Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

I don't think they're in any financial threat to be honest. 

That’s a shame isn’t it got to be something we can deduct them points for 

Just now, Bert said:

If we go up, and we get hit with points I’m not sure why we’d need to sell players. We’d already have the sanction and would be at the start of a new 3 year cycle. 

Good point that 

While I agree the rules are daft and I don’t disagree with the sentiment, if “we showed ambition” is our argument for flouting any rules that apply to us, we really do have crayon eating children running the shop. 

Edited by Langston
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, K789 said:

Good point that 

It’s actually not

If promotion is achieved there currently ( unlike the EFL) isn’t any restriction in terms of you can be charged year on year and not just once in any three year cycle it’s the situation that Everton now find themselves 

26 minutes ago, stu said:

Leicester have been charged by the Premier League with an alleged breach of the Profitability and Sustainability Rules and the gloves are off. Usually a quiet, private club, Leicester are furious.

This is not a crisis of finance, with Leicester’s owners King Power remaining fully committed, but an issue of compliance with the rules.

When their accounts are released next week, it is expected that Leicester will have overshot the permitted £105 million losses by some distance.

Sanctions are expected, while the Premier League is also frustrated at what it alleges is a failure to submit financial information.

Quite simply, Leicester feel they are being punished for daring to show ambition. For years they disrupted the established elite. Relegation last season was never expected, or budgeted for.

I hope we have a better argument than this in reality...

Interesting article again from Percy. 

Once again reiterating that we aren't poor and King Power has money to spend, but they aren't allowed to. 

7 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

What are we actually furious about? We broke the rules full stop. They are farcical as we all know but they knew what they were … 

This. We voted for the rules then broke them.

I'm finding the whole thing embarrassing - the reckless spend, the reckless spend still resulting in relegation and then the relegation resulting in an attempt to hide from the consequences we ourselves voted for.

If we continue down this road we will be made into a scapegoat to stop others doing the same.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

This sounds like a loaded question but it isn't - do you really think it's got worse or has it always been that bad but it's just more noticeable now? 

Before we had Richard Keys and Andy Gray, less matches and repeats of Premier League years. 

I think maybe the competition of other channels highlights how much they've held people to ransom of the years. The decline of Soccer Saturday is undeniable though. 

It really is the pits now. The state of Soccer Saturday and even worse are those transfer shows with shitty YouTubers like Thogden telling us who Chelsea should sign.

Its like if CBBC had the rights to the Premier League. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Does that mean we can get less of a deduction as we weren't competitive at all. Maybe if we show clips of the Bournemouth game the Prem might give us points as sympathy for the shit show 

• Haha 1

One thing I've yet to grasp conclusively about this is are there set three-year periods or are the three-year periods rolling year-to-year?

For example, if there is a period including 21/22, 22/23 and 23/24, would the the next period be:

(a) 24/25, 25/26, 26/27

(b) 22/23, 23/24, 24/25

1 minute ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

This. We voted for the rules then broke them.

I'm finding the whole thing embarrassing - the reckless spend, the reckless spend still resulting in relegation and then the relegation resulting in an attempt to hide from the consequences we ourselves voted for.

If we continue down this road we will be made into a scapegoat to stop others doing the same.

If the fall from grace has been this extreme, it won’t just stop. Really concerned as to the running of the club. 

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

It really is the pits now. The state of Soccer Saturday and even worse are those transfer shows with shitty YouTubers like Thogden telling us who Chelsea should sign.

Its like if CBBC had the rights to the Premier League. 

Just cancelled my virgin tv this week. Going up 8 percent! If anyone knows of a reliable iptv then can you pm me 🤣

Not paying those prices anymore.

Remember when Sunderland fans told us Lee Congleton would ruin the club.

They we right, we knew it would happen but still bent to every request Rodgers made until it was too late.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

One thing I've yet to grasp conclusively about this is are there set three-year periods or are the three-year periods rolling year-to-year?

For example, if there is a period including 21/22, 22/23 and 23/24, would the the next period be:

(a) 24/25, 25/26, 26/27

(b) 22/23, 23/24, 24/25

It rolls over

So we are currently being looked at for 20/21, 21/22, 22/23

Then the next period we would be 21/22, 22/23, 23/24

So if you do REALLY bad in one or two of those years and don’t correct it in another, you will essentially get done in multiple seasons like Everton are

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

(a) 24/25, 25/26, 26/27

(b) 22/23, 23/24, 24/25

Rolloing year to year

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, stu said:

Leicester have been charged by the Premier League with an alleged breach of the Profitability and Sustainability Rules and the gloves are off. Usually a quiet, private club, Leicester are furious.

