Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Does this stop is renewing contracts?

Apparently not but the wording is a bit grey - Can Clubs offer new contracts to players whilst under Embargo? Yes, Clubs can offer new contracts to existing players, though this will be dependent upon the circumstances of the individual Club and will be determined by the League.

Genuine question, it appears we are going all out to fight against this and I very much doubt the club would make a statement like this public unless they believe we have some degree of innocence 

But is there any chance this could get worse then a points deduction? Such a demoted to league 1 or worse? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RYM said:

The effect this will all have on the players is going to be immense. Our dream of signing Abdul is now over.

The players know they won’t be here next season now, it’s like last season over again but somehow worse.

Say we go up. We can’t sign anyone, have to sell everyone and have a points deduction. 

This public legal mud chucking is going to get wild!!

It is an EFL transfer embargo, if we go up it's null and void.

Just now, copunk said:

Genuine question, it appears we are going all out to fight against this and I very much doubt the club would make a statement like this public unless they believe we have some degree of innocence 

But is there any chance this could get worse then a points deduction? Such a demoted to league 1 or worse? 

Forest released a very similar statement didn't they? They still got punished

1 minute ago, RYM said:

The effect this will all have on the players is going to be immense. Our dream of signing Abdul is now over.

The players know they won’t be here next season now, it’s like last season over again but somehow worse.

Say we go up. We can’t sign anyone, have to sell everyone and have a points deduction. 

Be interesting to see how the "obligation" in a contract would be dealt with within this. Though again, not sure if we fall outside of jurisdiction should we go up.

Just now, Hales said:

So with abdul....does that mean we cant now permanently sign him or we can because he is here already?

Possibly still can. Similar happened with Chelsea still making Kovacics loan permanent while on a ban, but that was a UEFA one around poaching u18s. This is an EFL one so I guess it depends on whether we go up or not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

Forest released a very similar statement didn't they? They still got punished

Same lawyer that the Redshite used: Nick De Marco (he supports QPR).

Edited by Happy Fox

2 minutes ago, RYM said:

What? We literally can only sign Fatawu if we go up, he won't sign for us if we don't go up lol

It's only the EFL that have put this embargo on us.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hales said:

So with abdul....does that mean we cant now permanently sign him or we can because he is here already?

I believe we have to sign him if we have a contract obligation stating that

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

This is wild, looks like EFL and PL aren't coordinating so they're both coming after us which might help us legally to show what a mess this is. 

I think this is the opposite. The prem are telling the EFL to come at us and seeing as they are pushing for their new deal the EFL will do anything they say. 

They want to squeeze us as hard as possible. It’s outrageous that they want you to comply with financial terms by blocking activity in the transfer window. No club can just sell and not replace in some format 

6 minutes ago, RYM said:

We've been through worse. Let's use this like the whole worlds against us.

Get those flasks in the air West Stand 

I'm more concerned how this will affect the players.

In fact I already think it's affecting them and Enzo and has been since we couldn't get Sensi through the door.

Edited by Chico1958
Misspelled

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

This is a performative punishment isn't it? They couldn't force their business plan on us so trying to enforce one this way. Until we've been proved guilty of anything then it all seems rather rash from the EFL.

This reeks of some jobsworths at the EFL intent on seeing through all of their remedies for a rule they’ve already gotten slapped back on. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

The only thing for me is that the allowed losses should be adjusted re inflation of transfer fees and wages. If we go down that route, we will never take responsibility for our own failings. It’s a very difficult position because of course it’d be good to stick it to the big boys.

The current rules prevent anyone outside the big 6 from being able to compete. Whilst I feel that wages and transfer fees do need to come down massively as football has become a shambles in terms of money, it needs to be done in a fair way and not a way that only suits the clubs that have large revenue. I'm not suggesting that we should be able to have the same wage bill or pay the same transfer fees as the big clubs but we have to be able to compete. Yes we've fcked up with our recruitment and the large contracts given out but nobody can say that we haven't made an effort to correct our financial issues, given we only signed Faes and sold Fofana for a huge fee in summer 22. We probably went a bit mad last summer signing Winks, Coady etc but given the money made from selling Barnes and maddison, I can't see how we would have been at a loss in terms of transfer fees. The wage bill has also massively reduced when we lost Kasper, Youri etc but of course there is some way to go and we do still have deadwood like Soumare etc on big contracts that we need to try and shift. 

7 minutes ago, Hales said:

We can sign Abdul. Embargo is on new registrations.  He is already  registered so we can sign as per our obligation plus give Vards a new deal too

Edited by Fox forever
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1