Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

2 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

They said on TalkSport last night that they understand 80% of Premier League teams are currently under investigation over breaches of profit and sustainability rules

So that leaves 4 clubs not under the microscope. My guess :

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd + 1 other of the  media darlings. Spurs ? 

Guest leatherhead32
2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Spurs actually seem reasonably well run

thats perspective 4u f.u.n like it

We breeched the rules, whichever way my limited brain understands. 

I don't care about the other teams getting away with it. We should be staying in lane.

I think it's time for a reshuffle. Top isn't going to sack himself as chairman, but others need to be shifted. Its been poor for 3/4 years. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

It's worth pointing out for the sake of clarity that the £92.5m loss was our headline financial loss, not our PSR loss for that season. Our PSR loss for 2021/22 will have been less than £92.5m but still very high so your point still stands, but mentioning a headline accounting loss in the same sentence as referring to the £105m loss allowed under PSR is potentially misleading.

If the PSR system continues, next season will mark the first three-year period in which we won't have the millstone of 2021/22 around our necks. But in truth this is probably academic as I don't expect the PSR system to be retained beyond this season.

Pretty sure we only had a £10m headline loss to not breach the £105m three year PSR limit. So the £92.5m less deductibles must still have been monumental.

21 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Or feck things up so badly that the players you’ve been overpaying leave for nothing , you lose a fortune , get relegated and still get a points deduction 

This. Let’s not pretend there wasn’t another option here. There absolutely was. We broke our model, sailed far too close to the wind and mismanaged our final season under Rodgers by allowing him to send us down. This is firmly on the club. Look at Brighton as an example of how to stay within the rules and build sustainably

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty sure we only had a £10m headline loss to not breach the £105m three year PSR limit. So the £92.5m less deductibles must still have been monumental.

Well quite. And until we see the actual figures I will remain deeply nervous that our loss for 2021/22 will put our breach at a level above Everton's and Forest's and potentially result in a harsher penalty.

2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

One thing I've yet to grasp conclusively about this is are there set three-year periods or are the three-year periods rolling year-to-year?

For example, if there is a period including 21/22, 22/23 and 23/24, would the the next period be:

(a) 24/25, 25/26, 26/27

(b) 22/23, 23/24, 24/25

B - it’s a rolling 3 year period

• Thanks 1

What is hurting and hurting not just Leicester is the fact that a lot of the clubs that seem to be in the mire will have advanced cash flow by way of loans from commercial lenders 

These lenders don’t just advance a pound or two it’s tens if not hundreds of millions. The rates they charge are circa 4-6% above base rate of 5.25%. Everton for instance borrowed £150 million  from just one lender to fund working capital and not stadium build costs in effect with a turnover of around about £180 million they will for that just loan circa  £15 million pa then add to that other loans they have at one of their supporters quantified their interest costs alone at £42 million a year.

Not sure of the extent but there are 10 charges registered by Macquarie Bank shown against Leicester by this company  but let’s just assume it matches the same £ as Everton’s.

Edited by Terraloon
  • Like 1

If Rudkin hadn’t been high on his own smug and didnt reject offers for our dross we likely wouldnt be in this position.

Yet the man still remains in post. A complete and utter farce.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This season is starting to give me heavy Micky Adams 2002-03 vibes. Which is ominous considering the 5 years that followed.

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Didn't take us long to turn into Everton fans. Just waiting for the pink cards to come out lol

Let's please not. If there's one common theme I've felt from our fanbase since this all came out in the washing, it's that rather than playing the eternal victim we're fully aware that this is our club's mismanagement of the past 3-7 years (depending on who you ask) coming home to roost.

PSR / FFP is a horrifically skewed system, but if nothing else it's finally showing the wider public that we're not all just blindly clapping Top and the board and content to descend into freefall just because we get a free beer or coconut every now and again. It's a rare moment where those criticising the hierarchy are absolutely within their rights to say "I told you so". 

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bert said:

If we go up, and we get hit with points I’m not sure why we’d need to sell players. We’d already have the sanction and would be at the start of a new 3 year cycle. 

We wouldn't be at the start of a new 3 year cycle that's not how it works unfortunately.

The current period is 21-23 in which our financial results were

21: -31.2 m

22: -92.5 m

23: released at the end of March

We have been charged with losing more than £105 million in these 3 years which means we have made less than a £ 18.7 m profit this season

The next period that ends next march will include 22, 23 and 24 and one of these seasons was in the championship so we are only allowed to lose £85 million over this period rather than £105 million. Seeing as we lost 92.5 million in 22 we would need to make a profit of 7.5 m over these 2 seasons to be compliant and not be charged further in march next year

Edit: the numbers I have quoted were the headline figures actual PSR accounted loss will be less due to allowable losses e.g. infrastructure and youth. However it likely won't be much different

Edited by lcfcbluearmy
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dames said:

If Rudkin hadn’t been high on his own smug and didnt reject offers for our dross we likely wouldnt be in this position.

I suspect it was his faith in Rodgers and sheer hubris that cost us.  I remember Rodgers saying that we need to kick on after the FA Cup win and stop becoming a selling club, we all know what happened next.....a 'Greek tragedy'.

2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

One thing I've yet to grasp conclusively about this is are there set three-year periods or are the three-year periods rolling year-to-year?

For example, if there is a period including 21/22, 22/23 and 23/24, would the the next period be:

(a) 24/25, 25/26, 26/27

(b) 22/23, 23/24, 24/25

The period that we have been charged for is 21-23, next year's period is 22-24 etc. You don't start a whole new 3 years

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Dames said:

Only if he rejected offers for players that were above what was left on the book value of such players, otherwise it would have been a loss and increased our defecit.

• Like 2

Really strange that those who must have been in the know, were suggesting we'd pursue legal action against Everton. If ever there was a moment to keep quiet, that was surely it. Now just more egg on face.

• Like 1