This is not a crisis of finance, with Leicester’s owners King Power remaining fully committed, but an issue of compliance with the rules.

When their accounts are released next week, it is expected that Leicester will have overshot the permitted £105 million losses by some distance.

Sanctions are expected, while the Premier League is also frustrated at what it alleges is a failure to submit financial information.

Quite simply, Leicester feel they are being punished for daring to show ambition. For years they disrupted the established elite. Relegation last season was never expected, or budgeted for.

I hope we have a better argument than this in reality...

We really ruined it all just to keep Rodgers happy. 

Embarrassing levels of gaslighting from Rodgers and his media chums.

Embarrassing levels of naivety and incompetence by those in charge of the club. 

I'm so done.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

Nor dare I say is that strictly correct either.

We have absolutely no idea what they self reported nor do we even know which regulatory body will or is taking the matter forward.

Brighton only last season self reported and were charged by the FA for incorrect reporting of sums paid to agents yet they were only fined and didn’t have their PSR submissions re worked. Nor is their any suggestion that City will have theirs re opened indeed there  is a view that to do so creates a double jeopardy 

Cities PSR charges revolve around third party investment and not around breeches of the £105 million which I believe if sums were deducted from their income and sums in respect of players wages and managers contracts added on

100% 

The lack of clarity and transparency is one of this biggest issues.

The masterclass in mismanagement is incredible and would inevitably lead to this . 

We sing about Vichai having a dream but this wasn’t it. This is a hangover of epic proportions.

Rudkin, Wheelan and Top have killed our club. Stupid contracts dished out to average players I guess is most of the problem. It’s wild.

We had it all and f*©️ked it. Those three to blame, probably Vichai in someways for all those silly cars he bought too. We stroked egos that didn’t need stroking.

We’re in the shit clearly and now we have to take the punishment, which I would think will be huge.

Up the City 🦊

Edited by RYM
Spelling
  • Like 1

Bit fed up with some of the comments on BBC website from people harping on about the 2002 situation which they accuse Leicester of cheating then when no rules were broken and as if going into administration was a tactic the club cheerfully entered into.

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It rolls over

So we are currently being looked at for 20/21, 21/22, 22/23

Then the next period we would be 21/22, 22/23, 23/24

So if you do REALLY bad in one or two of those years and don’t correct it in another, you will essentially get done in multiple seasons like Everton are

And this is even more reason to bemoan the setting of the rules and how it influences uncompetitiveness across the league. 

Chelsea do really bad, no punishment. Man City could fvck up one season, no punishment forthcoming. 

It's crazy how quickly PL have struck against Everton, Forest and now ourselves. 

The faint but promising silver lining out of all of this is that slowly more and more fans are coming round to how shite the PL and PSR rules are, and cottoning on to the fact they're skewed heavily in favour of favoured clubs within the PL. Not just Leicester fans either now just because we've been punished. 

Several fans of other clubs now realise you can't be competitive for a long time for PL's fear of their precious closed group of clubs being threatened in their quest for success. But a smaller club dare for success? God forbid! 

It's ironic how fans of Man City and Liverpool and Arsenal etc bemoan potential corruption on the pitch as a decision goes against them. They're the ones that are deadly quiet around this time when it comes to corruption off the pitch... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Chelsea have to meet the current 3 year rolling rules for this season ending June 30. They did to end June 2023. 
the clubs will no doubt vote in July to change the rules if it suits them - and I reckon at least 14 will do that.  so Chelsea have to find £125m+ of profit (inc amortisationon sales this June or they will be charged next March.  But they may not suffer anything beyond that if the rule change suits their poor financial  position. . Under the existing rules they would need to perform the same trick next season aswell re player sales. 

Man City have 115 charges. That’s a mistake to begin with. Was always going to take a long time because they aren’t basic spend issues. They relate to ‘dodgy’ sponsorship deals and their place in accounts.  Trying to prove that people have lied or behaved dishonestly isn’t easy because ultimately, you need to be able to prove it in a court which is going to be v difficult without strong evidence. If that existed then this would have been dealt with already. 

Haven't Chelsea still got ongoing investigations for historical potential breaches dating back to Abramovich era too?

• Like 1