapse and recreate a good old fashioned football pyramid away from the greedy kits of the super rich. 

I think a lot of us get sick to death of the big club sycophants. They won't be happy until  when it is totally impossible for a Leicester, Bournemouth or Wolves etc to even win a League match against them let alone compete for honours. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Slightly off topic but this isn't spoken about enough.  The decline of Sky Sports has been spectacular.  Extremely poor quality and low budgets across the board (whilst they ramp up the prices to customers every year).

As the primary rights holder to professional football in this country their influence is absolutely huge and I almost hold them primarily responsible for the slow death of the sport.

This sounds like a loaded question but it isn't - do you really think it's got worse or has it always been that bad but it's just more noticeable now? 

Before we had Richard Keys and Andy Gray, less matches and repeats of Premier League years. 

I think maybe the competition of other channels highlights how much they've held people to ransom of the years. The decline of Soccer Saturday is undeniable though. 

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Fans need to be more active on this, absolutely. But we're a truly disorganised bunch. That's why I keep tagging @Foxes_Trust in these sorts of posts, because this is the exact thing they should be doing.

We are currently monitoring all the statements being made from all parties, not only in our case but PSR breaches at other clubs (such as the Everton FAB statement today)

We had some dialogue with the club following the EFL statement and will have further dialogue very soon, however given the legal nature of the current scenario, we have to be very careful in our approach, on the one hand questioning/challenging the club, but at the same time not stating anything publicly which could harm our clubs position.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

your having a laugh, that season we spent in league 1, apart from winning the premier, it was absolutely amazing. Pearson just came in, and all the away days were so so good, we took over stadiums.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

3 of my Top posts have been deleted now, how is this allowed, MODS??

:whistle:

Oh I just meant beat Bristol City and hope that Leeds drop points, therefore it would be time to go Rudkin, I mean time to go Top!

Newcastle is the richest club in the world and can't even buy the players they need to compete. We sold players at massive profit more or less each year, yet we still couldn't invest the way it's needed to compete. Chelsea spend £1bn on players and finish mid table, no European football income, no cup wins income...and nothing so far. 

The whole thing stinks. So IF we go up, the premier league will allow the bigger clubs to asset strip us, take our points before we started and make us not a good proposition for any player to come. We'll have to look at cheaper players of less quality because of the rules. What happens! We can't compete and we go back down. Financially ruined and players want to leave, we could be the next Reading. 

We didn't do ourselves any favours and it does show the incompetence of Rudkin, but the rules stink. Punish those that want to compete and reward the bigger clubs with security of no competition. 

We all didn't want the super league idea. Unfortunately, the rules have created it 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Sly said:

The Premier League is becoming a farce.

The long term impacts of this will be painful, not just for us but football in general. 

I still can’t get my head around how it’s legally binding to stop the growth of a football club and preventing them breaking into the top 6, whilst allowing the greedy six clubs to spend more. 

Elon Musk could own us and want to pump half his money into making us the biggest club in the world, he wouldn’t be allowed though.

Football is done if this persists. 

It won't stop at us. I wouldn't be surprised to see teams like Palace, Brentford, Wolves, Bournemouth etc...being affected. Leeds and Southampton will be next. 

Villa challenge this year need to be careful as well. They can't be top 4, how bad will that look? The default 'top 6: won't allow it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

So the board's quest to avoid FFP and a points deduction that might result in a potential relegation from the Prem this season (if we'd actually stayed up), has ended in a definite relegation last season, AND we still failed FFP, AND we're set to fail EFL FFP this season as well to boot. And if we do go up, we'll start on negative points, with all our best player assets already sold, and decreased 3 year allowed loss margins due to our year in the EFL purgatory. Plus it's not guaranteed we'll go up this year, so there's a chance we get stuck down here where the EFL will try and stick us with an enforced business plan to flog off our players, transfer bans and more points deductions as they make up their own FFP rules on the fly to see what they can punish us with.

And they couldn't afford to sack Rodgers? It turns out they couldn't afford not to sack Rodgers, and the season of stupidity has put the club in a very risky position for the next few years. What an absolute cluster of massive proportions.

who is in charge?

Football has totally lost it's way - VAR, truly awful officiating, continued diving and cheating by the players, covert bias toward the big six, talk of break away super leagues, this FFP fiasco - Surely as long as you have a guarantor that all debts will be serviced and paid off what is the bloody problem? 

What's happened to the fact Man City have been cheating for 10 years + argh yes they have the best lawyers - Possibly this could be a new sport 

The appeal of football is diminishing rapidly. 

All of the above does not detract from the fact our club has been atrociously run for the last 4 / 5 years and those at a management level at the club responsible for financial and football matters need to take responsibility and walk 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Wouldn't they just fill it with home fans/tourists ? 

They'd actually make more money that way. No policing, higher prices, surely. No ? 

Are they not obliged to have a portion of tickets for away fans, regardless if they are sold or not?

I believe the new FFP rule will go live from next season which means teams like Chelsea who have spent over 1 billion pounds will not get penalised for any encroachment in the last 2 seasons.

Man city's case is disgusting. Why is there no update on the progress of this?

38 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Are they not obliged to have a portion of tickets for away fans, regardless if they are sold or not?

They probably are initially, but once they realise there's no interest in travelling support, I'm sure they'd utilise the chance to screw the home fans etc. 

Maybe I'm missing your point. 

Visiting fans wouldn't buy tickets & not go, as that's still cash going to the home club.

Edited by STEVIE B

7 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Forest and Everton. What great company we keep. 

Ronnie, what's fascinating is the focus of these rules on the wrong clubs....  the top clubs buy sucess.... and this is a barrier to other clubs.   All that was needed was a mechanism to prevent wreckless owners (ref bury)... this could have been addressed by owners lodging a bond to be called in if a club goes into admin... thereby preventing wreckless owners from walking away unscathed