Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

27 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

The period that we have been charged for is 21-23, next year's period is 22-24 etc. You don't start a whole new 3 years

Yes which means a few more barren years in terms of acquisitions players/stands until this flushes through. I'm not sure how Everton can keep the stadium build going.

For an industry that receives so much income, it's amazing how/why these clubs run at a loss.

I think we'll move closer to a Scottish situation, and indeed a lot of European countries, where there's effectively two tiers within the one top flight league. In the Premier, other teams try to compete with the big boys. Got to start letting them go, and run the smaller clubs properly. Hopefully as the product becomes less appealing, the Premier League might look to start with a blank canvas all round.

Edited by Twitcher
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only if he rejected offers for players that were above what was left on the book value of such players, otherwise it would have been a loss and increased our defecit.

I don't think it would have decreased our deficit it wouldn't gave solved it necercerally but if you have a player who has £15 million left on there book worth and you get £10 million for them rather than letting them go for free you only lose £5 million not £15 million

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

So that leaves 4 clubs not under the microscope. My guess :

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd + 1 other of the  media darlings. Spurs ? 

Brighton are one of the clubs that aren't under the microscope

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Twitcher said:

Yes which means a few more barren years in terms of acquisitions players/stands until this flushes through. I'm not sure how Everton can keep the stadium build going.

For an industry that receives so much income, it's amazing how/why these clubs run at a loss.

I think we'll move closer to a Scottish situation, and indeed a lot of European countries, where there's effectively two tiers within the one top flight league. In the Premier, other teams try to compete with the big boys. Got to start letting them go, and run the smaller clubs properly. Hopefully as the product becomes less appealing, the Premier League might look to start with a blanket canvas all round.

I don't think the stadium cost counts towards psr as its infrastructure?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

A lot of people banging on an out Rudkin again in this thread, without any knowledge whatsoever about how the club is run at that level. 

I have no opinion about Rudkin, but I think it’s ridiculous that he seems to be the focus of so much criticism. 

Tiresome jokes about Rudkin faxing off copies of the accounts - it’s as unfunny as it is misdirected.

If you absolutely need to gun for a senior exec, this sounds like the Finance Director’s remit.

Your  right about the finance director but the whole way this club is now run  includes Top Rudkin Whelan and the board who are all to blame  to different percentages. We've  been on this financial track ever since Top tok over .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

PSR for me is going to, if not already start, to ruin the PL, Its going to get to the stage where it really wont be worth attending matches against the super rich 6, because clubs who get hamstrung by PSR, will never be able to compete, what's the point in tipping up spending all that money, just to watch your, can only afford this team, get smashed, by billion pound teams week in, week out, home and away, who never seem to be on the wrong side of PSR, or if they are they dont care, and no one seems to do anything, whilst the Leicesters, Forests, Evertons and likely many more, will be hounded with points deductions, player sales, etc etc, crazy times and its unfolding right in front of us.

I think that's generally been the case for some time.

What PSR is now doing is making it even worse by deducting points from the non big 6 and reinforcing that any clubs that challenge the big six either need to constantly maintain their success (i.e. they can't have one or two bad seasons like all of them have had) or sell players consistently to weaken themselves, thereby maintaining the dominance of the big 6. 

The principle behind PSR is sound but it shouldn't be a fixed number - it should be based on a percentage of revenues - and transfer embargoes feels like a more appropriate punishment than points deductions for minor/first offences. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dames said:

If Rudkin hadn’t been high on his own smug and didnt reject offers for our dross we likely wouldnt be in this position.

Yet the man still remains in post. A complete and utter farce.

I’m of the belief that the wisdom and vision that was lost to the club with the tragic passing of Vichai has precipitated our whole decline and allowed this guy to get too much influence over the direction of the club 

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

I’m of the belief that the wisdom and vision that was lost to the club with the tragic passing of Vichai has precipitated our whole decline and allowed this guy to get too much influence over the direction of the club 

Unfortunately I think you are correct, the review post relegation probably strengthened his position as well bizarrely 

7 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

It's just been reported on the radio that we could face a points deduction this season as well..???

What radio station? Sky Sports, BBC Radio Leicester and I think Kieran Maguire said there wouldn't be points deduction this season? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

It's just been reported on the radio that we could face a points deduction this season as well..???

Yes because separately the EFL are looking at this year. 

