Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

This is well and good with hindsight but we were knocking on the door of Champions League football and had a manger who we backed by not selling our top players to maybe just achieve that next step. In that context at the time we wouldn’t be seeing such righteous posts. 

And?? It wasn't selling Maguire in 2019 or Chilwell in 2020 that cost us Champions League football. Likewise it wasn't keeping all our coveted players in 2021 enabled us to collectively be more of a challenge (which we weren't) to the top 6 hindsight or not.

Leicester and most clubs always had to weigh up how to be overall more competitive year on year and it required being highly innovative and progressive. In 2021 we made a decision and it backfired. Even at the time we only made 2 permanent signings and a loan in Lookman and we needed more. Vestergaard came in after an injury to Fofana.

The conveyor belt of in's and outs slowed down and the storm was brewing. We'd paid players far more than we could sustain and the longer certain players were here and the manager was here the effectiveness of him was wearing off and possibly players motivation was waning and certainly wanted new challenges. Keeping players that were running in to the final two years of their contracts who were already on close to £100k a week, there was only one way to go with these players. To offer them new deals on increased terms would further push us to the edge, we simply had to sell more players than we were doing. Many predicted this with the addition of Lee Congerton to go with Rodgers suspect track record the longer he was at clubs but I appreciate the club didn't.

As I've said, without buying low and selling high and then increasing the ratio to reinvest to progress then we were always heading for financial problems. I can't see how the club didn't factor this in, but it would appear that only Champions League qualification would keep the wold from the door which is not sound financial planning.

This is not the authorities fault! This is indicative of the incompetence of our club and hierarchy that King Power(the company, we are not owned by a family), have put in place.

It’s not a conspiracy, the complexity of Man City and Chelsea issues are the reason they will take a long time to be sorted. We were just badly run for this period, nothing more. We paid Brendan Rodgers 10m a year! He was the third highest paid manager in the league, for a decent period. If we don’t go up, the club has to be completely reset, there’s a slight chance that doesn’t have to happen if we go up.

So the gloves are really off with the efl

Placing an embargo on us registering new players seems plain weird at this stage of the season. In addition,  there is no way that they can be sure we will fail psr this year as we have June to make sig player sales and be ok. However, the efl have stated publicly that they are pro active in attempting to prevent any of their clubs falling foul of financial disaster - allowing us to trade once the window opens and then we don’t sell anyone and fail psr by a big margin whilst buying a few new players would raise questions of their plausibility in this regard. 

it’s not really a surprise, despite the club making a public statement . Suspect the issue is more that the efl made the embargo public. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

They’re trying everything they can to disrupt our promotion. 

I bet you any money if we do go up, the EFL out of the blue with a points deduction. 

Do you mean a retrospective one? As it will be June at the earliest before they will even know if we failed to meet.

I bet you any money if we do go up, the EFL out of the blue with a points deduction. 

Thankfully the rules as they stand cannot achieve this I think.

• Like 1

I think we’re probably looking at more than a points deduction given the gravity of the situation. 

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

This is not the authorities fault! This is indicative of the incompetence of our club and hierarchy that King Power(the company, we are not owned by a family), have put in place.

It’s not a conspiracy, the complexity of Man City and Chelsea issues are the reason they will take a long time to be sorted. We were just badly run for this period, nothing more. We paid Brendan Rodgers 10m a year! He was the third highest paid manager in the league, for a decent period. If we don’t go up, the club has to be completely reset, there’s a slight chance that doesn’t have to happen if we go up.

Whilst I agree that we've been poorly run for a few years now, it absolutely is the authorities fault as the rules they are trying to sanction us on, aren't fit for purpose. The whole thing is a sham, and whilst I'd like to see changes in the boardroom at LCFC to take the club forward, I really hope we can get some top lawyers to show the the pl and efl up for the absolute muppet show they are running. Every single club at this stage should get together and sue them as things currently stand with the current rules, they are basically stopping everyone outside the big 6 from competing. 

• Like 2

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Whilst I agree that we've been poorly run for a few years now, it absolutely is the authorities fault as the rules they are trying to sanction us on, aren't fit for purpose. The whole thing is a sham, and whilst I'd like to see changes in the boardroom at LCFC to take the club forward, I really hope we can get some top lawyers to show the the pl and efl up for the absolute muppet show they are running. Every single club at this stage should get together and sue them as things currently stand with the current rules, they are basically stopping everyone outside the big 6 from competing. 

The only thing for me is that the allowed losses should be adjusted re inflation of transfer fees and wages. If we go down that route, we will never take responsibility for our own failings. It’s a very difficult position because of course it’d be good to stick it to the big boys.

9 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

They probably are initially, but once they realise there's no interest in travelling support, I'm sure they'd utilise the chance to screw the home fans etc. 

Maybe I'm missing your point. 

Visiting fans wouldn't buy tickets & not go, as that's still cash going to the home club.

I wasn’t thinking they’d buy and not go. More a total boycott. But regardless it will never happen 

• Like 1

The effect this will all have on the players is going to be immense. Our dream of signing Abdul is now over.

The players know they won’t be here next season now, it’s like last season over again but somehow worse.

Say we go up. We can’t sign anyone, have to sell everyone and have a points deduction. 

This public legal mud chucking is going to get wild!!

• Haha 2