Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I think this is the opposite. The prem are telling the EFL to come at us and seeing as they are pushing for their new deal the EFL will do anything they say. 

They want to squeeze us as hard as possible. It’s outrageous that they want you to comply with financial terms by blocking activity in the transfer window. No club can just sell and not replace in some format 

Not sure, you'd have thought if they were coordinated, one group would have left it to the other. 

Instead, you've got the PL threatening action, and the EFL going, wait a second, they're actually in our jurisdiction so we're going after them. 

It is obvious that rather than protecting clubs from possible demise the rules are damaging the game in general and clubs outside the usual suspects. Meanwhile the rich clubs gorge themselves having ensured the ladder has been kicked away.

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

Not sure, you'd have thought if they were coordinated, one group would have left it to the other. 

Instead, you've got the PL threatening action, and the EFL going, wait a second, they're actually in our jurisdiction so we're going after them. 

That takes brain cells and not the feeling that they can do whatever they want. 

Seems to me like they are coordinating a scenario where we are screwed if we go up and screwed if we don’t 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I am uncomfortable with how we are acting here tbh, it seems feckin clear we broke the rules, but to come on all billy big bollocks is pretty weird.

The rules might be a joke,  but it’s their rules for their competition and we signed up for it.

The fact is they can't both come at us, they need to get their ducks in a row as we haven't finished a full financial year in the EFL so they have no grounds and we are no longer a Premier league club so what is their basis?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

The current rules prevent anyone outside the big 6 from being able to compete. Whilst I feel that wages and transfer fees do need to come down massively as football has become a shambles in terms of money, it needs to be done in a fair way and not a way that only suits the clubs that have large revenue. I'm not suggesting that we should be able to have the same wage bill or pay the same transfer fees as the big clubs but we have to be able to compete. Yes we've fcked up with our recruitment and the large contracts given out but nobody can say that we haven't made an effort to correct our financial issues, given we only signed Faes and sold Fofana for a huge fee in summer 22. We probably went a bit mad last summer signing Winks, Coady etc but given the money made from selling Barnes and maddison, I can't see how we would have been at a loss in terms of transfer fees. The wage bill has also massively reduced when we lost Kasper, Youri etc but of course there is some way to go and we do still have deadwood like Soumare etc on big contracts that we need to try and shift. 

Looking at some of the comments, yeah there are rival fans celebrating this but a lot of neutral fans are supporting us as think we're doing this on behalf of the non big 6. 

We should go all in and take them to task for unfair anti competitive laws. They really are gonna try and nail us one way or another so the club might as well go down fighting. Still need to sack Rudkin though what an absolute mess.

4 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

But didn't we just prove that they can't make us comply with their business plan as we haven't yet finished our first financial year in the EFL, so on what basis can they apply an embargo?

We proved that they couldn’t ask us to supply our management accounts to end June 2023 in the autumn so they could decide if we were likely to fail psr and be put into special measures (which would likely be a transfer embargo ) 

but 1st march we had to give them the audited accounts and the club should not be surprised by this development (although they will pretend that they are) 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox 4 Life said:

The fact is they can't both come at us, they need to get their ducks in a row as we haven't finished a full financial year in the EFL so they have no grounds and we are no longer a Premier league club so what is their basis?

This I know, we are attempting to ‘slip through the cracks’ of the lack of cohesion between EFL  and the PL. but this is a short term solution, as wherever we end up, they come at us harder.

• Like 1

Maybe just me but all of this has completely tainted what should have been, and can still be a brilliant season on the field 

I'm struggling to care now whether we go up or not, either way we can't win

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

This I know, we are attempting to ‘slip through the cracks’ of the lack of cohesion between EFL  and the PL. but this is a short term solution, as wherever we end up, they come at us harder.

Depends if they’ve got their ducks in a row legally 

if we squirm our way out of this on technicalities then you can be sure they’ll want to see everything we’re up to for years to come 

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am uncomfortable with how we are acting here tbh, it seems feckin clear we broke the rules, but to come on all billy big bollocks is pretty weird.

The rules might be a joke,  but it’s their rules for their competition and we signed up for it.

It feels like we're just asking them to follow the process defined by themselves? This is just a retaliation because of the business plan stuff, which we were found to be in the right on.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Depends if they’ve got their ducks in a row legally 

if we squirm our way out of this on technicalities then you can be sure they’ll want to see everything we’re up to for years to come 

Not at all. If we go up then the EPL screw us, if we stay down the EPL does.

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

Looking at some of the comments, yeah there are rival fans celebrating this but a lot of neutral fans are supporting us as think we're doing this on behalf of the non big 6. 

Exactly, and every club needs to get on board and challenge the efl and the pl, regardless of whether they are having charges brought against them. The Premier league are going to make themselves look right mugs when they've already gone after forest, Everton and now us and then they will have a decision to make on Man City. Are they really going to treat Man City the same way they have Everton and Forest? If so, then given the amount of charges brought against them, they would have to be relegated. Given them being a "big 6 club" and a huge money earner for the pl, they clearly aren't going to relegate them which will then question the integrity of the whole league.