Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

It feels like we're just asking them to follow the process defined by themselves? This is just a retaliation because of the business plan stuff, which we were found to be in the right on.

It’s the letter rather than the spirit that’s the issue I feel, despite how utterly hypocritical that is of both EPL and EFL.

6 minutes ago, foxy tiler said:

We should go all in and take them to task for unfair anti competitive laws. They really are gonna try and nail us one way or another so the club might as well go down fighting. Still need to sack Rudkin though what an absolute mess.

Our owners made their fortune on dodgy back handers working with laws like that.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Not at all. If we go up then the EPL screw us, if we stay down the EPL does.

assuming we stay down, the efl can only screw us if we fail to sell enough players in June. It’s likely but it’s not a certainty 

I’m not a lawyer and I don’t have the epl rules and regs to hand ! 

Judging by the clubs statement it seems we're suing EFL on a technicality again, opposing the embargo as there's still plenty of 23/24 accounting period remaining... 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Exactly, and every club needs to get on board and challenge the efl and the pl, regardless of whether they are having charges brought against them. The Premier league are going to make themselves look right mugs when they've already gone after forest, Everton and now us and then they will have a decision to make on Man City. Are they really going to treat Man City the same way they have Everton and Forest? If so, then given the amount of charges brought against them, they would have to be relegated. Given them being a "big 6 club" and a huge money earner for the pl, they clearly aren't going to relegate them which will then question the integrity of the whole league. 

Totally agree with the Man City comment, the PL are really making a rod for their own backs here, if the charges against Man City are as serious as reported, the whole 115 of them then they could be playing Sunday League football within the next 2 years 🤣

Just now, st albans fox said:

assuming we stay down, the efl can only screw us if we fail to sell enough players in June. It’s likely but it’s not a certainty 

I’m not a lawyer and I don’t have the epl rules and regs to hand ! 

No, you are right, a fire sale and we are clear I assume,  it just does not seem like we would a good job of one. lol

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Judging by the clubs statement it seems we're suing EFL on a technicality again, opposing the embargo as there's still plenty of 23/24 accounting period remaining... 

How to maximise your assets value 

IMG_0569.jpeg.1d6d2416e3bb7e3cb4f19f244aa87562.jpeg

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Exactly, and every club needs to get on board and challenge the efl and the pl, regardless of whether they are having charges brought against them. The Premier league are going to make themselves look right mugs when they've already gone after forest, Everton and now us and then they will have a decision to make on Man City. Are they really going to treat Man City the same way they have Everton and Forest? If so, then given the amount of charges brought against them, they would have to be relegated. Given them being a "big 6 club" and a huge money earner for the pl, they clearly aren't going to relegate them which will then question the integrity of the whole league. 

Can't help but think they would never go after a big 6 in this way. 

Im not an expert in these matters by any stretch of the imagination...to be honest I'm only really interested in the bit where 11 blokes take on another 11 blokes......but......is there a scenario where we get deducted points this season?  I'm just thinking we may achieve top 2 then get points deducted and stay down.  And then it's what a waste of time the season was

Edited by rugbyblue

Fatawu obligation is if we are promoted, which if we are we won't be in the EFL anyway. That said even if this was an obligation that had been met based on appearances only and we don't go up then they'd still have to allow us to register him as we'd legally be obligated to buy him. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, rugbyblue said:

Im not an expert in these matters but any stretch of the imagination...to be honest I'm only really interested in the bit where 11 blokes take on another 11 blokes......but......is there a scenario where we get deducted points this season?  I'm just thinking we may achieve top 2 then get points deducted and stay down.  And then it's what a waste of time the season was

This would require an unexpected and as yet unseen solidarity between EPL and EFL to rapidly apply a new ruling they both agreed to conform too this season, and would almost certainly suggest an agenda.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

Im not an expert in these matters but any stretch of the imagination...to be honest I'm only really interested in the bit where 11 blokes take on another 11 blokes......but......is there a scenario where we get deducted points this season?  I'm just thinking we may achieve top 2 then get points deducted and stay down.  And then it's what a waste of time the season was

My understanding is that it is theoretically possible, but in reality pretty much impossible.  The independent commission have to meet, discuss the case, look at our appeal (which we have to prepare) - and get all of that done in the next 6 weeks.  
We’re not subject to the newly established fast-track punishment (that has led to Forest being punished so quickly), because we weren’t in the PL when it was voted in. 

Edited by Qwerty
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fatawu obligation is if we are promoted, which if we are we won't be in the EFL anyway. That said even if this was an obligation that had been met based on appearances only and we don't go up then they'd still have to allow us to register him as we'd legally be obligated to buy him. 

is there a chance it would be like silva though, we still have to buy him but can’t register the player? 

Football manager is going to be interesting with us next season. 

1 minute ago, TheFiveTime said:

how can we be put under transfer embargo when not found guilty of anything? it not innocent till proven guilty?

That’s what I’m confused about

Just now, TheFiveTime said:

how can we be put under transfer embargo when not found guilty of anything? it not innocent till proven guilty?

Think it is more a case of we are guilty, but they have overlooked the fact the accountancy period is not over and we could still sell before it closes to solve  the issue?

27 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

The current rules prevent anyone outside the big 6 from being able to compete. Whilst I feel that wages and transfer fees do need to come down massively as football has become a shambles in terms of money, it needs to be done in a fair way and not a way that only suits the clubs that have large revenue. I'm not suggesting that we should be able to have the same wage bill or pay the same transfer fees as the big clubs but we have to be able to compete. Yes we've fcked up with our recruitment and the large contracts given out but nobody can say that we haven't made an effort to correct our financial issues, given we only signed Faes and sold Fofana for a huge fee in summer 22. We probably went a bit mad last summer signing Winks, Coady etc but given the money made from selling Barnes and maddison, I can't see how we would have been at a loss in terms of transfer fees. The wage bill has also massively reduced when we lost Kasper, Youri etc but of course there is some way to go and we do still have deadwood like Soumare etc on big contracts that we need to try and shift. 

Fundamentally thems the rules and we broken them. We have to be accountable for our own poor performance off the pitch. You outline well why it should be a big concern!