It would be interesting if we didn't go up, and had a protracted stay in the Championship, say ten years, would the Premier League still be waiting with the points deduction? Presumably so.

By the same token, the Championship would also be waiting if we had a protracted stay in the Premier, at the point we were relegated.

All of which makes me think the EFL might try and rush something through for this season, so there's no hangover. They'll have to be quick though, what with appeals processes etc. I think we might sneak up without it. However if/when the inevitable happens in the future, and we go back down, that would be a double whammy.

Edited by Twitcher
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I think that's generally been the case for some time.

What PSR is now doing is making it even worse by deducting points from the non big 6 and reinforcing that any clubs that challenge the big six either need to constantly maintain their success (i.e. they can't have one or two bad seasons like all of them have had) or sell players consistently to weaken themselves, thereby maintaining the dominance of the big 6. 

The principle behind PSR is sound but it shouldn't be a fixed number - it should be based on a percentage of revenues - and transfer embargoes feels like a more appropriate punishment than points deductions for minor/first offences. 

I think the difficulty of percentages is that it actually accelerates the divide between top and bottom:

Eg. Clubs can spend 120% of their turnover… Big club £500m …. Can spend £600m. Small club £100m can spend £120m

The current system isn’t fit for purpose but I think percentages would exacerbate the problem

I  dont think it's Rudkin who sanctions the sale of players for a certain price. thats susan. He  may be the one willing to let people go, but  its Susan who negotiates the financial side of things..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I don't think it would have decreased our deficit it wouldn't gave solved it necercerally but if you have a player who has £15 million left on there book worth and you get £10 million for them rather than letting them go for free you only lose £5 million not £15 million

But you book it in the year of sale, so it all depends if you have the flexibility to take that hit or prefer to just keep spreading the amortisation over the length of the contract and keep the player. Its nonsensical but very few clubs of our ilk are booking regular losses because of this, they're just loaning them out.

• Like 2

This is an absolute mess from top to bottom. 100% this would have never happened under Vichai. Although Top delegates alot of this responsibility to others, he has the overall power and he has taken his eye off the ball - which has been quite apparent anyway.

• Like 2

The element that I despise in this ridiculous system is the timing.

If Man City / Chelsea / Everton had been docked points last season we’d have survived.

If this season we get points deducted as they’re investigating us first, lose out on promotion, then Leeds get same treatment but post promotion then they have £100m first season advantage, parachute payments, sponsorships etc etc 

Effectively one club is ruined, the other thrives, all down to the timing of investigation and penalty. How is that equitable?? 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

no chance.

we can’t be punished for an offense in this league that didn’t occur in this league.

also, we hadn’t even been in this league for a full season so they’d have no way of assessing our losses for this year..

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

What radio station? Sky Sports, BBC Radio Leicester and I think Kieran Maguire said there wouldn't be points deduction this season? 

16 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Yes because separately the EFL are looking at this year. 

It would be interesting if we didn't go up, and had a protracted stay in the Championship, say ten years, would the Premier League still be waiting with the points deduction? Presumably so.

By the same token, the Championship would also be waiting if we had a protracted stay in the Premier, at the point we were relegated.

All of which makes me think the EFL might try and rush something through for this season, so there's no hangover. They'll have to be quick though, what with appeals processes etc. I think we might sneak up without it. However if/when the inevitable happens in the future, and we go back down, that would be a double whammy.

They might try and rush through the hearing and issue the penalty - it could be that there is something in place whereby the efl can try to impose a PL sanction.  Perhaps our attempts to find loopholes has encouraged them to try and impose sanctions in any case and see what happens. 

but we would appeal and the length of time that takes would go beyond the season end 

it would be a mess UNLESS we finished the season 7 points ahead of third place 

my mind goes back to the end of the Bournemouth game last season. Susan Whelan was ashen faced as she walked past me. They really were living in cloud cuckoo land ……..

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

no chance.

we can’t be punished for an offense in this league that didn’t occur in this league.

also, we hadn’t even been in this league for a full season so they’d have no way of assessing our losses for this year..

We think that the is no mechanism for PL sanctions to be applied in the EFL.  We had better hope that our legal advice is watertight ……

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We think that the is no mechanism for PL sanctions to be applied in the EFL.  We had better hope that our legal advice is watertight ……

Even if they try to, it will be challenged and appealed so there's no way it could ever count towards this season

• Like 1